Realistic discussion on McCarthy: Should He stay or should he go?

MacReady

If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. If we fail to reach the playoffs, should we fire our coaching staff?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will Mike McCarthy be fired at the end of the season?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

But he mostly likely wouldn't be the Aaron Rodgers we know if TT didn't pick him and MM didn't coach him up.

True.  Rodgers wasn't the QB is today when he was drafted and he benefited sitting behind Favre and learned his craft.  

I'm not going to rag on MM because Hundley looked like garbage today.  Now, if we don't see improvement in the coming weeks?  That's an entirely different story.

At some point, we need to cut our losses. We hit our apex with McCarthy a few year back and now we've been sliding. I think McCarthy has managed the locker room well, but his questionable scheme is repeatedly bailed out by the improvisation of one Aaron Rodgers.  Beating up on lackluster opponents in the NFC North isn't the sign of a great coach, especially when those double digit win Packer teams struggled in the postseason.  It's time to move on and try to salvage what remains of #12's career with someone different. I view it like the Dusty Baker situation recently with the Nationals. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

ok, that doesn't address the point at all though. Aaron didn't go be fine elsewhere. He is great here.

And there are two guys (other than Aaron) to thank for that.

I get McCarthy is a great QB coach, so he has had a great affect on Aaron....but I'm struggling with Ted being all that important.  It's not like Rodgers was a 7th round pick; someone would have drafted him.  

Just now, incognito_man said:

ok, that doesn't address the point at all though. Aaron didn't go be fine elsewhere. He is great here.

And there are two guys (other than Aaron) to thank for that.

Yup! Without Mac and TT I’m sure Aaron would be flipping burgers somewhere!

If Mac created Aaron Rodgers into a HOF QB, he should be able to coach Brett Hundley to score more than 17 points at home vs New Orleans! 

Giving TT and MM all the credit for Aaron’s success is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard. 

Just now, KFP7 said:

I get McCarthy is a great QB coach, so he has had a great affect on Aaron....but I'm struggling with Ted being all that important.  It's not like Rodgers was a 7th round pick; someone would have drafted him.  

Well, TT is the guy who drafted him for GB. He is the person who made the decision, and then made the decision to hire MM to coach him. He gets full credit for Aaron Rodgers playing for Green Bay. He has since been able to sustain a successful roster around him while working with among the league's lowest capital in that timeframe. League is designed to make GB worse via draft capital. It's hard to overcome that. Most teams/GMs do not.

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

If Mac created Aaron Rodgers into a HOF QB, he should be able to coach Brett Hundley to score more than 17 points at home vs New Orleans! 

Giving TT and MM all the credit for Aaron’s success is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard. 

that's fine. this is one of the dumbest responses I could have expected to my point. So it's all good.

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Giving TT and MM all the credit for Aaron’s success is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard

Giving TT and MM zero credit for Aaron’s success is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

7 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

The argument is that bc TT picked Rodgers in the 1st round, he's the greatest GM of all time and everything Rodgers has or will ever do is only because TT had the guts, intuition and courage to draft him. Something like that anyways.

When Rodgers gets inducted into the HOF, it should have an asterisk that says, "he accomplsihed all of this only bc TT drafted him".

2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Giving TT and MM zero credit for Aaron’s success is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

Why don’t you take a stroll to the previous page? Because I most certainly give MM for his development.

my god, people pick and choose what they wanna believe on here!

Archived