Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Y’all coulda had Moore for a 3rd......just sayin.......

+ 3 tags, which is worth at least a 2nd. Spending an early 2nd to draft Moore is far better than trading for him for a 3rd and then spending three tags to keep him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

+ 3 tags, which is worth at least a 2nd. Spending an early 2nd to draft Moore is far better than trading for him for a 3rd and then spending three tags to keep him.

Not if you had tags to burn 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Not if you had tags to burn 

There's always opportunity costs to tags, whether it be trading those tags to another team or tagging another player(s). Moore wasn't worth 2nd + 3rd value. That's why you found no suitors. 

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1

There's always opportunity costs to tags, whether it be trading those tags to another team or tagging another player(s). Moore wasn't worth 2nd + 3rd value. That's why you found no suitors. 

I've been preaching this for years and usually get vilified for it

In an ideally functioning market, assuming everyone is negotiating from their own best interests, bad teams should usually have the ability to trade tags to good teams and everyone has a positive outcome

• Like 1

Just now, Tk3 said:

In an ideally functioning market, assuming everyone is negotiating from their own best interests, bad teams should usually have the ability to trade tags to good teams and everyone has a positive outcome

And, hey, I traded 6 tags away! I may not be in the right ballpark (yet), but I think I'm at least standing outside.

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Exactly. We're usually on the same wave length, aside from your rankings from early last season. 😉

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

And, hey, I traded 6 tags away! I may not be in the right ballpark (yet), but I think I'm at least standing outside.

I'll rephrase

"Teams with a weaker selection of keepers" should be willing to trade to "teams with a stronger selection of keepers"

If my worst keeper is WAY worse than your best unkept player... then there SHOULD be a value gap for a deal to be made (and vice versa). It doesn't necessary mean bad or good team. If you have the 5 best players in the NFL, totaling 14 tags, you might have the best team in the league, but still find value in trading away tags

This is all very philosophical, however, when we should instead be yelling at @The Orca for being on the clock

Edited by Tk3

Just now, swoosh said:

Exactly. We're usually on the same wave length, aside from your rankings from early last season. 😉

You're getting an 80% preseason nerf

Because I can

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I'll rephrase

"Teams with a weaker selection of keepers" should be willing to trade to "teams with a stronger selection of keepers"

If my worst keeper is WAY worse than your best unkept player... then there SHOULD be a value gap for a deal to be made (and vice versa). It doesn't necessary mean bad or good team. If you have the 5 best players in the NFL, totaling 14 tags, you might have the best team in the league, but still find value in trading away keepers

This is all very philosophical, however, when we should instead be yelling at @The Orca for being on the clock

Yep. It makes a lot of sense.

Just now, Tk3 said:

You're getting an 80% preseason nerf

Because I can

Bring it! I just assumed you axed it after a few weeks from seeing it wasn't the best fit for this league. I still would've liked to see what the final regular season rankings looked like. 

Bring it! I just assumed you axed it after a few weeks from seeing it wasn't the best fit for this league. I still would've liked to see what the final regular season rankings looked like. 

Norway Knights 1,646
Freiburg Venom 1,618
Rio de Janeiro Pirates 1,615
Rocket City Trash Pandas 1,581
Richmond Flying Squirrels 1,530
Reykjavík Direwolves 1,524
Antarctica Penguin Poppers 1,517
Scranton Papermakers 1,505
Little Rock Uni Royals 1,502
Hanoi Viet Kongs 1,499
Egypt Starfalls 1,495
Miami Sharks 1,494