Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

showtime

50931865918_f513094346_b.jpg

Is anyone getting this when it comes out on the 11th? Are you waiting until it drops in price? Or are you not interested at all?

I've been following this game and the visuals look amazing. If you own a PS5 and you have not tried Ratchet and Clank 2016, it is available for free via the PS+ Collection.

On 6/7/2021 at 8:56 AM, scar988 said:

I have it on pre-sale. It's actually downloaded to my PS5 right now and I'm just waiting for it to unlock so I can play it.

Cool. Which version of the game did you end up buying?

Also, did you play the 2016 Ratchet and Clank game? If so, what did you think of it?

9 hours ago, showtime said:

Cool. Which version of the game did you end up buying?

Also, did you play the 2016 Ratchet and Clank game? If so, what did you think of it?

The digital deluxe. Because I'm a masochist. But I've played literally every R&C game that's ever been made. The one from 2016 is a perfect re-introduction to the series and if you can get it for $20 right now, it's totally worth it. It comes free when you do get a PS5 as part of the PS PLus collection too. 

• Like 1

I am trying to convince my gf to wait until Saturday to get it when we can get a disc copy - we both have PS5's and this way I can play it when she's done. I have a feeling she will crack on Friday and get it lol

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

The digital deluxe. Because I'm a masochist. But I've played literally every R&C game that's ever been made. The one from 2016 is a perfect re-introduction to the series and if you can get it for $20 right now, it's totally worth it. It comes free when you do get a PS5 as part of the PS PLus collection too. 

The 2016 game was my first time playing the series. I got it for free via the PS Collection. I actually just beat it last week. It was a ton of fun.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

The 2016 game was my first time playing the series. I got it for free via the PS Collection. I actually just beat it last week. It was a ton of fun.

The original game is basically the same as the 2016 one. It's a different story, but not that different. If you get a chance and have a PS3, play through the R&C remastered collection. I wish they'd remaster the entire main line for the PS2 and PS3 so that I could have those 6 for my PS5. Those are all works of art. My favorite in the entire series is easily A Crack in Time. It's probably the best made one so far. BUT, the PS4 one is still great and one I play all the time. 

Streamed it a bit tonight. Might stream a bit more tomorrow. This game might be the best game I've played in years. Definitely the best R&C since A Crack in Time (which before this was the best of the series. This one might just be better).

Early review of Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.
Visually, it might be the most beautiful game I've ever played on any system ever. Period. It's one of the best overall graphic appeals and the artwork in the game is going to be legendary. For a launch game, it really takes advantage of the PS5 hardware.
Storyline, it's another main-line Ratchet and Clank game. And I don't mean that in a bad way. R&C 1-2-3 on the PS2 are some of the best story games ever. R&C Tools of Destruction - Quest For Booty - A Crack in Time was also an exceptional storyline with A Crack in Time being the best of all of the mainlines. This storyline might be even better than a Crack in time. I'm only about 20% of the way through the game though. So we'll have to see, but so far, it's amazing. The old characters are fun and interesting. The new characters brighten up a story that is better than any retelling of the old ones would have been. It's just wonderful as a whole so far.
When it comes to the weapons, gadgets, etc, all of that is still awesome. They're intuitive and the overall Ratchet and Clank feel hasn't changed.
The big difference in this game comes from the Haptics. The new controllers and new feel for the game really changes perspective on everything. Trigger pressure really does make a difference and sometimes you HAVE to pull back all the way or that enemy is not dying. And you gotta kill these enemies.
Overall so far, I'd say it's a solid 95/100. There are a couple of things I wish they'd make better, but right now? It's great. And I'd say those things are probably coming up sooner rather than later.
  • Like 1