Week 8: VIKINGS (5-2) at Browns (0-7)

swede700

32 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

You haven't heard any Panther's fans complaining about him? Serious question: Do you know any Panthers fans or in any way have contact with any of them at all. He has been brutal this year.

My roommate is a Panthers fan and she's never mentioned him. I asked the Panthers fans here about him in Week 5; one said he'd been bad the first three weeks and had since improved. Another said he'd been okay, maybe because Cam's playmaking ability made him look better than he was.

The Vikings came out sleepy in London but pulled away in the second half. Case Keenum played well, finding underneath dump offs to Jerick McKinnon early to move the chains. The QB made a bevy of third-and-long throws to keep Vikings drives alive. Keenum converted on third-and-15, third-and-11, third-and-9 (DPI), and third-and-10. The veteran attempted 43 passes, his most of the season, finishing 27 of 43 for 288 yards, two TDs and an INT against a leaky Browns secondary. It wasn't all perfect, as Keenum had four balls batted at the line of scrimmage in the first half, one of which was intercepted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868422/article/case-keenum-leads-vikings-to-victory-over-browns

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Vikings came out sleepy in London but pulled away in the second half. Case Keenum played well, finding underneath dump offs to Jerick McKinnon early to move the chains. The QB made a bevy of third-and-long throws to keep Vikings drives alive. Keenum converted on third-and-15, third-and-11, third-and-9 (DPI), and third-and-10. The veteran attempted 43 passes, his most of the season, finishing 27 of 43 for 288 yards, two TDs and an INT against a leaky Browns secondary. It wasn't all perfect, as Keenum had four balls batted at the line of scrimmage in the first half, one of which was intercepted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868422/article/case-keenum-leads-vikings-to-victory-over-browns

Keenum didn't have the prettiest game, but he always seems to get the job done. I think it would be hard to bench him against Washington considering we have no idea how long it'll take Teddy to get up to speed (in terms of being sharp, not in terms of health)

9 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

We're 6-2....tied for 2nd best record in the league.

Why am I not more excited? Is it because of Keenum? Is it because of what happened last year after the 5-0 start?

I just don't get why I'm not more excited. Anyone else feel like this?

You’re a fan of a Minnesota professional sports team, in this case, da Vikings. You are well justified in tempering your enthusiasm. Heck, we could win the Super Bowl and it would take me a few days to believe it. 

13 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

We're 6-2....tied for 2nd best record in the league.

Why am I not more excited? Is it because of Keenum? Is it because of what happened last year after the 5-0 start?

I just don't get why I'm not more excited. Anyone else feel like this?

It feels like the team is doing just enough to win sometimes. My gut tells me that we could crumble any time. Plus the second half of the year could be dicey with a very tough schedule.

40 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

man up, son.

I'll try dad

Lmao

The good news is that, on Sunday afternoon, Minnesota Vikings’ defensive end Everson Griffen recorded a quarterback sack in his eighth consecutive game, giving him ten takedowns on the year.

The better news is that it doesn’t appear that the man they call “Sack Daddy” was seriously injured on the Browns’ final offensive series with time winding down.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/10/29/16567146/everson-griffen-not-seriously-injured-final-play

Sack Daddy??

I think it says a lot about the team with the way they turned the game around. Every team will have games that don't start out the right way, but what separates the strong teams from the weak teams is what happens after that. They could have gotten discouraged, but instead they fought back and won by 3 scores.

6 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Ill argue against that.

Browns honestly could be a 3-4 team.

Bengals were really the only team to dominate them the whole game.

Lol no we couldn’t. We are what our record says. We put up points in garbage time a lot.

However, I wouldn’t worry about your team struggling. Every great team has an off game. Vikings just struggled early.

Archived