What to do in Chicago

Ty21

Going on a little trip tomorrow there and looking for things to do, places to eat at, bars to drink at, etc. Was kinda supposed to be planning this all week but I had a super busy week. The things I found on google are fine but y’all probably know more than I do 

53 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Going on a little trip tomorrow there and looking for things to do, places to eat at, bars to drink at, etc. Was kinda supposed to be planning this all week but I had a super busy week. The things I found on google are fine but y’all probably know more than I do 

I haven’t lived there in 20+ years and went to look for my favorite restaurants and unfortunately they are now closed.

Cool thing about Chicago or any really big city is talented chefs set up there.

Find a non-chain restaurant with a chef and eat there.  It will be expensive, but probably be one of best meals you have ever had and a memorable experience.

I watched some foodie show with my wife other day and there was a place in Chicago featured and it looked really good and I can’t remember it for life of me. 

I would go with Italian food personally.  

Or you can’t go wrong going to a nice steakhouse.   I would try an Argentinian one.

If you are with a girl or wife I would take her to a piano bar like Howl at Moon or Red Head Piano bar.   You will have a good time.

Catch a Cubs game if you have never been to Wrigley or haven’t been in a long time.  Whole area looks totally different now.

Any of bars around Wrigley are good - they are 20 something crowd though.  Not sure where older folk go.

Some jazz clubs may still be around on North side.  

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Get deep dish pizza at Pequods, stroll along the River Walk downtown and stop for a beer or three, weather permitting spend some time at North Ave. Beach. That's a solid 3-4 hours spent.

• Like 1

The best steakhouse is Joe's Stone Crab. Be sure to book a reservation. Chicago Cut gets most of the publicity but Joe's is better. It's on Grand which runs underneath Michigan Ave.

@dll2000 says to go to Wrigley. I say go to GRF and watch a contender :)

Plus, River North has overtaken Wrigleyville as the cool spot to be (consequently Joe's is in River North). Loads of bars and restaurants. Each time the Hawks won the cup, 90% of their never ending party was in River North.

@G08 is right- Pequod's is really good. Don't fall into the Giordano's, Gino's East, etc trap. For my money, the original Connie's on Archer is the best pizza out there (it's also about 8 blocks from GRF).

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The best steakhouse is Joe's Stone Crab. Be sure to book a reservation. Chicago Cut gets most of the publicity but Joe's is better. It's on Grand which runs underneath Michigan Ave.

@dll2000 says to go to Wrigley. I say go to GRF and watch a contender :)

Plus, River North has overtaken Wrigleyville as the cool spot to be (consequently Joe's is in River North). Loads of bars and restaurants. Each time the Hawks won the cup, 90% of their never ending party was in River North.

@G08 is right- Pequod's is really good. Don't fall into the Giordano's, Gino's East, etc trap. For my money, the original Connie's on Archer is the best pizza out there (it's also about 8 blocks from GRF).

I’m gonna be there a couple days but prob won’t hit the south side at all, Sox aren’t even in town anyway. And my parents always had us go to ginos or giordanos (only live an hour away from chi) so I’ll be looking at other options as far as Chicago style goes since I’m calling the shots here 

21 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

so I’ll be looking at other options as far as Chicago style goes since I’m calling the shots here

Pepperoni and garlic deep dish from Pequods brah, it'll change your life. 

Haha, I didnt know so many of you live out of the city( I did too, hence the NC-North Carolina) been back for a while now.....

Doing all the lake stuff is for sure the way to go, I live in hyde park so southside stuff is always on the table too, touring pilsen, bridgeport, and hyde park is legit

Also getting Divvy Bikes is cool

40 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Haha, I didnt know so many of you live out of the city( I did too, hence the NC-North Carolina) been back for a while now.....

Doing all the lake stuff is for sure the way to go, I live in hyde park so southside stuff is always on the table too, touring pilsen, bridgeport, and hyde park is legit

Also getting Divvy Bikes is cool

Not gonna lie Mons, I had to google what a divvy bike was lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G08 said:

Fill us in brah

Went the to river walk day 1, walked to pequods, didn’t have a reservation so we just ****ed off, went to our hotel which I learned was in boystown lmao. Boystown is the safest place in Chicago tho so it was all good. Went to a gay dive bar, went to my buddies bar in wrigley and hung w some chick for a while (apparently her mom is Kanye’s lawyer lol) then went to a Cubs game but I was blotto. I guess im best friends now with our seat neighbors tho according to them. Next day went to a driving range in Lincoln park, then the zoo. Then a brazilian bbq, small mexican restaurant, another Cubs game which i remember slightly more, hit on lesbians and got their snaps, then the next day did the architecture river tour then finished at navy pier. It was the three drunkest days of my life and some other stuff went down but this was what was on the shareable docket 

• Like 3

Just now, Ty21 said:

Went the to river walk day 1, walked to pequods, didn’t have a reservation so we just ****ed off, went to our hotel which I learned was in boystown lmao. Boystown is the safest place in Chicago tho so it was all good. Went to a gay dive bar, went to my buddies bar in wrigley and hung w some chick for a while (apparently her mom is Kanye’s lawyer lol) then went to a Cubs game but I was blotto. I guess im best friends now with our seat neighbors tho according to them. Next day went to a driving range in Lincoln park, then the zoo. Then a brazilian bbq, small mexican restaurant, another Cubs game which i remember slightly more, hit on lesbians and got their snaps, then the next day did the architecture river tour then finished at navy pier. It was the three drunkest days of my life and some other stuff went down but this was what was on the shareable docket 

Also walked 12 miles each of the 3 days and spent $2k lol

• Like 2