2021 Olympic Basketball: USA v France for Gold (Friday 10:30 est)

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Also, these guys really need to stop passing up wide open shots to make the extra pass lol. Couldn't believe some of the looks they were passing out of. 

They were predetermining the pass when the damn paint was completely cleared out for the lay up/dunk. Finally started to adjust in the 2nd half and that forced Australia to actually defend the rim leading to wide open corner 3s. 

Against France though, they will need to hit their perimeter shots. Durant was a non-factor in the first match up as he was in foul trouble all game. He always turns it up every game when the team needs it, but I hope from the start he is aggressive and attacking. In Gold Medal games the man damn near always drops 30, going back to the world championships in 2010, 2012 vs Spain and then last Olympics. 

Jrue/Booker need to make life hell for Fournier/De Colo and hold them in check. 

France plays big but I don't want to see many Draymond/Bam line ups and instead want to see KD/Tatum along with one of the big line ups. Tatum and KD are damn good defenders and contest well in the paint anyways. 

If they take care of the ball and don't over pass, US should be just fine. 

Predicting a 15+ point win.

USA 102 France 83

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They were predetermining the pass when the damn paint was completely cleared out for the lay up/dunk. Finally started to adjust in the 2nd half and that forced Australia to actually defend the rim leading to wide open corner 3s. 

Against France though, they will need to hit their perimeter shots. Durant was a non-factor in the first match up as he was in foul trouble all game. He always turns it up every game when the team needs it, but I hope from the start he is aggressive and attacking. In Gold Medal games the man damn near always drops 30, going back to the world championships in 2010, 2012 vs Spain and then last Olympics. 

Jrue/Booker need to make life hell for Fournier/De Colo and hold them in check. 

France plays big but I don't want to see many Draymond/Bam line ups and instead want to see KD/Tatum along with one of the big line ups. Tatum and KD are damn good defenders and contest well in the paint anyways. 

If they take care of the ball and don't over pass, US should be just fine. 

Predicting a 15+ point win.

USA 102 France 83

I agree. I'd go small-ball and force Gobert to guard a wing or force France into a zone. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rudy Gobert: 9 points, 16 rebounds, 4 blocks

Luka Doncic:  16 points (5/18 FG)

Jrue may be the best defender on the perimeter but Rudy is the best defender on the planet. @beekay414

When will you accept the fact that your boy lacks the clutch gene, is a stat padder, and essentially the Brodie jr? @Bullet Club @Tyronnosaurus

I know you're trolling but I'm still going to rebut this.

16-10-18*

Efficiency was garbage but 16 points in the Olympics is not 16 points in the NBA, it's much better. Dream Team Jordan averaged 14.9 ppg in 1992 and 17.1 ppg as the focal point in 1984.

Also:

Luka Doncic Wins Game 4 In OT With Nasty Step-Back 3-Pointer - YouTube

Luka Doncic CRAZY GAME-WINNER - Celtics vs Mavericks | February 23, 2020-21 NBA Season - YouTube

Luka Doncic INSANE GAME-WINNER at the BUZZER - Mavericks vs Grizzlies | April 14, 2021 - YouTube

Luka Dončić 11 Straight Clutch Points to Steal a Win Over Rockets! WOW! - YouTube

Luka Doncic sets record for points in first playoff game at 42, but Clippers win (nbcsports.com)

Mavs Ride Doncic's Heroics to 105-100 Game 5 Victory and 3-2 Series Lead Over Clippers - Sports Illustrated Dallas Mavericks News, Analysis and More

Clippers beat Luka Doncic (46 points), Mavericks in Game 7 - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

5 Records achieved by Luka Doncic in the NBA Playoffs so far (sportskeeda.com)

Luka Doncic Is Already a Killer in Crunch Time - The Ringer

Oh, and he's 22.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

All of that to lose to Rudy Gobert, sounds very Broseph like. Stat padding his way to a chance to win a bronze medal, good job.

Zero NBA teammates and was a blown goaltending call away from battling for gold. Not so broseph like.