49ers and All Pro LB Fred Warner Agree to a 5 Year 95M Extension

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I disagree! Pick your weapon and let's duel!

Fred is VERY important, but I think Bosa is THE most important defender on the team. No one puts as much direct pressure on the opposing QB as he does. 

I can place Fred right AFTER Bosa. 

Agreed! However, Warner is legitimately the best coverage off ball LB in the game and this team was still a borderline top 5 defense WITHOUT Bosa. You can generate pressure with bringing blitzes and one of the reasons you can get away from that is Warner's ability to cover the opposing team's best TE or their slot WRs. He is the only LB that consistently carries WR routes 20+ yards down the field. The defense has been so good due to being stingy in the pass defense and our LBs/safeties are a big reason for that...The biggest reason? Frederico Anthony Warner! That's only what he does in the passing game but he's also developing into a stud blitzing LB. Warner is just so damn good and a true unicorn at the position. No other LB is asked to do what he does and no one excels to the level he does. 

• Like 2

Year Cap
Number
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total $98,861,547
2021 $3,636,547
$31,352,547
($27,716,000)
2022 $8,164,000
$27,716,000
($19,552,000)
2023 $18,525,000
$21,136,000
($2,611,000)
2024 $22,100,000
$16,136,000
$5,964,000
2025 $24,450,000
$9,936,000
$14,514,000
2026 $21,986,000
$3,736,000
$18,250,000

Fred Warner signed a five year, $95 million extension with the San Francisco 49ers. Warner received $27.5 million fully guaranteed at signing, with $40.5 million virtually guaranteed at signing. Warner received a $12.32 million signing bonus, along with a fully guaranteed $12.68 million option bonus in 2022. Warner's 2021 base salary is fully guaranteed at signing, as is $1.58 million of his 2022 base salary. The remaining $984,000 of his 2022 base salary, along with $12.016 million of his 2023 base salary, become fully guaranteed early in the 2022 League Year. 2024 & 2025 are void years subject to a buyback option for $3.6 million. Details are courtesy of Pro Football Talk.

https://overthecap.com/player/fred-warner/6955/

per OTC

Edited by 49erurtaza

On 7/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

This time next year Bosa will be getting his record breaking deal. So at one point or another, we will have paid a LT, DE, TE and LB the highest at their position. 

It's all up to Trey now. Let's see how good/great he can be. 

Don't forget Juice is the highest paid FB lol

Kinda crazy by this time next year we could have 5 players at or near the highest paid at their position. But each of those players has an argument for being the best at their position

23 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Warner is legitimately the best coverage off ball LB in the game and this team was still a borderline top 5 defense WITHOUT Bosa.

This is an irrefutable fact.

I hope that chris never gets the make the opposite argument! Warner is irreplaceable 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 9:47 AM, Forge said:

Cool of Bobby. 

Also... Getting out of yoga. Listen to Bobby Wagner if you won't listen to me young football players. Yoga is goooooood

Yoga is good. I think Ronnie Lott used to do it while he was playing. 

Side note, there is this awesome Yoga gym that just opened next to my house here in Macau where mostly girls seem to go. Street entertainment got a lot more interesting when I walk my dog. Too bad I'm about to change residences. 

Hey remember when I predicted the pick in the draft thread three years ago? :)

Anyway, something else to spotlight for Warner is that up to this point he remains pretty durable (knock on wood). Still a young buck, and I hope he plays a long career in the red and gold. He's already solidified himself as one of the best linebackers in franchise history in three short years. The only nitpick is the missed tackles at times, but I think he's cleaned that up a lot since his rookie campaign. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

17 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Hey remember when I predicted the pick in the draft thread three years ago? :)

Anyway, something else to spotlight for Warner is that up to this point he remains pretty durable (knock on wood). Still a young buck, and I hope he plays a long career in the red and gold. He's already solidified himself as one of the best linebackers in franchise history in three short years. The only nitpick is the missed tackles at times, but I think he's cleaned that up a lot since his rookie campaign. 

I remember some being concerned about taking Warner so high (3rd round? Too high? Naw!). I was ecstatic as I had been watching some BYU games and really liked Warner. He was my fave LB of that Draft. I think weight was a concern for some....