2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

I'm im guessing who the top 4 will be in no order:

Kings (the 7th worst record has moved up to the top 4 every year in the new lottery)

Rockets (worst record has never fallen out of the top 5 under the new lottery)

Magic (they are due)

Pelicans (just to screw the Rockets)

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

I'm im guessing who the top 4 will be in no order:

Kings (the 7th worst record has moved up to the top 4 every year in the new lottery)

Rockets (worst record has never fallen out of the top 5 under the new lottery)

Magic (they are due)

Pelicans (just to screw the Rockets)

Who do you want?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Who do you want?

As far as picks I want either pick 1, 2 or 3.  As far as prospects I rank them as:

Jabari Smith

Banchero

Chet

Ivey

Sharpe

If the Rockets get pick 4, I hope they dont overthink it and just take Ivey.  If it's pick 5, just pick Sharpe. 

16 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

As far as picks I want either pick 1, 2 or 3.  As far as prospects I rank them as:

Jabari Smith

Banchero

Chet

Ivey

Sharpe

If the Rockets get pick 4, I hope they dont overthink it and just take Ivey.  If it's pick 5, just pick Sharpe. 

I'm personally just not a fan of Smith, reminds me of a bigger Harrison Barnes.

38 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That would be a REALLY good player.

I just mean in terms of being more of a 3&D guy that doesn't really create his own offense. He shot worse on 2P FG then he shot on 3P FG last season, and only 15% of his FGA came at the rim with roughly half of them being assisted. 

I've seen him compared to a bunch of guys but I think a mix of Harrison Barnes/JJJ/Rashard Lewis is one that makes some sense.

Edited by NYRaider

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How well does an Ivey/Green backcourt work though? Neither guy is a PG.

you worry about the fit later.  Ivey and Green would be a nasty scoring backcourt. A decent HC could make the fit work.  Unfortunately Stephen Silas isnt decent.  

Edited by Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

you worry about the fit later.  Ivey and Green would be a nasty scoring backcourt. A decent HC could make the fit work.  Unfortunately Stephen Silas isnt decent.  

Sources tell me they have Keegan Murray in their top 3.

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

How many teams have won titles built around two ball dominant scoring guards that don't pass?

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just mean in terms of being more of a 3&D guy that doesn't really create his own offense. He shot worse on 2P FG then he shot on 3P FG last season, and only 15% of his FGA came at the rim with roughly half of them being assisted. 

I've seen him compared to a bunch of guys but I think a mix of Harrison Barnes/JJJ/Rashard Lewis is one that makes some sense.

I like Jabari because he has the safest floor out of the bigs.  At the least you are getting a 3 and D big man. He can improve on his 2 point FG percentage and scoring at the rim. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

I like Jabari because he has the safest floor out of the bigs.  At the least you are getting a 3 and D big man. He can improve on his 2 point FG percentage and scoring at the rim. 

I don't think that his floor is particularly that high to be honest. Guys that can't create their own offense or get to the rim in college typically don't start to do it at a high level against better defenders in the NBA.

It's an interesting draft this year for sure, no sure fire top tier prospects but a lot of guys with intrigue for sure. 

Chet Holmgren could have a similar impact to what Evan Mobley had and I think he's more skilled offensively. 

Shaedon Sharpe could be a superstar or a complete bust.

Paolo Banchero will be productive but I think he's likely to end up more in the Julius Randle tier of player then a true star. 

Jabari Smith has star qualities but his lack of creation ability worries me a lot, boom or bust guy. 

Jaden Ivey should be good but probably won't ever be great, pre injury Oladipo level.