2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'm not a fan of the 3 bigs at the top of the draft but I like a lot of guys later on. I just really don't see Paolo, Jabari, or Chet every being stars, just complimentary pieces. 

I'm with you. Not the year I'd want to have a top pick. 

No one in this draft is a sure fire superstar, the 3 bigs are probably the safest bets in the draft and still have star potential, just none of them are likely ever one of the faces of the league.

• Like 1

1. Jaden Ivey | G | Purdue
2. Keegan Murray | F | Iowa
3. AJ Griffin | F | Duke
4. Chet Holmgren | FC | Gonzaga
5. Jabari Smith | F | Auburn
6. Shaedon Sharpe | G | Kentucky
7. Paolo Banchero | F | Duke
8. Dyson Daniels | G | G League Ignite
9. Jalen Duran | C | Memphis
10. Jeremy Sochan | F | Baylor
11. Malaki Branham | G | Ohio State
12. Nikola Jovic | F | Mega Bemax
13. Johnny Davis | G | Wisconsin
14. Ousmane Dieng | F | NZ Breakers
15. Bryce McGowens | G | Nebraska
16. Tari Eason | F | LSU

17. Mark Williams | C | Duke
18. Dalen Terry | G | Arizona
19. Bennedict Mathurin | G | Arizona
20. Walker Kessler | C | Auburn

Few tweaks after thinking about it more. I really like McGowens game so I'm bumping him up a bit after more thought. 

Just now, THE DUKE said:

No one in this draft is a sure fire superstar, the 3 bigs are probably the safest bets in the draft and still have star potential, just none of them are likely ever one of the faces of the league.

I don't really think any of them have star potential to be honest. 

I think Chet can be a good rim protecting/floor stretching big but he struggled to score in the half court in the WCC and I have questions about his frame/durability long term.

Jabari Smith will probably be like a Harrison Barnes+ but I just don't think he has the ability to create his own at a rate to be a star.

Paolo will put up stats but so did guys like Tobias, Blake, and Randle, think he falls into that tier of player.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't really think any of them have star potential to be honest. 

I think Chet can be a good rim protecting/floor stretching big but he struggled to score in the half court in the WCC and I have questions about his frame/durability long term.

Jabari Smith will probably be like a Harrison Barnes+ but I just don't think he has the ability to create his own at a rate to be a star.

Paolo will put up stats but so did guys like Tobias, Blake, and Randle, think he falls into that tier of player.

Chet is a big wildcard, if he hits 3s, then he's probably the RoY, because if you have to guard him out to 22 ft, he's 2 steps away from a layup if you crash too hard defensively. And he's going to get his blocks.

Paolo was overrated most of the college season and now has come full swing to where I think he is under rated on this site.

Jabari I have real concerns about creating his own shot, but the D will be solid with plus potential and he can shoot.

I don't think Banchero is underrated here at all. I think the analysis on him is right on. He's got a lot of work to do before he's an impact player and could very well end up as a low impact, box score bandit.

My issue with him is his conference numbers were pretty meh for someone that's supposedly a high ceiling, physically dominant player.

17.4 PPG on 44.9/31.5/71.6 in ACC play. That's volume guard level efficiency.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think Banchero is underrated here at all. I think the analysis on him is right on. He's got a lot of work to do before he's an impact player and could very well end up as a low impact, box score bandit.

My issue with him is his conference numbers were pretty meh for someone that's supposedly a high ceiling, physically dominant player.

17.4 PPG on 44.9/31.5/71.6 in ACC play. 

the minute he steps foot on the court in the nba he is an impact player especially on offense. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

the minute he steps foot on the court in the nba he is an impact player especially on offense. 

Hyperbole lol

If he puts up a 44/31/75 stat line, that's not impact from a power forward. That's Julius Randle type bull****.

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Chet is a big wildcard, if he hits 3s, then he's probably the RoY, because if you have to guard him out to 22 ft, he's 2 steps away from a layup if you crash too hard defensively. And he's going to get his blocks.

Paolo was overrated most of the college season and now has come full swing to where I think he is under rated on this site.

Jabari I have real concerns about creating his own shot, but the D will be solid with plus potential and he can shoot.

IIRC most of Chet's 3P production came in transition so there are questions about how he'll score in the half court. He was abysmal against any real competition last year.

Paolo had a good year at Duke.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Where is this idea that Banchero is an offensive juggernaut coming from? 

I think he's skilled and has a versatile offensive game for a guy his size. He has a nice post game, solid lob threat, plus ball handler, above average passer, and meh 3P shooter. I just don't think that he has the athleticism to be a top tier scorer in the NBA. As you said if he's going to get buckets it won't be on great efficiency. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think he's skilled and has a versatile offensive game for a guy his size. He has a nice post game, solid lob threat, plus ball handler, above average passer, and meh 3P shooter. I just don't think that he has the athleticism to be a top tier scorer in the NBA. As you said if he's going to get buckets it won't be on great efficiency. 

For a guy his size is the key phrase here. They said the same thing about Julius Randle. They both have similar issues with their shots, where their touch is **** lol. Banchero's going to be a pro, for sure, but I don't see a star. Not unless you consider Julius Randle a star and...well...we all know how I've felt, since the get go, about Julius Randle. Mind you, I'm not saying he does the same stuff as Randle, just saying that's the type of efficiency/impact you're looking at when you are discussing Banchero.