Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Here...

Terrible argument, but I love the hypocrisy.

You just said this posts ago:

"Why is it so astounding for new players to not realize the odds that town will vote out town fairly often early in games?"

Now you're going to claim that me not voting Josh D1 is "suspicious"? Why is it so astounding for super-elite-mega-experienced players to not realize why a town would want to just sit on one inactive target on D1 instead of following what appeared to be a scum train against someone that, using your math, was likely town? If anything, and using your logic, that should be a clear town thing for someone to do.

With these arguments, you absolutely have to be scum.

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Regardless, Nacho has done things in lockstep with swoosh and Tk3 this entire time.

How is Nacho supposed to control what swoosh and tk3 do?

It is very, very, very rare that a scum team will group together like you think you are seeing.  Being suspicious of swoosh and/ or tk3 for parroting Nacho might have merit.  

D1. Josh has 0 votes against him. The first person to vote Josh is Nacho. Tk3 immediately votes Josh as well. Swoosh follows up with a Josh vote minutes later.

Again, you think Nacho as scum teammate with Josh placed his vote on Josh to bus him.  Then with 15 minutes bailed on that plan so it would draw an immense amount of scrutiny towards him?  That is not scum behavior.

D2: Both swoosh and Tk3 vote Nacho before both switch their votes to Matts (town) to kill him off, a clear "look at us, we tried to go after him, don't suspect we're working together" move.

I just don't understand how actual town players aren't looking at these moves and saying "well, they're obviously working closely together".

Keeping an open mind and considering other options.

So, let's assume some scenarios 

1.  Nacho is scum, who are his teammates?

2.  Nacho is town, who are your next highest scum reads as of now?

9 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's trends. Behaviors. When one person acting in extremely suspicious ways pushes a vote that turns out to be scum, that player should be scrutinized next.

But he didn't push the Josh vote.  He placed the vote and didn't say much more that I recall

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

How is Nacho supposed to control what swoosh and tk3 do?

It is very, very, very rare that a scum team will group together like you think you are seeing.  Being suspicious of swoosh and/ or tk3 for parroting Nacho might have merit.  

Again, you think Nacho as scum teammate with Josh placed his vote on Josh to bus him.  Then with 15 minutes bailed on that plan so it would draw an immense amount of scrutiny towards him?  That is not scum behavior.

Keeping an open mind and considering other options.

So, let's assume some scenarios 

1.  Nacho is scum, who are his teammates?

2.  Nacho is town, who are your next highest scum reads as of now?

In other words: if we observe scummy behavior, we just say "well, it's rare for scum to do something so blatantly scummy, so they probably aren't scum"? How... what?

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So those scum names weren't sitting on the same final vote line next to each other? Here's the line one hour before the end of the voting period:

Josh - - 7-nacho, Tk3, swoosh, ET, squire, Orca, Raves

He wanted to distance himself from Tk3, swoosh, and, presumably, you.

But why move his vote to draw such immense attention to himself?

Why not ET in that setup?

Interesting leave out....

But he didn't push the Josh vote.  He placed the vote and didn't say much more that I recall

That's even worse. How are you not seeing this?

He didn't have to say anything, and neither did Tk3 and swoosh. They just went along with his votes without justification or explanation. How does that seem like reasonable behavior to you?

Just now, squire12 said:

But why move his vote to draw such immense attention to himself?

Why not ET in that setup?

Interesting leave out....

Because I haven't suspected ET much so far, although Raves made a great point posts ago: he hasn't really done much so far. ET did warn that he'd be busy, so maybe that's the reason, but it's something to consider.

I already explained why he moved off: to move himself off of the same list with the others.

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

Anyone else find it strange that ET isn't really participating much and instead just putting random votes on people when they make self-deprecating remarks?  Like literally doing nothing to help town.  That's pretty scummy.

I've tried to put in my .02 for Scoundrel doing the exact same thing, and I really didn't get anything out of that.

So, I figured if I can't beat em, join em.

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Terrible argument, but I love the hypocrisy.

You just said this posts ago:

"Why is it so astounding for new players to not realize the odds that town will vote out town fairly often early in games?"

Now you're going to claim that me not voting Josh D1 is "suspicious"?

It's not just the not voting Josh, but the questioning of why the vote was on Josh.  That to me is the connection to you being Josh's teammate.

Why is it so astounding for super-elite-mega-experienced players to not realize why a town would want to just sit on one inactive target on D1 instead of following what appeared to be a scum train against someone that, using your math, was likely town? If anything, and using your logic, that should be a clear town thing for someone to do.

Inexperienced scum generally like to avoid being on a main vote line, regardless of whether the player they are voting is town or scum

With these arguments, you absolutely have to be scum.

Keep an open mind

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I've tried to put in my .02 for Scoundrel doing the exact same thing, and I really didn't get anything out of that.

So, I figured if I can't beat em, join em.

In fairness to Scoundrel, that's pretty much his posting style. Everywhere.

I was on Scoundrel for desperately trying to save Josh D1, and I was told to ignore all of that because they're friends and stuff. Other town didn't seem interested in pursuing Scoundrel then, either.

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In other words: if we observe scummy behavior, we just say "well, it's rare for scum to do something so blatantly scummy, so they probably aren't scum"? How... what?

Yes.  At some point what you are seeing is what you want to see.  Scummy behavior is in the eye of the beholder.

The phrase .... to scummy to be scum ...exist for a reason.

It's not just the not voting Josh, but the questioning of why the vote was on Josh.  That to me is the connection to you being Josh's teammate.

Why wouldn't I question the Josh vote? He, like everyone else, hadn't really done much up to that point. Suddenly, a few players were all over him. Scum can communicate outside of this forum. Town cannot. Why wouldn't I have questions?

I didn't even suggest that Josh shouldn't be the vote, and I certainly didn't defend him until the very end, claiming that votes for Josh were wasted votes. I just asked why he was the vote. The answer: "no reason, really".

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

That's even worse. How are you not seeing this?

He didn't have to say anything, and neither did Tk3 and swoosh. They just went along with his votes without justification or explanation. How does that seem like reasonable behavior to you?

How is it anymore reasonable than yours?

"I'm going to stick on bucs because he is inactive, ven though this vote is useless in deciding who is voted out"

You completely avoiding the Josh vote line....and he was scum.  So you look suspicious as well