Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

This reminds me

@TL-TwoWinsAway why did you go away from the Nacho vote, not sure if you answered earlier when I asked 

Eh, my vote is still in that vicinity. We've got some time left. Definitely not against Nacho.

One thing that has me confused: there's a governor (that Pickle claimed to be, likely town) and a senator (unclaimed, likely scum), and both would have security details. That means it's still possible that Pickle is a good or bad character.

Knowing this, why does Nacho want him voted so badly? If Nacho were town, and we know that Pickle is powerful, and that Pickle could potentially be town, why would another town risk trying to kill him again?

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Eh, my vote is still in that vicinity. We've got some time left. Definitely not against Nacho.

One thing that has me confused: there's a governor (that Pickle claimed to be, likely town) and a senator (unclaimed, likely scum), and both would have security details. That means it's still possible that Pickle is a good or bad character.

Knowing this, why does Nacho want him voted so badly? If Nacho were town, and we know that Pickle is powerful, and that Pickle could potentially be town, why would another town risk trying to kill him again?

Yep that's a good point. Also add in that he is confident the writeup does not reveal if its a pardon or scum godfather, but thinks Pickle is 100% scum. Isnt allowing for the possibility that Pickle is telling the truth. So he is going against his own words and not thinking critically in the process

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Derek Hough Spin GIF by NBC

This is the classic spin to get out of something, you make a statement and then post something at the end that doesnt make sense but pushing suspicion and adds an air of discredit to the orginal point that the person was making 

I already explained it. And your push should be discredited because it's dumb.

If I was stating anything that wasn't complete common sense, perhaps you could go that angle.

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If Pickle is town, he's now vanila

A town pardoner doesn't have a bunch of bonus powers

• Like 1

I think I'm putting Scoundrel in the town category for now. swoosh defended his actions with Josh at the end of D1, saying that such extreme D1 behaviors are in line with how Scoundrel often acts. Scoundrel seemed certain that jason was town. It just seems like town guys getting fair reads on other town guys at that point.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

If Pickle is town, he's now vanila

A town pardoner doesn't have a bunch of bonus powers

Right! And, if that's the case, and if you're town, why be hell-bent on voting Pickle out? As it stands, Pickle could just as easily be town as he is scum. From a town perspective, conclusions haven't been drawn about Pickle at all. Why push to have him killed?

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Yep that's a good point. Also add in that he is confident the writeup does not reveal if its a pardon or scum godfather, but thinks Pickle is 100% scum. Isnt allowing for the possibility that Pickle is telling the truth. So he is going against his own words and not thinking critically in the process

i'd probably say 95% scum at this point, mostly based on his play.

there's always a chance I've misread him, but I honestly cannot understand how his posts could have a town perspective from my own.

26 minutes ago, The Orca said:

That's 10-15 minutes of my time I won't get back.  

If there is supposed to be something significant,  I missed it.  

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Right! And, if that's the case, and if you're town, why be hell-bent on voting Pickle out? As it stands, Pickle could just as easily be town as he is scum. From a town perspective, conclusions haven't been drawn about Pickle at all. Why push to have him killed?

If you're going to err and accidentally vote town - you'd rather accidentally vote vanilla town than power town

Everything is a % gamble.. only scum knows who is and who isn't

But if I'm 60/40 on a guy where the downside is a mis-vote Vanilla.. I'm more willing to take that risk than a 70/30 lean on a guy claiming a real power

Does that make sense? The loss is lighter if we're wrong if its a vanilla in question

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think he is scum based on his thread play. What don't you get?

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

conclusions haven't been drawn on ANYBODY at all. Why push to have ANYONE voted?

Why are we even playing the damn game??

• Like 1

Just now, Tk3 said:

If you're going to err and accidentally vote town - you'd rather accidentally vote vanilla town than power town

Everything is a % gamble.. only scum knows who is and who isn't

But if I'm 60/40 on a guy where the downside is a mis-vote Vanilla.. I'm more willing to take that risk than a 70/30 lean on a guy claiming a real power

Does that make sense? The loss is lighter if we're wrong if its a vanilla in question

It does make sense. And, if that's the only read out there, I'd concede that it's probably a fair direction to take.

It just doesn't seem like it's the only read out there.