? Week 8 GDT - Home Sweet Dome vs Da Bears - 1pm EST on FOX

Mid Iowa

4 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Just left dome, first post for me.. Some quick thoughts.

Saints excape a classic trap game with a win. Bears highlighted all of Saints weakness. Saints are weak up the middle vs a power run game. The Saints are historically BAD aganist rookie quarterbacks and our kick coverage units are still a weak link. Bears excel at power running, Howard is a underrated gem in the NFL. Trubisky had his moments and i thought he fought hard and showed toughness, he took some brutal shots in this game. I was worried about Cowen return skills and it almost bit us in the end.

Still... A win is a win!

Ingram, yes unexcusable 2 4th quarter fumbles while in scoring position with a lead. However, im not sure if you guys were able to see it on tv but the defense went right to Ingram aftwr their 3 and out and game ending INT. They were clearly showing that they had his back which is a sign of strong team unity. 

Hicks was a monster and im happy hes found a place where he can shine. He and Payton embraced at mid field so I dont think theres much animosity there. 

The crowd was awesome today... Loud as I can remember when Lattimore got his INT. 

The injury to the TE leg happened im my endzone but it happened so fast that I didnt see it in real time. After thr play I could hear him writhing in pain so i looked up as the big screen at the replay and... Man, i hate seeing that!

Had a halftime tribute to FATS D... Sad times in NOLA but the win helps.

I didn't think the run defense was too bad. 2 big 50+ yard runs by Howard and Trubisky really skew the numbers. That's something the D still needs to work on, not giving up the big play, but the overall level of run defense felt pretty solid to me. 

9 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I didn't think the run defense was too bad. 2 big 50+ yard runs by Howard and Trubisky really skew the numbers. That's something the D still needs to work on, not giving up the big play, but the overall level of run defense felt pretty solid to me. 

Not the run defense as a hole... But runs through the A-gaps is a big issue for us. Teams were averaging close to 5 yards a carry before this contest just considering runs to those gaps, after this game it will be well over 5 yards per

I think you can really only complain about one of the Ingram fumbles, the second fumble he had it wrapped up tight and it was really just an amazing play by the defense.  I can't think of a single player that wouldn't have fumbled in that situation.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

I think you can really only complain about one of the Ingram fumbles, the second fumble he had it wrapped up tight and it was really just an amazing play by the defense.  I can't think of a single player that wouldn't have fumbled in that situation.

He will have a MONSTER game aganist the Bucs... Book it!

Just box score scouting, it looks like we played well on offense minus the red zone fumbles considering how good Bears D is.  It also looks like we may not have played so well on defense considering how bad Bears O is, and the fact one of their TDs got robbed from them.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Just box score scouting, it looks like we played well on offense minus the red zone fumbles considering how good Bears D is.  It also looks like we may not have played so well on defense considering how bad Bears O is, and the fact one of their TDs got robbed from them.

Same every week... Saints D plays great except for about 4-5 plays which typically accout for about 80% of the opposing teams offense.

Today was no different

14 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

From a hack Chicago writer Steve Rosenbloom, because there is no way a legitimate sports writer would write this. The Saints were "cupcakes"? This reeks of someone who watches box stats and pretends he knows football.

DNVf9ILW0AAB_ig.jpg:large

Extra sprinkles please!

16 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

From a hack Chicago writer Steve Rosenbloom, because there is no way a legitimate sports writer would write this. The Saints were "cupcakes"? This reeks of someone who watches box stats and pretends he knows football.

DNVf9ILW0AAB_ig.jpg:large

This person is terrible.  The only thing terrible about our defense right now is our run defense.  Which means the Bears should do the opposite of what this person wants them to do.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

This person is terrible.  The only thing terrible about our defense right now is our run defense.  Which means the Bears should do the opposite of what this person wants them to do.

I really don't think our run D is THAT bad. Still needs work, but not that bad. We are getting stops when we need them. Loving this D.

Just now, navysaintsfan said:

I really don't think our run D is THAT bad. Still needs work, but not that bad. We are getting stops when we need them. Loving this D.

It may not be terrible, but it's definitely our weakest link.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

It may not be terrible, but it's definitely our weakest link.

We don't get enough push up front and our LBs over pursue and commit to the wrong gap a lot. They can improve it. I hope.

I think a big part of the stats that idiot from Chicago wrote about included our first two games.  Our defense since those 2 games have been dominant and among the top teams in the league, the first two really skewed the numbers as of right now.

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

What's up with Sheldon Rankins? He has basically disappeared. 

Stat production is often times overrated with interior players... Rankins is actually having a good season. He is disruptive on the inside and is constantly drawing double teams from opposing offenses which opens up alot for others arpund him. Cam Jordan has been singing Rankins praises all season even calling him the Yoda of our D-line by the way he recognizes fronts and gets people in the right alignments up front.

As far as his stat production... Hes always right there but hasnt gotten the sacks himself. I personally feel Rankins is feeling the loss of Fairley more than any. Onyamata and Davison are fine players but no where near the interior pass rusher that Fairley was. This allowed Rankins far more one on one match ups. This may actually be an area to adress in the draft if Fairley does not come back.

Archived