? Week 8 GDT - Home Sweet Dome vs Da Bears - 1pm EST on FOX

Mid Iowa

0-2, then rattle off five win...I just could not have imagined a turnaround like this. What are we seeing? This defense hustles, flies to the ball, attacks, takes the ball away when it matters, and is YOUNG! Man, 5-2. This team is for real. Now winning defensive battle games. Just wow.

5 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Also, you guys get off Ingram. Dude has been a model of consistency.. Was due for a bad game. It happens. He will bounce back. Now...CAN I GET A WHO DAT?

He deserves it for now, and I don't think Ingram himself would argue. No one's saying he should never play again or anything lol, just that he kept fumbling at the worst times and deserves to be in the doghouse for it. I bet Kamara gets more touches next week and then that's all there is to it.

2 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

He deserves it for now, and I don't think Ingram himself would argue. No one's saying he should never play again or anything lol, just that he kept fumbling at the worst times and deserves to be in the doghouse for it. I bet Kamara gets more touches next week and then that's all there is to it.

Agreed. 

Mark might be consistent, but this week he was a bum that almost cost us the game. 

I can forgive a fumble, even a fumble that puts the game in jeopardy. But twice? Twice when in FG range? Twice while in FG range in the 4th quarter?

yeah, get that bum off my screen for a bit. Gimme a heavy dose of Kamara next week

If we don't fumble twice then this game isn't nearly as close. Hopefully we fix that issue. We moved the ball well on a good defense, so I think our offense will be fine. We just really need to stop committing turnovers at crucial times.

The fumbles did result in a good test for our defense though, so I guess they did something good in the long run. 

2 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Based off play so far this year, if Shon doesn't make All Pro team then it's a joke. I haven't seen a corner this good since prime Revis/Sherman. Honest. 

Agreed. He’s been lockdown since day one.

Most dominant saints rookie I’ve ever seen for sure

3 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Based off play so far this year, if Shon doesn't make All Pro team then it's a joke. I haven't seen a corner this good since prime Revis/Sherman. Honest. 

The all pro has been a joke for some time now, but yeah, you're totally right.

Our D should have had at least 2 additional picks, and we turned the ball over several times. All that said, Chicago got the benefit of the doubt and still lost.

I hope they clean up their heads for next week so we can smoke the Buccs.

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Agreed. He’s been lockdown since day one.

Most dominant saints rookie I’ve ever seen for sure

Just left dome, first post for me.. Some quick thoughts.

Saints excape a classic trap game with a win. Bears highlighted all of Saints weakness. Saints are weak up the middle vs a power run game. The Saints are historically BAD aganist rookie quarterbacks and our kick coverage units are still a weak link. Bears excel at power running, Howard is a underrated gem in the NFL. Trubisky had his moments and i thought he fought hard and showed toughness, he took some brutal shots in this game. I was worried about Cowen return skills and it almost bit us in the end.

Still... A win is a win!

Ingram, yes unexcusable 2 4th quarter fumbles while in scoring position with a lead. However, im not sure if you guys were able to see it on tv but the defense went right to Ingram aftwr their 3 and out and game ending INT. They were clearly showing that they had his back which is a sign of strong team unity. 

Hicks was a monster and im happy hes found a place where he can shine. He and Payton embraced at mid field so I dont think theres much animosity there. 

The crowd was awesome today... Loud as I can remember when Lattimore got his INT. 

The injury to the TE leg happened im my endzone but it happened so fast that I didnt see it in real time. After thr play I could hear him writhing in pain so i looked up as the big screen at the replay and... Man, i hate seeing that!

Had a halftime tribute to FATS D... Sad times in NOLA but the win helps.

Archived