Week 8 GDT: IT'S A TRAP!!!!! San Francisco 0-7ers vs the Wentzlyvania Eye Tests

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

So who do you guys think we don't bring back next year?

Some names that come to mind.

Celek, Peters, Sproles

Think they let celek stick around until he retires even if that entails some pay cuts. Peters and sproles stay if they want to keep playing.

I think torrey smith's time is already up

Just now, Phire said:

Think they let celek stick around until he retires even if that entails some pay cuts. Peters and sproles stay if they want to keep playing.

I think torrey smith's time is already up

At their age, do you think the two of them can really come back from the injuries they've sustained? Pretty sure Sproles' contract is up after this season regardless, no?

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

At their age, do you think the two of them can really come back from the injuries they've sustained? Pretty sure Sproles' contract is up after this season regardless, no?

I think they will be back fine. If this was a back, achilles, or some other injury I'd say they'd hang it up. But knee ligaments? Those injuries are so routine now I dont think those will really hold them back. The only question really is whether they have the mental drive to rehab and go through the process. I dont think either guy wants to go out like this. Sproles probably gets a 1-year deal to keep him around hes one more season from retiring anyways.

47 minutes ago, Phire said:

I think they will be back fine. If this was a back, achilles, or some other injury I'd say they'd hang it up. But knee ligaments? Those injuries are so routine now I dont think those will really hold them back. The only question really is whether they have the mental drive to rehab and go through the process. I dont think either guy wants to go out like this. Sproles probably gets a 1-year deal to keep him around hes one more season from retiring anyways.

Basically this. If Peters wants to come back, we let him try at least. Who knows if he will be healthy but he was playing at such a high level this year you have to at least give him a shot. Sproles I think we probably move on from no matter what unless we can get him insanely cheap. 

I think we should be targeting an OT in the first round of the draft next year..

44 minutes ago, Phire said:

If Peters comes back at 75% capacity next year hes STILL gonna be a beast. We have to ride that flame till it burns out completely.

::Jason Peters enters Howie’s Office::

Howie: Hey Jason, unfortunately we have some bad news, we’re going to....

Jason:  Hey Howie, don’t cut me....

(death stare ensues)

Jason: Don’t cut me, you hear...

Howie:  ...we’re going to keep you around another year.  Good luck out there! (Laughs nervously)

Do you like our nickel d-line? 

Usually it is like this. 

Long - Graham - Cox - Barnett

I don't like Graham inside, even though he is not bad by any means. Would rather see something like this. Curry is very good against the rush, I think he would be good on 3rd downs as well. He also has experience playing from the inside, actually had his best season as an inside pass rusher in the 3-4. Long was also a decent pickup, but he is playing too much for my taste. He should be rather a rotational guy. 

Graham - Curry - Cox - Barnett

Archived