Ravens CB Jimmy Smith carted off at practice with leg injury

TheKillerNacho

He's got a history of leg injuries, I believe. The Ravens secondary has some good players there and should be able to move forward with Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters and Tavon Young, but it's never good to lose a savvy vet such as Smith.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

He's got a history of leg injuries, I believe. The Ravens secondary has some good players there and should be able to move forward with Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters and Tavon Young, but it's never good to lose a savvy vet such as Smith.

Yep, tore his Achilles a couple of years ago and I believe he also had another major injury as well.

We've been primarily using him as a hybrid CB who covers TE's because of his size and physicality, but it was a complete luxury to have that. The big question mark is "can Tavon Young stay healthy?" because the answer for his entire career has been no, but when he plays he's one of the best slot CB's in the NFL. So who knows.

This probably means the end of Jimmy Smith's career, though.