Preseason Week 2 GDT - Los Angeles Chargers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

We have the SNF game tomorrow night and it's a bummer that Herbert will not be playing but I think most of us are just interested in seeing more of Lance. Curious to see how Shanny splits the reps between the QBs but I'm hoping Jimmy gets three drives and then the rest of the game is all Lance. I don't care to see Sudfield at all tbh. Lance needs as many reps as possible.

I predicted last week that Shanny was going to hammer it in Lance's head to not run when pressured but instead to keep his eyes down the field… Well, I think this week we see a few QB designed runs and Lance taking off on a scramble or two. I'm hoping he gets more chances at the two minute drill and improves with getting the ball out quicker than last week. I want to see him fire a deep throw or two without a play action. Also, please give the man a drive or two with the starting OL. 

Defensively, I'm guessing Verrett will be held out again or if he plays, won't be more than a quarter. Let's see more of the youngsters and see how they hold up. Hufanga may get the start at safety again and I want to see him in situations where he is isolated with a TE or has to cover ground on a long ball. Our pass rush dominated the joint practices but can we get a dominant performance by one of them tomorrow? Will Street just continue being a practice player or can he make an actual play in the game? 

Lance stats prediction: 

9-16 115 yds 1 TD 1 INT, 4 rushes 23 yds

If there's any chance Lance start week 1, he has to have a massive game tomorrow. I just don't see it happening, I'm going to say he's 9-14 104 yards a TD and Int. Rushing I'm going to say 3 rushes 30 yards he has one big run for 20 yards. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

What's weird about week 2 preseason is how teams elect to play or sit their starting QBs. Chiefs had Mahomes in the game into the 2nd quarter, Big Ben played the entire first half or majority of the first half and then you have other teams such as the Packers, Bills, Seahawks, Raiders, Ravens, Rams, Giants etc that did not play their starting QB. A lot of those teams did not even play their starter in the first preseason game. All teams with young starting QBs play their guy and for good reason and teams that drafted a young QB who has not been named the starter yet play the veteran as well (Cam/Dalton/Jimmy).

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What's weird about week 2 preseason is how teams elect to play or sit their starting QBs. Chiefs had Mahomes in the game into the 2nd quarter, Big Ben played the entire first half or majority of the first half and then you have other teams such as the Packers, Bills, Seahawks, Raiders, Ravens, Rams, Giants etc that did not play their starting QB. A lot of those teams did not even play their starter in the first preseason game. All teams with young starting QBs play their guy and for good reason and teams that drafted a young QB who has not been named the starter yet play the veteran as well (Cam/Dalton/Jimmy).

There are certain ppl I expect not to see in preseason AT ALL for us. Bosa, Warner, Kinlaw, Verrett, Kittle, Mostert, Deebo, T. Williams. K. Williams...and that's perfectly fine with me. Most of those guys are irreplaceable. I'd risked them knocking off a little rust in the first game over them getting knicked during a few series of work in the preseason and adding to they're long list of injuries. 

Depends on the QB in most instances. Some want a couple of reps during the preseason. Others have enough experience and know how that a couple of series in meaningless games isn't all that beneficial.

26 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

There are certain ppl I expect not to see in preseason AT ALL for us. Bosa, Warner, Kinlaw, Verrett, Kittle, Mostert, Deebo, T. Williams. K. Williams...and that's perfectly fine with me. Most of those guys are irreplaceable. I'd risked them knocking off a little rust in the first game over them getting knicked during a few series of work in the preseason and adding to they're long list of injuries. 

Depends on the QB in most instances. Some want a couple of reps during the preseason. Others have enough experience and know how that a couple of series in meaningless games isn't all that beneficial.

Deebo already played but now surely won't get any reps after his latest injury. 

I think Kittle and Warner get some reps either tonight or next week. 

Over/under 1.5 series with the starting OL for Lance tonight? 

Just now, Forge said:

I think he'll get a couple with the offensive line starting tonight

IF Shanny still has any doubts of who his starter will be week 1, then Lance will have his shot to make a statement tonight. If he kills it with the starters? He at least turning this into a internal debate for Shanny and the crew. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So much for Deebo not playing lol. 

Um, I would not play him today. For what? Be cautious and play him next week in the finale. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He needs to sit until the regular season. He doesn't really need the reps. His health is is more important to this team than his chemistry with the starting QB at this point. I shudder to think how anemic our passing game would look if either Deebo or Ayuik misses more than a game.

• Like 1