Going Full Homer (Kicker Watch)

Jeezy Fanatic

So I think most would be in agreement that there’s some reason for concern around Dustin Hopkins, his percentages have gone down year over year, he’s missed some big kicks and doesn’t seem to have the range he did a few years back. Meanwhile, last years Lou Groza award winner (that went to all of this forums favorite academic institution) is likely to be available…

so what say the group? Would you approve moving on from Hopkins for this beast?

28 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

So I think most would be in agreement that there’s some reason for concern around Dustin Hopkins, his percentages have gone down year over year, he’s missed some big kicks and doesn’t seem to have the range he did a few years back. Meanwhile, last years Lou Groza award winner (that went to all of this forums favorite academic institution) is likely to be available…

so what say the group? Would you approve moving on from Hopkins for this beast?

Seems to me most of these college kickers have fail with one or two teams before they get usd to dealing with Pro pressure. I wouldn't have the 'nads to pull the trigger on this .

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What do his kickoffs look like? 

Finished 20-for-22 on field goal attempts and perfect 37-for-37 on extra point attempts during regular season. Finished 9-for-11 on field goals of 40 yards or longer and perfect 11-for-11 on field goals shorter than 40 yards. Had 51 touchbacks on 72 kickoff attempts.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/draft/.amp/scouting-reports/joseborregales

I don’t recall many returns, or issues, my guess is that most of the non-touchbacks were intentional short kicks or after one of our undisciplined unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. 

Borregales is a legit talent. What I’d like to see is a scenario where they bring him for the PS, so that he can get reps working with Way and the Cheeseman (could we call that combo “Curds and Way”?). 

To me, bringing in right off the street and cutting Hopkins loose with no chance to get Borregales up to speed with us — that’s a risky play. But if we had him in the building, and gave him a chance to get acclimated to our personnel, maybe he’d prove he’s worthy of supplanting Hopkins. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

He was neither drafted nor has he failed?

Why is he available? Never mind, I see why the Bucs have Ryan Succop & they just re-signed him.

Heck, I say bring in Jose for competition against Hopkins bc:

Edited by turtle28

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why is he available? Never mind, I see why the Bucs have Ryan Succop & they just re-signed him.

Heck, I say bring in Jose for competition against Hopkins bc:

Yeah, it was sort of a weird place for him to latch on to as a UDFA. Not sure if it was a money thing or just closer to home and winning team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Yeah, it was sort of a weird place for him to latch on to as a UDFA. Not sure if it was a money thing or just closer to home and winning team

Probably bc it was close to home. It seems a lot of UDFA’s sign close to home if at all possible.

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Borregales is a legit talent. What I’d like to see is a scenario where they bring him for the PS, so that he can get reps working with Way and the Cheeseman (could we call that combo “Curds and Way”?). 

To me, bringing in right off the street and cutting Hopkins loose with no chance to get Borregales up to speed with us — that’s a risky play. But if we had him in the building, and gave him a chance to get acclimated to our personnel, maybe he’d prove he’s worthy of supplanting Hopkins. 

All.Of.This. ^^^^

You don't want to cut Hop and find out that the replacement is worse. We did that once upon a time with David Akers. I can't seem to remember what happened to him. Anyone know?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Wouldn’t he just sign with Tampa’s PS?