Bojack Horseman mafia: Mafia wins!

Malfatron

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Exactly. Read those together.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. He was laughing at the idea that a protector wouldn't have been protecting Sanchez last night and then you asked why Sanchez wasn't targeted for the kill, which traces back to the notion that everyone agrees that a protector would have been on Sanchez last night. 

though I'm not quite sure why he was responding to the idea of a roleblock with the concept of a protector 

24 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I apologize. I thought it was sort of clear, but I understand how it was not.

Town: "Protect sanchez, duh."

Scum: "Don't hit sanchez. Someone is protecting him. Duh."

It would have been rational/reasonable for the protector role to have protected someone else, based on the above. And, in the case of last night, that protector would've been right.

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. He was laughing at the idea that a protector wouldn't have been protecting Sanchez last night and then you asked why Sanchez wasn't targeted for the kill, which traces back to the notion that everyone agrees that a protector would have been on Sanchez last night. 

though I'm not quite sure why he was responding to the idea of a roleblock with the concept of a protector 

Protector was a dumbass. Clearly everyone knew that Orca was the the big fish that needed to be saved. 

• Like 1

Well, I guess I might as well reveal everything now.

I have a "sacrificial protector" town role. (I'm not sure if that's the actual name of it.) I can protect one person per night, but, if that protection is successful, I die instead.

I intentionally did not protect sanchez last night because I assumed scum wouldn't hit him. (Although I was close.) I decided not to protect anyone, as I usually last a bit longer and felt there would be a time later that it would make a significantly bigger impact. (I also didn't know enough about sanchez's ability to conclude that it's super valuable.)

My read on scum not hitting sanchez with a hit was the right read in the end, but I did not expect him to throw my name out there today.

There's still no reason for town to keep me alive today, but I'd rather post this stuff now before I'm killed and can't articulate my reasoning.