Bojack Horseman mafia: Mafia wins!

Malfatron

Just now, squire12 said:

Your role is similar to what Jason had last game.  His was at lynch it would prevent any kills that night.  Yours is a direct trade of your life for the player you are targeting.

Not protecting sanchez on n2 after the d2 results is problematic.  That is effectively your job as town to take the hit for a player that has an investigation type role

Exactly right. And I think he knows that. 

Just now, squire12 said:

Your role is similar to what Jason had last game.  His was at lynch it would prevent any kills that night.  Yours is a direct trade of your life for the player you are targeting.

Not protecting sanchez on n2 after the d2 results is problematic.  That is effectively your job as town to take the hit for a player that has an investigation type role

I disagree, but at the risk of sounding argumentative.

jason would've saved everyone else that night if he was the vote. I can only save one person, one time. I didn't think sanchez would be hit N2 (I was right), and I thought the ability would've been better spent later in the game.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Me, as a new player, making up something to survive only risks catching me in a lie right now. At this point, a lie told by the #1 target is a quick death.

I can recommend you a book on forensic writing analysis so you can read people to weave lies more effectively if you like.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

lol, isnt that what is happening with your lie about being the protector? 😁

If you are a protector, my b. But I think you are BS'ing.

You flatter me. I see endgame a lot because I'm new. I know very little about mafia, even now.

I felt that my "give my life for someone else" would've been better used later in the game. *shrug*

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In addition: for the love of all that is good, can someone put themselves in my shoes and say that they would've traded their lives for Pickle N1 or Orca N2? I mean, really? What information was out there to suggest that it would've been a better decision now over waiting for later in the game?

It's not about who actually died, but who should be protected based on the game/ claims/ results to that point in the game.  No one would expect you claimed role to protect orca on n2.  But sanchez, that was your roles designed target based on the game play to that point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I can recommend you a book on forensic writing analysis so you can read people to weave lies more effectively if you like.

I'm a casual player with a full-time job, a writing hobby, other miscellaneous hobbies and a wife and four kids. I was able to lie effectively last game, which led to me saving MWil once (and almost saving Forge), but I'm definitely not a great Mafia player. I'm good with it.

Just now, squire12 said:

It's not about who actually died, but who should be protected based on the game/ claims/ results to that point in the game.  No one would expect you claimed role to protect orca on n2.  But sanchez, that was your roles designed target based on the game play to that point.

And I concluded that sanchez wouldn't have been targeted. In addition, Dome (sort of) stated that sanchez's ability isn't all that strong.

I made the decision to try and hold the ability for a later target that had an ability that I could be sure was powerful.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

would protection by TL have stopped a roleblock on sanchez? (actual question)

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Exactly right. And I think he knows that. 

But he railed on Jason for not using that role to save a possible town player in sanchez who had caught scum on n1.  How TL could:

1.  understand his role in this game

2.  Rail on Jason for how Jason used his role last game

3.  Not protect sanchez on n2 and protect himself ....which wouldn't work anyway

Mind-boggling 

9 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I disagree, but at the risk of sounding argumentative.

jason would've saved everyone else that night if he was the vote. I can only save one person, one time. I didn't think sanchez would be hit N2 (I was right), and I thought the ability would've been better spent later in the game.

As a bodyguard, your role/ job is to protect someone and take the hit so that player can get more results and info.

How many lives saved is irrelevant 

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

But he railed on Jason for not using that role to save a possible town player in sanchez who had caught scum on n1.  How TL could:

1.  understand his role in this game

2.  Rail on Jason for how Jason used his role last game

3.  Not protect sanchez on n2 and protect himself ....which wouldn't work anyway

Mind-boggling 

Its not mind boggling, it was a lie