Week 8 GDT: @ Philadelphia Eagles - Where blowouts happen

Forge

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Witherspoon has looked like he's been staying with his guy very well. I like that. 

He's a very solid cover corner in man coverage. He has just struggled a bit in zone but that's because he didn't do much of it in college. Going to be a good one.

Three possessions and still no Robinson. Has he been benched?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's a very solid cover corner in man coverage. He has just struggled a bit in zone but that's because he didn't do much of it in college. Going to be a good one.

He's also not stout against the run. Not bad...but he could be a lot better. Still, I'm pretty happy with his progression thus far, and honestly, I don't care a whole ton about corners against the run. I mean, it's nice to have one that will get in there and get dirty and make a play, but I largely consider that a bonus more than anything. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maybe he's still banged up? I'd prefer he and Witherspoon, but at least Witherspoon is getting important playing time - and playing well, too. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's also not stout against the run. Not bad...but he could be a lot better. Still, I'm pretty happy with his progression thus far, and honestly, I don't care a whole ton about corners against the run. I mean, it's nice to have one that will get in there and get dirty and make a play, but I largely consider that a bonus more than anything. 

Same - if linebackers/safeties can tackle, CBs just need to guide a player out of bounds if the play gets near them as far as I'm concerned. They can't be awful - but being weak is not something I'm overly concerned about. 

What a stupid 3rd down play...I hate that we focus on the pitch so much. It is awful each and every time. And Gilliam down - which means...Zane Beadles. 

This is why I have issues with how Shanny has been running the offense so far....so weird. I liked the play on second down, though I think that going to Hyde is a curious decision as I think that there are players better equipped for that....and then wth is that third down call? I mean...happy that they wanted to run it...but again, not Hyde's strength, and just such a weird call on third and a long 5. 

Archived