CFB Week 1 Game Thread

ramssuperbowl99

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah the Raiders have drafted a CB early 3 times in recent draft history and they've all been terrible. 

In the old days when people ran power I they were insanely more valuable but now with 4 WRs on the field a lot of the time, one guy covers 25% of the available WRs. Plus their job is really determined on how well people can get to the QB. If the line can't get the QB, it's so much harder. I dunno, there's other reasons too lol.

Don't sleep on Arnette just yet. I went from hating seeing that dude on the field as a junior to absolutely loving him as a senior. He can still turn it around if he can stay healthy. He has a good preseason from what I saw as well

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

College sports really shouldn't have rankings until like 25% of the season has passed.

It's still hard because you have some major programs beating up on absolute trash cans and other major programs playing each other. I think if they did that most programs would just schedule super weak teams to start the first month of the season.

3 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

imagine this

its the handshake meme with 4 hands and each hand is labeled 2017,18,20,21 ed orgeron and the handshake is labeled getting exposed without joe burrow and joe brady

It's like Gene Chizik and Cam Newton tbh.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's still hard because you have some major programs beating up on absolute trash cans and other major programs playing each other. I think if they did that most programs would just schedule super weak teams to start the first month of the season.

I'm just saying, rankings this early are dumb. Paul Chryst got a top 10 win for beating a Michigan State team that eventually finished 3-9 FFS.

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

In the old days when people ran power I they were insanely more valuable but now with 4 WRs on the field a lot of the time, one guy covers 25% of the available WRs. Plus their job is really determined on how well people can get to the QB. If the line can't get the QB, it's so much harder. I dunno, there's other reasons too lol.

Don't sleep on Arnette just yet. I went from hating seeing that dude on the field as a junior to absolutely loving him as a senior. He can still turn it around if he can stay healthy. He has a good preseason from what I saw as well

Agreed, scheme and pass rush play such a critical role in how well a CB plays. You can be the greatest CB ever but get burnt if your DL can't generate consistent pressure. 

Things aren't looking great for Arnette, I believe he had 2-3 concussions last season and led the league in missed tackles despite missing 6-7 games. I hope he can be a player for us but based on last season it's hard to have any confidence in him, he genuinely looked lost out there most of the time. And in a recent interview he said he doesn't even remember playing last season, likely due to the concussions. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

There's not a player on earth that could carry RJ Barrett anywhere. Giannis wouldn't have even gotten the ball. 

Remember when you wouldn't take my bets that the Nets would sweep the Bucks and the Jazz would go further? Good thing, because you wouldn't be posting here anymore. Smart call.

I'll sack up and make that bet myself. If Duke wins the Natty this year, I'll never post here again.