So, uh, the Bears Trade for Dontrelle Inman

IronMike84

Where I get a bit confused is how we are going to deploy these WRs... Wright is at his best in the slot, but Inman ran something like 61% of his route from the slot.

So are you putting Gentry and Inman on the outside, with Wright inside?

Are you going 20 personnel? Are you going 12 personnel, with Inman and Wright outside?

Just bizarre... curious to see how this unfolds.

46 minutes ago, G08 said:

Where I get a bit confused is how we are going to deploy these WRs... Wright is at his best in the slot, but Inman ran something like 61% of his route from the slot.

Are you going 20 personnel? Are you going 12 personnel, with Inman and Wright outside?

I believe they expect him to play on the outside, perhaps he played slot because of the beasts they had on the outside?

3 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I believe they expect him to play on the outside, perhaps he played slot because of the beasts they had on the outside?

I would have to think/hope so... we can run outsize zone to the strong side of the formation if we're running 11 personnel.

Good move by pace.  agree with what has been said.  Glad we didn't get a guy who has a crazy girlfriend and a bad attitude.  Glad a guy like Inman who was buried on the depth chart and didn't complain on social media is getting a chance. 

In thinking about the 2018 WR corp.  You have two big guys in Inman and Meridith to play on the outside.  Wright can be one of those little guys.  Do you now focus on guys like Jarvis Landry or a Christian Kirk to round out the WRs?

6 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Good move by pace.  agree with what has been said.  Glad we didn't get a guy who has a crazy girlfriend and a bad attitude.  Glad a guy like Inman who was buried on the depth chart and didn't complain on social media is getting a chance. 

In thinking about the 2018 WR corp.  You have two big guys in Inman and Meridith to play on the outside.  Wright can be one of those little guys.  Do you now focus on guys like Jarvis Landry or a Christian Kirk to round out the WRs?

If there is a big time WR available in the draft we have to get it. Right now we have a bunch of "OK" guys but nobody that the opposing defense has to game plan for.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Just line them all up tight to the line and stack release them. Then they can all play slot!

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

I think it is very telling that Loggains said we needed someone to help develop some of the younger guys on the roster...

In terms of next season we need to add two starting talents at WR...Cam & White coming off injury and Inman gives you a bunch of #2 & #3 but we need a knock out talent...i hate the idea of a 1st round WR but James Washington looks pretty good.

The thing for me when it comes to a 1st round receiver is.. where in the 1st are we selecting? If it's top ten then I am firmly against a WR. If it's 10-15 I am meh on it. Anything after 15 is whatever to me. How many WRs  are considered 1st round talents this year?

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it is very telling that Loggains said we needed someone to help develop some of the younger guys on the roster...

In terms of next season we need to add two starting talents at WR...Cam & White coming off injury and Inman gives you a bunch of #2 & #3 but we need a knock out talent...i hate the idea of a 1st round WR but James Washington looks pretty good.

he looks good and the bears are picking 12th right now that is a good range to get a WR

Wonder what the conditions are, obviously best case scenario we're giving up a 7th, but if he's good enough to hit performance incentives than it's still a bargain. Smart play here, if he's good he's cheap, if he's bad he's very cheap/free.

Watched his highlights and I think he'd be fine playing outside, he's pretty big and has good hands. Who knows, maybe next here he's back in the slot but I really feel like his positioning in SD (wait... LA? LV?) had more to do with superior talents outside than his own best fit. 

Any chance he plays Sunday? Maybe I'll have to pick something different than one of my 11 Gentry Jerseys. They'll still be good to show people I'm upper crust in case he doesn't work out, right?

Decent addition, but I believe that we can make a playoff run and then have a punchers chance thos year with a legit #1

I understand that #1s do not grow on trees and that it is very difficult to shake one loose from another franchise  ...but I really believe in this D (Fangio), our run-game and Mitch's potential progression come playoff time... and that we should dig deep and make it happen NOW ..at least find an outside burner or some very good variance to what we already have..

Like the Inman add. Getting him now has us with a foot in the door to keeping him for 2018 which would be a good move. He’s a professional ideally #3 with #2 upside WR with size and who’s made some big plays. He, a healthy Meredith and young potential #1 like Calvin Ridley around pick 13 or so sounds amazing to me with future Shaheen and our backs. That sets Mitch up for success with a young and talented offensive core which importantly would have no huge contracts at the skill positions for at least a few years which lets us keep a lot of this young budding defense together too. 

Archived