So, uh, the Bears Trade for Dontrelle Inman

IronMike84

Dontrelle Inman was high on my realistic targets list.

The trade is almost no risk for the Bears. A 7th round pick can be recouped without issue and the next 9 games become more important for Trubisky because the WRs are not terrible.

Inman has really good size [6'3" 205lbs], had good speed [4.47 Pro Day] and has been productive when starting.

2016: 16 starts, 58 catches, 810 yards, 4 TDs, with catches of 57, 57, 52, 52, 37, 35, 35
2015: 7 starts, 35 catches, 486 yards, 3 TDs, catches of 68 and 31

Inman has also been a key special teams player for the Chargers and we could see the end of Bellamy soon. Imagine a bigger version of Josh Bellamy who does not suck as a WR.

This is a great move for the Bears. It is probably the most realistic upgrade they could make in season and gives the Bears a steady and professional WR and allows everyone in the WR core to move back a rung.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Dontrelle Inman was high on my realistic targets list.

I figured then Chargers would be the team to move a receiver of a team wanted one. They have like five receivers who nobody can tell apart.

It’s like the movie Multiplicity, and all of their receivers are just bad clones of Keenan Allen.

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

How dare you call Gentry a joke!  I challenge you to a duel, sir. 

Thats my line, I say that at work all the time. 

The trade,  its a low risk high reward deal.  Awesome if it works, if not, 7th round picks don't really make an impact, so we don't lose much.  

26 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Which makes it even more baffling that Wright only got 8 snaps this past week.

The Bears did a lot of hurry up on 3rd down and they were in "heavy" packages. I think that's what kept Wright off the field (that and us only having something like 37 offensive snaps).

1 hour ago, G08 said:

The Bears did a lot of hurry up on 3rd down and they were in "heavy" packages. I think that's what kept Wright off the field (that and us only having something like 37 offensive snaps).

I really hope they start spreading it out a little more now that they have a couple actual NFL WRs.

I really think running out of shotgun, with 3 WRs on the field and allowing Trubisky a run throw option is the best use of his ability right now.

But Inman alone is big. At UNC Trubisky had big dudes on the outside and little guys in the middle. If Inman can make him a little more comfortable throwing outside it would be a big step.

Archived