Week1 GDT:Cardinals(0-0)at Titans(0-0)

Titans fan 617

20 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Just hated seeing Jenkins on the ground almost every time Hopkins was targeted

And when I say Butler wouldn't have done better, I think Hopkins would have still went off on us, maybe he would have stayed up, but I think he would have gotten beat still for big plays. 

I did wonder why we didn't adjust similar to Chandler Jones. Jenkins was getting abused. We should have adjusted.

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

You won't find a Titan fan more optimistic than me.  There were moments where we could have easily turned the game. The moment that comes to mind is where we had scored and down by 11 I think. If we stop them  our offense looked to have found it's groove and we could have cut it to 3 or 4. 

But Kyler throws the rainbow TD to Kirk beating Molden. 

Yesterday to me was more than just one game. It was a continuing trend of Titans not answering the call when the city is behind them. We haven't answered the bell since the McNair era.  
I can't think of any game since we became a competitive team where we were the favorites or in a big game and we met the challenge at home. 
Obviously the Patriots and Ravens playoff games were nice but we were underdogs.

These Titans need to get it together fast and I'm not sure how they will. Like I said yesterday we will be a good team and likely make the playoffs but I have no expectation of them being a top team. 

They looked so bad on offense, I was cringing when they had the ball and looked to pass. Defensively, I thought they were better than last year, but oddly statistically they were almost worst. 

Eh. One game yeah. 

But after one game they stink. 

the last big home win was vs Pitt in the 13-3 year

then we rest starters vs Indy week 17 and lose at home vs Balt

that was 12 years ago

here's the deal. among other things, this team needs a true franchise QB. A guy that transcends...better yet a guy who DEFINES a system.

and yes, I'm well aware that franchise QBs don't grow on trees. Doesn't make the point any less true. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

that was 12 years ago

here's the deal. among other things, this team needs a true franchise QB. A guy that transcends...better yet a guy who DEFINES a system.

and yes, I'm well aware that franchise QBs don't grow on trees. Doesn't make the point any less true. 

Point blank that is how you win in this league now.  
Not with defense, not with a running game or even elite WRs.

Your QB has to be "The Man." 
Tanny is "a man." just not "The Man."

Without a franchise QB, a good scheme, coaching and team ball could get you in it and on the right year maybe win it. 

I don't like our chances of doing so for another 3-4 years at least. When Tanny's deal is up and we have to retool our offense to not be about Henry. 

I'll just enjoy the ride but honestly, I'm not emotionally invested like I have been in the past. Isn't worth the stress.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

that was 12 years ago

Depends what your definition of big is

To compare clinching the top seed in the AFC to a week 1 loss to an NFC opponent isnt really comparable

Beating the Jags week 17 to clinch a WC spot a few years ago was pretty big, Jags didnt rest starters and were minutes away from a SB berth 

Beating KC in Nashville a few years ago was pretty big for that team to believe in themselves and did give them confidence 

i really do believe tannehill could be our guy if we actually gave him the chance. we set him up to fail at every opportunity yesterday. he's never gonna be a mahomes type but i really think that he could control games if we actually decided to lead with the passing game. it's become clear that our coaches will never give him that opportunity, though.

Edited by -Hope-

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Depends what your definition of big is

To compare clinching the top seed in the AFC to a week 1 loss to an NFC opponent isnt really comparable

Beating the Jags week 17 to clinch a WC spot a few years ago was pretty big, Jags didnt rest starters and were minutes away from a SB berth 

Beating KC in Nashville a few years ago was pretty big for that team to believe in themselves and did give them confidence 

The Jags Week 17 was a somewhat big one. Good example. I forgot about that one.

That KC game wasn't built up as a big one tho. 

This was bad because of the off-season hype.  We know how the Browns felt that year. lol
We were supposed to so much better than we showed. That is the biggest thing. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Point blank that is how you win in this league now.  
Not with defense, not with a running game or even elite WRs.

Your QB has to be "The Man." 
Tanny is "a man." just not "The Man."

Without a franchise QB, a good scheme, coaching and team ball could get you in it and on the right year maybe win it. 

I don't like our chances of doing so for another 3-4 years at least. When Tanny's deal is up and we have to retool our offense to not be about Henry. 

I'll just enjoy the ride but honestly, I'm not emotionally invested like I have been in the past. Isn't worth the stress.

How much of yesterday is really on Tannehill?

The guy got his @ss kicked yesterday and im not sure how much of it was his fault

Guys have broken through and won championships by not being the man but by having good coaches and players around them

Flacco and Foles were far from élite guys but were hot at the right time to get them tot he top

Wilson has only 1 win in 2 SB appearances

Rodgers has only 1 SB appearance

In the Titans case the coaches on this team are more to blame for yesterday and are what could hold this team back more than i blame Tannehill

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Jags Week 17 was a somewhat big one. Good example. I forgot about that one.

That KC game wasn't built up as a big one tho. 

This was bad because of the off-season hype.  We know how the Browns felt that year. lol
We were supposed to so much better than we showed. That is the biggest thing. 

As far of yesterday goes i just think the coaches were a big reason for yesterdays loss

The gameplan was flat out horrible

No adjustments

The personnel we chose to go with in certain spots needs to be questioned, from sitting most of the rookies, not having a suitable kicker ready to go when Ficken went down, putting Byard in 1v1 coverage on Kirk and much more

But almost as equally bad was the O-Line

I cant blame the O-line coach for that performance yesterday

That group of guys just need to look themselves in the mirror and come out and be better 

My intent here is not to pile on Tannehill. He was set up to fail yesterday. 

But ask yourselves this question - when has he ever transcended shortcomings around him? A game in which the OL was bad or in which Henry was totally taken out of the game?

He may has had fleeting moments. But moments. Not games.

He's a great distributor of the football. A point guard. Can make any throw with a clean pocket. But has he ever once made a special play with his arm HIMSELF a la Murray's throw to Moore or Mahomes' bomb to Hill yesterday?

I know it's not fair to compare him to those two guys. But the point remains. He's limited. A very good QB. But to win a super bowl...I think you need a guy that can flirt with an MVP award.

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

But ask yourselves this question - when has he ever transcended shortcomings around him? A game in which the OL was bad or in which Henry was totally taken out of the game?

He's a great distributor of the football. A point guard. Can make any throw with a clean pocket. But has he ever once made a special play with his arm HIMSELF a la Murray's throw to Moore or Mahomes' bomb to Hill yesterday?

I know it's not fair to compare him to those two guys. But the point remains. He's limited. A very good QB. But to win a super bowl...I think you need a guy that can flirt with an MVP award.

This is where I am. I will feel better about him later in the year when he has good games. But overall, I'm just at an "Ok, whatever" level right now. 
Coaches or Tanny, between the two of them it just seems like we aren't gonna really excel past what we've seen. 

We will have to catch teams at the right time and have breaks to get to the AFC championship again. Just feels like it will be rare we just outright beat someone that is a good team. 

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

How many guys could over come a bad O-Line though?

You would have to have Kyler Murray speed to have a chance to do that

My problem with the Titans offense when Henry is taken out of a game is the coaches have not known how to adjust for that since Henry has been the guy and i will continue to pin that on coaching and scheme more times than not than on Tannehill

Again when you are going to playa great D-Line that is prepared to shut Henry down, you cant continue to run only on first down

You cant continue to run the same offense where you are expecting Tannehill sit back there and get his butt kicked because the plays are taking too long to develop and is forcing him to hold the ball longer when he just doesnt have time

The Titans continue to approach games thinking they are just going to do what they do and feel like they dont have to adjust which is scary

Titans needed to come out and go empty and attempt to go with a quick passing game and go hurry up sooner and attempt to wear down Watt and Jones sooner

Another problem with yesterdays personnel is the Titans wernt even prepared to play the way im suggesting they play

Rodgers was 1 guy who would of helped, but having McMath active over a guy like Batson who the Titans could have used in the short passing game and could have used his YAC speed to contribute especially since Firk wasnt being used as much as well

I just feel like yesterday was not on Tannehill and hes still capable of making big time throws to help us get where we want to go

Even the TD throw to Brown was a tremendous throw, go look at the window he fit that in to get that TD

Julio wasnt ready for a ball and Swaim dropped a ball before Tannehill ultimately ran 1 in

Yesterday was more about coaching and the players around Tannehill than it was about Tannehill

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This is where I am. I will feel better about him later in the year when he has good games. But overall, I'm just at an "Ok, whatever" level right now. 
Coaches or Tanny, between the two of them it just seems like we aren't gonna really excel past what we've seen. 

We will have to catch teams at the right time and have breaks to get to the AFC championship again. Just feels like it will be rare we just outright beat someone that is a good team. 

If our O-Line doesnt block there is no Super Bowl

If our defense cant get sacks we arent going to the SB

If the coaches are only going to continue to run Henry to set up the pass we arent going to a SB

Its week 1, AFC Championship is way way way down the road

Its the NFL, its week to week

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

How many guys could over come a bad O-Line though?

You would have to have Kyler Murray speed to have a chance to do that

My problem with the Titans offense when Henry is taken out of a game is the coaches have not known how to adjust for that since Henry has been the guy and i will continue to pin that on coaching and scheme more times than not than on Tannehill

Again when you are going to playa great D-Line that is prepared to shut Henry down, you cant continue to run only on first down

You cant continue to run the same offense where you are expecting Tannehill sit back there and get his butt kicked because the plays are taking too long to develop and is forcing him to hold the ball longer when he just doesnt have time

The Titans continue to approach games thinking they are just going to do what they do and feel like they dont have to adjust which is scary

Titans needed to come out and go empty and attempt to go with a quick passing game and go hurry up sooner and attempt to wear down Watt and Jones sooner

Another problem with yesterdays personnel is the Titans wernt even prepared to play the way im suggesting they play

Rodgers was 1 guy who would of helped, but having McMath active over a guy like Batson who the Titans could have used in the short passing game and could have used his YAC speed to contribute especially since Firk wasnt being used as much as well

I just feel like yesterday was not on Tannehill and hes still capable of making big time throws to help us get where we want to go

Even the TD throw to Brown was a tremendous throw, go look at the window he fit that in to get that TD

Julio wasnt ready for a ball and Swaim dropped a ball before Tannehill ultimately ran 1 in

Yesterday was more about coaching and the players around Tannehill than it was about Tannehill

the point is..

damn near everything else has to be going right for RT to be as effective as he can be

try winning a SB with damn near everything going right all the time

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

If our O-Line doesnt block there is no Super Bowl

If our defense cant get sacks we arent going to the SB

If the coaches are only going to continue to run Henry to set up the pass we arent going to a SB

Its week 1, AFC Championship is way way way down the road

Its the NFL, its week to week

Yeah it's week 1. Anything can happen. I'm a big believer in that.

I also recognize when I've seen the same movie before or recognize the odds. 

Tampa Bay looked nothing like a Super Bowl team half way through the year, so a lot changes. 

It's just hard to believe in this team to be more than just a playoff team that wins maybe one or two games.

• Like 1

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

the point is..

damn near everything else has to be going right for RT to be as effective as he can be

try winning a SB with damn near everything going right all the time

Thats the case for anyone though

Mannings 2 SB wins he road the coat tails of his defense and kicker

Eli's 2 SB's he had a great defense and incredible catches from his WRs

Brady has a SB win from a stupid call from Carrol that Butler was able to make one of the greatest plays in SB history

Brees only SB win was sparked by a surprise onside kick 

As great as Mahomes is, much more mobile than Tannehill is, ran for his life last February and got smoked in the SB

Yes things have to go right for just about anyone to win

Its up to the coaches and players to fix it 

Yesterdays loss is making some of you question the GM the Coach and the QB which all arent going to happen mid season and be fixed mid season

This is who the group is

They have to figure it out now with this group

The drafts in April, the new shiny franchise QB that your hoping for isnt walking through that door right now

There is too much talent on this team

Yesterdays loss sucks but this team is capable of bouncing back, they have done it time and time again more times than not