Week1 GDT:Cardinals(0-0)at Titans(0-0)

Titans fan 617

Ryan Tannehill has been good when we have been able to protect him. No QB will ever be able to lead a pass-first offense with an OL playing like it was yesterday, or even how they played last year for that matter. Our pass-blocking looks way better than it was last year due to us relying on play-action in the passing game. Anytime we were in obvious passing situations Tannehill was under pressure.

Patrick Mahommes looked pedestrian in the Super Bowl when his OL played like garbage. No QB can do it with everything going wrong around him.

Biggest let down was the OL. It's supposed to be a strength of ours and they were abused. We will struggle on offense all season if that continues regardless of play-calling.

Fix that and get a kicker who can make something at all and we'll be a lot closer to where we want to be. No point in worrying about the defense if we have no OL.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Lack of PA was one of the biggest criticisms I saw when I looked back at Raiders stories.

yeah, but i didn’t think it was possible to be brain dead enough to have that issue with THIS team, especially after being here last year and seeing how it all worked. unreal.

Safety Budda Baker, on the play of the defense: “With that team, once you get a lead on them you have to force them to throw. They can’t do their play-action. They can’t run the ball the way they want to, and then try to use those same running formation to throw the ball. You just couldn’t do it. You just couldn’t do it today. Our D-line did a heck of a job.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Safety Budda Baker, on the play of the defense: “With that team, once you get a lead on them you have to force them to throw. They can’t do their play-action. They can’t run the ball the way they want to, and then try to use those same running formation to throw the ball. You just couldn’t do it. You just couldn’t do it today. Our D-line did a heck of a job.”

The offense has been figured out. Adjust or die. It’s honestly that simple. It will still work against bad teams and weak fronts, but against good defenses, the formula is out. Same old **** isn’t going to get it done.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The offense has been figured out. Adjust or die. It’s honestly that simple. It will still work against bad teams and weak fronts, but against good defenses, the formula is out. Same old **** isn’t going to get it done.

i just.....this is not rocket science. i can't get over how stupid and obvious this is to everyone but the people whose job it is.

Everyone talks about McVay and Shanahan. Like that is what we base our offense around. But it’s not. Not really. Watch a 49ers or Rams game and then watch our offense (admittedly, this is dating back to Arthur), that’s not us. That’s light years beyond us, we just happen to have more talented personnel. We want to be the Browns (maybe the Browns wanted to be us? I guess our formula pre-dates Browns success). It’s really that simple. Similar investments to the offensive line (though they’ve obviously been much better at it). Similar strength at RB. Similar fear of putting the ball in the QBs hands. That’s our actual model.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I think I’d rather have the Raiders result lol.

Well now that the Ravens have gifted them the ball back, sure.

Losing after having first and goal at the 1 inch line in OT off a interception that went through your receiver's hands, I'll take just getting beat. Losing close games always sucks worse for me lol.