Week1 GDT:Cardinals(0-0)at Titans(0-0)

Titans fan 617

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah it's week 1. Anything can happen. I'm a big believer in that.

I also recognize when I've seen the same movie before or recognize the odds. 

Tampa Bay looked nothing like a Super Bowl team half way through the year, so a lot changes. 

It's just hard to believe in this team to be more than just a playoff team that wins maybe one or two games.

yea that's what made yesterday "hurt" so much. or at least be so telling.

I think this may be the beginning of the end of whatever we want to define this era of titans football is. Again...6-7 in our last 13 games. With Ryan. With Derrick. With AJ. With this OL.

This team/roster/staff hasn't evolved from what it considers its bread and butter. Big OL, run the ball, play action. Well...6-7 in our last 13.

We're treading water. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah it's week 1. Anything can happen. I'm a big believer in that.

I also recognize when I've seen the same movie before or recognize the odds. 

Tampa Bay looked nothing like a Super Bowl team half way through the year, so a lot changes. 

It's just hard to believe in this team to be more than just a playoff team that wins maybe one or two games.

Believe me im mad im ticked off im frustrated im disappointed

But it is the NFL

Arizona is a real good team

Its just 1 game

This honestly reminds me of 11 when we lost to the Jags to open the season, and then the Ravens had just smoked Pit bad and the fans around here were like "great Baltimore did that to Pit what are they going to do to us"

Titans came out and blew the doors off the Ravens, Kenny Britt had a monster game and everyone forgot about week 1 because the Titans won a few in a row after that

If you want a Vrabel comparison, his first year we had about as bad of an opening day as you could of had in Miami from all the lightning delays, Mariota and Lewan were knocked out for a few weeks and Delanie snapped his ankle and never ultimately recovered 

Titans were very short handed week 2 vs Houston and pulled it out with Gabbert, Taywan Taylor and some trickery, and then went into Jacksonville short handed again and played a Jags team who just smoked Brady and the Pats and found a way to beat them too, then won a thriller in OT vs Phi

My point is with Vrabel you just never can doubt him

Yes he may never get us to a SB because of his stubbornness and too nice to his buddies as coaches but there are just stretches in the season he finds a way to get it back on track for a little while then we'll lose to a good team and we'll want to fire him again lol  

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

yea that's what made yesterday "hurt" so much. or at least be so telling.

I think this may be the beginning of the end of whatever we want to define this era of titans football is. Again...6-7 in our last 13 games. With Ryan. With Derrick. With AJ. With this OL.

This team/roster/staff hasn't evolved from what it considers its bread and butter. Big OL, run the ball, play action. Well...6-7 in our last 13.

We're treading water. 

As i said its a real good stat you have shown us here

But we have to recognize, we were able to still win the South with Lewan and Sambrailo going down. We lost Clowney Jayon and Adoree for most of the season last year

Corey Davis was almost 1000 yard receiver but was a no show weeks 16 and 18

So yes the stat isnt good but there are many reasons why the numbers do look the way they do 

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

As i said its a real good stat you have shown us here

But we have to recognize, we were able to still win the South with Lewan and Sambrailo going down. We lost Clowney Jayon and Adoree for most of the season last year

Corey Davis was almost 1000 yard receiver but was a no show weeks 16 and 18

So yes the stat isnt good but there are many reasons why the numbers do look the way they do 

we were barely able to win the south w/o Lewan and his backup Sambrailo

skin of our teeth.

this team isn't very good anymore. Hasn't been since Lewan went down Week 5 last year and, even then, we were struggling to beat Denver/Houston/Jax/Minny in the first four games of the season.

Easy and correct to blame the D. But our offense is useless unless Derrick is rolling. And that's a damn shame because we have passing weapons.

10 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

we were barely able to win the south w/o Lewan and his backup Sambrailo

skin of our teeth.

this team isn't very good anymore. Hasn't been since Lewan went down Week 5 last year and, even then, we were struggling to beat Denver/Houston/Jax/Minny in the first four games of the season.

Easy and correct to blame the D. But our offense is useless unless Derrick is rolling. And that's a damn shame because we have passing weapons.

😂 anymore?

We played 1 game

I mean yes the coaching in certain areas is definitely scary

There were times we wanted to run Arthur Smith and Keith Carter out of town but it took time and they figured it out

Yes Julio isnt the same Julio but he still is a damn good reciever

AJ Brown is a stud

Tannehill is still good 

Henry is still a monster

Titans are still working Dupree Autrey Jenkins and Farley into things

It will take a few games

Pats use to go 2-2 a lot and then would take off because Belichick would always say it takes really 4 weeks to truly access your team so Vrabel was around for alot of that 

Our guys just didnt play enough in the preseason to shake off the rust and build the team chemistry

yesterday sucked but we are still a good football team

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

😂 anymore?

We played 1 game

I mean yes the coaching in certain areas is definitely scary

There were times we wanted to run Arthur Smith and Keith Carter out of town but it took time and they figured it out

Yes Julio isnt the same Julio but he still is a damn good reciever

AJ Brown is a stud

Tannehill is still good 

Henry is still a monster

Titans are still working Dupree Autrey Jenkins and Farley into things

It will take a few games

Pats use to go 2-2 a lot and then would take off because Belichick would always say it takes really 4 weeks to truly access your team so Vrabel was around for alot of that 

Our guys just didnt play enough in the preseason to shake off the rust and build the team chemistry

yesterday sucked but we are still a good football team

I know you and I have talked about it a few times now today...but again...we're under 500 in our last 13 games.

That's enough of a sample size to see we're trending DOWN.

I know the sky isn't falling on the season yet. But taking a step back and looking bigger picture...there's been some concerning trends that we continue to fall into. Big one is: when Derrick doesn't have an impact, the entire offense struggles WAY too much. Like...the game is over.

GB game. Balt game. Now AZ game.

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know you and I have talked about it a few times now today...but again...we're under 500 in our last 13 games.

That's enough of a sample size to see we're trending DOWN.

I know the sky isn't falling on the season yet. But taking a step back and looking bigger picture...there's been some concerning trends that we continue to fall into. Big one is: when Derrick doesn't have an impact, the entire offense struggles WAY too much. Like...the game is over.

GB game. Balt game. Now AZ game.

Ok i cant hold GB and Bal against Julio Lewan Autrey Jayon Jackrabbit Farley Reynolds Weaver Rice Downing Rodgers Tart among others

A lot of those guys didnt play in those games and were not the OC in those games

What they were in those games will not be who they are going forward

You can hang your head on last season but im not

RT is a mess and as frustrated as I am with how Vrabel continues to slow play guys, Fulton looks a lot better this year than last and Nate Davis, who didnt have a great game yesterday is still a very good and very under rated Gaurd in this league and they slow played him and look at how well he turned out

Steelers went 11-0 to start last season and had a crappy end to the season and came out and beat Buffalo yesterday so what does that say about them? 

They won a big game but im not a total believer in Big Ben so as good as their defense is i have no idea what the Steelers will be

Buffalo lost a tough game but they still are Super Bowl contenders in my opinion

Just have to turn the page and get ready for Seattle

Even a loss in Seattle doesnt end the season

tiniest silver lining ever, but i thought fulton looked pretty good. that play in coverage he made early on in the end zone was one that literally every other CB has played for us in the past decade would've given up, even the "good" ones like butler.

now to just pointedly ignore the fact that his individual good plays won't matter due to the nightmare of a defensive scheme we're absolutely dead set on running...

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

tiniest silver lining ever, but i thought fulton looked pretty good. that play in coverage he made early on in the end zone was one that literally every other CB has played for us in the past decade would've given up, even the "good" ones like butler.

now to just pointedly ignore the fact that his individual good plays won't matter due to the nightmare of a defensive scheme we're absolutely dead set on running...

Im confident Lewan and the O-Line will get it together

Im confident Tannehill and Julio get it together

I do not have a ton of confidence in Shane Bowen to fix his scheme

Im confident the players are good enough to figure it out

But i am always going to be worried Vrabel will interject himself into the defense a little too much

51 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ok i cant hold GB and Bal against Julio Lewan Autrey Jayon Jackrabbit Farley Reynolds Weaver Rice Downing Rodgers Tart among others

A lot of those guys didnt play in those games and were not the OC in those games

What they were in those games will not be who they are going forward

You can hang your head on last season but im not

RT is a mess and as frustrated as I am with how Vrabel continues to slow play guys, Fulton looks a lot better this year than last and Nate Davis, who didnt have a great game yesterday is still a very good and very under rated Gaurd in this league and they slow played him and look at how well he turned out

Steelers went 11-0 to start last season and had a crappy end to the season and came out and beat Buffalo yesterday so what does that say about them? 

They won a big game but im not a total believer in Big Ben so as good as their defense is i have no idea what the Steelers will be

Buffalo lost a tough game but they still are Super Bowl contenders in my opinion

Just have to turn the page and get ready for Seattle

Even a loss in Seattle doesnt end the season

With all due respect, I think you're missing the big picture. 

Our defense sucks. They'll probably still suck this season. Just not as much as last year.

But this offense is fundamentally broken right now. The script to beat us is out, and good teams are able to do it. That's why the past few good teams we've played -- GB, Baltimore and now Arizona -- have just totally dominated our offense. You sell out against the run. Load those boxes early and often and let us dig ourselves into holes with runs on 1st and 2nd down -- as we're prone to -- and dare us to convert third-and-longs on a consistent basis.

I'm going to hang my hat on last year because, more or less, this is the same offense as last year. The addition of Julio is awesome. Nobody's saying it isn't. And he'll certainly have an important impact as the season progresses. But we're still a slow, laborious offense with play-calling that is catered to getting Derrick the ball early and often. I know Julio is a greater WR than Corey Davis. But how much more straight up production can we expect from Julio versus what we got from Corey last year? And will his presence really elevate Derrick from a 2000 yard rusher to a 2500 yard rusher? It doesn't work like that.

There's no speed. There's no desire to use the pass to set up the run. And it's all behind a decaying offensive line.

We must adapt. Fundamentally reconsider the way we play offense. Because now we have TWO guys who can consistently win one-on-ones on the outside. And neither caught a ball until mid-way thru the second quarter yesterday.

Ask yourself why

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

With all due respect, I think you're missing the big picture. 

Our defense sucks. They'll probably still suck this season. Just not as much as last year.

But this offense is fundamentally broken right now. The script to beat us is out, and good teams are able to do it. That's why the past few good teams we've played -- GB, Baltimore and now Arizona -- have just totally dominated our offense. You sell out against the run. Load those boxes early and often and let us dig ourselves into holes with runs on 1st and 2nd down -- as we're prone to -- and dare us to convert third-and-longs on a consistent basis.

I'm going to hang my hat on last year because, more or less, this is the same offense as last year. The addition of Julio is awesome. Nobody's saying it isn't. And he'll certainly have an important impact as the season progresses. But we're still a slow, laborious offense with play-calling that is catered to getting Derrick the ball early and often. I know Julio is a greater WR than Corey Davis. But how much more straight up production can we expect from Julio versus what we got from Corey last year? And will his presence really elevate Derrick from a 2000 yard rusher to a 2500 yard rusher? It doesn't work like that.

There's no speed. There's no desire to use the pass to set up the run. And it's all behind a decaying offensive line.

We must adapt. Fundamentally reconsider the way we play offense. Because now we have TWO guys who can consistently win one-on-ones on the outside. And neither caught a ball until mid-way thru the second quarter yesterday.

Ask yourself why

it's 2021 and we have our very own, admittedly less stupid but still infuriating version of "we can't get randy moss and kenny britt on the field at the same time"

I just don’t understand why we’d trade for a guy of Julio Jones stature just to run the exact same offense we’ve been running and view him as JAG. Like it really blows my mind. I’m sure we could’ve gotten a guy like Tim Patrick for less if that’s the plan for Julio. And don’t get me started about how AJ Brown stills feels like an afterthought behind Henry offensively.

Even after that game,  I’m not as down on the team as most yet. However us not using the talent we have on offense frustrates me to no end. Seeing Jonnu and Corey Davis have big games for their new teams just adds to it because I felt both were underutilized here.

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I just don’t understand why we’d trade for a guy of Julio Jones stature just to run the exact same offense we’ve been running and view him as JAG. Like it really blows my mind. I’m sure we could’ve gotten a guy like Tim Patrick for less if that’s the plan for Julio. And don’t get me started about how AJ Brown stills feels like an afterthought behind Henry offensively.

Even after that game,  I’m not as down on the team as most yet. However us not using the talent we have on offense frustrates me to no end. Seeing Jonnu and Corey Davis have big games for their new teams just adds to it because I felt both were underutilized here.

Julio dropped like three passes yesterday...

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

the point is..

damn near everything else has to be going right for RT to be as effective as he can be

try winning a SB with damn near everything going right all the time

My only issue with this thought process while you could be 100% correct do we actually know this? Since he has taken over we have never leaned on him to do anything outside of games where we were already down and out. I need to see a coaching staff go into the game with a pass first plan. Use the pass to set up Henry or whoever. I believe it was the New Orleans game his first year here Henry was out. We came out slinging it and he played outstanding if I remembered correctly. 

23 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

My only issue with this thought process while you could be 100% correct do we actually know this? Since he has taken over we have never leaned on him to do anything outside of games where we were already down and out. I need to see a coaching staff go into the game with a pass first plan. Use the pass to set up Henry or whoever. I believe it was the New Orleans game his first year here Henry was out. We came out slinging it and he played outstanding if I remembered correctly. 

I am all for trying that out.

• Like 1