Week 1- Cowboys @ Bucs - Season Opener

ravishingone

12 minutes ago, indifference said:

Godwin will not gross 20 ms a year

Davis is very good and with Bowles at the helm we dont NEED an elite secondary. We held A Rod and Brees in check with this same unit last year in the offs. They obv are capable

Keeping AB at 35 and dropping CG14 will not happen. I can assure you that

AB is 34 next year. Likely you keep both.

23 hours ago, indifference said:

I can see that. I cannot see us dropping Godwin and comitting to AB long term when he’s 34 next year. Long term is at least 5 years minimum. AB playing for us until he’s 40 too?!

Godwin might be longterm but I wouldn't be surprised about tag and another 1 year deal for AB.

45 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Godwin might be longterm but I wouldn't be surprised about tag and another 1 year deal for AB.

I doubt we want to keep allocating the tag and that amount of salary cap tied up again in Godwin I think they'll either work out a long term deal this off-season, or they'll move on. We have TJ, Miller and Darden primed behind him, but can't get them into the fold because of how stacked we are.

I don't see AB taking the 1 year deal if he balls out this year. It's his last chance to make sizeable guaranteed money after missing out on a couple years of prime earning.