Wheel of Time Season 2 (Sept 1 Amazon Prime)

The Gnat

11 minutes ago, Xenos said:

J Peterman No GIF

Yes, it does.

Their problem is they used way too much light way too often.

Check the trailer. When it’s bright, it looks terrible. Those sets look cheesy and bad.

Cast everything a hue or two darker and I could get excited.

Second issue is the actors. They’re not a fit. At all. They look like CW actors.

I am going to acknowledge I know nothing about the series. I’m happy for people who are excited about it and I hope they enjoy it for 10 seasons.

I’m speaking merely as an unbiased person who is aware of how difficult it is to appeal to mass audiences, taking a guess on how it will be received. I could e wrong.

Actors look like CW program actors. Don’t seem all that talented, either. I think I discussed the main cast’s complete lack of acting credits in this thread a while back. I think it is a legitimate point.

Could be wrong, that’s my opinion, hope everyone who wants to like it loves it.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes, it does.

Their problem is they used way too much light way too often.

Check the trailer. When it’s bright, it looks terrible. Those sets look cheesy and bad.

Cast everything a hue or two darker and I could get excited.

Second issue is the actors. They’re not a fit. At all. They look like CW actors.

I am going to acknowledge I know nothing about the series. I’m happy for people who are excited about it and I hope they enjoy it for 10 seasons.

I’m speaking merely as an unbiased person who is aware of how difficult it is to appeal to mass audiences, taking a guess on how it will be received. I could e wrong.

Actors look like CW program actors. Don’t seem all that talented, either. I think I discussed the main cast’s complete lack of acting credits in this thread a while back. I think it is a legitimate point.

Could be wrong, that’s my opinion, hope everyone who wants to like it loves it.

There was a lack of acting credits for the most of the cast of GOT as well. It was intentional in that series just like it is in this one. We’ll see what happens. But I think it looks fine. 

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

There was a lack of acting credits for the most of the cast of GOT as well. It was intentional in that series just like it is in this one. We’ll see what happens. But I think it looks fine. 

Granted. GOT actors looked the part though. These actors look like they belong on Nickelodeon more than in a fantasy setting if you ask me.

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Granted. GOT actors looked the part though. These actors look like they belong on Nickelodeon more than in a fantasy setting if you ask me.

Good thing nobody ask you. Then we would know WOT would suck 😆

Edited by Xenos

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

But in all honesty, this series could easily be a disaster. But right now, opinions like saying they belong on Nickelodeon is kind of bizarre really. The actors look fine and seem to fit with the style of the book. In other words, they looked the part for WOT. We’ll see what happens when the series premiere.

41 minutes ago, Woz said:

There's a part of me that is twitching with excitement for the series to come out already.
There's another part that fears it will be a horrible mistake and thus turn people away from a great series.

I get it. Even though I stopped reading after a certain point. The people involved seemed to have the right motivation and passion. So they got the first part down. Whether that actually comes out correctly is the other hard part.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I get it. Even though I stopped reading after a certain point. The people involved seemed to have the right motivation and passion. So they got the first part down. Whether that actually comes out correctly is the other hard part.

The first three books should be a shoe-in. Just need to convert it faithfully. I noticed they seemed to reveal things that were in the prequel book (which was released before book ten (?) I want to say). Not sure I would have gone that route.