2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

I’ve been on the side of drafting an edge rusher since January. Even ignoring the potential of Dupree being a cap casualty down the line, I’m just a believer in having an elite pass rush. If we can make our strong pass rush even stronger, I’m all for it.

If the draft plays out like I’ve seen in some mocks where the top six WRs and Zion Johnson are gone before we pick, I’m taking an edge rusher over picking an ILB, Tyler Linderbaum(with Jones resigned, what’s the point?), or Tyler Smith. For me, it comes down to an edge rusher or potentially overdrafting a WR like Christian Watson or Skyy Moore.

Edited by TitanSlim

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm 100% convinced we are drafting a QB. Don't know if it's 1st, 3rd or 4th. But yes we are. 

It’s way too much smoke at this point. We’ve been to every pro day and met with/interviewed every top QB.  It’s more than just due diligence imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It’s way too much smoke at this point. We’ve been to every pro day and met with/interviewed every top QB.  It’s more than just due diligence imo.

It truly is.

It is kind of exciting because anytime there is a new QB, there is a sense of excitement and hope. But also scary to think one of those guys are going to be our "guy" for a while and also using a pick on a guy that will no doubt sit.

Then also ugly because the 1st INT Tanny throws, "PUT IN THE ROOKIE!"

I think we should probably just take a stab at whoever we think is the best player at their position while taking into account positional value. 

So an OG is only the pick if you think he's quite a bit better than the more valuable positions.

I'd be fine with a WR, CB, EDGE, TE, OG, OT, C, or even QB if they are the best player. I think that's why we're seeing so much inconsistency in what people want. 

No matter what I don't want a RB, IDL, ILB, or S.

Edited by TitanSS

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep, said it a page or two back. If the OL and WR aren’t there, I wouldn’t be surprised if an edge player was taken. I like a lot and I do think you underate him but that cap hit on top of the past injuries, I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to find a guy a year ahead to get in the program. Karlaftis, Mafe, Ebiketie, or since we love our injured guys, Ojabo. Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

George Karlaftis would be a dream come true for me. He was a draft crush of mine before the season and I thought he had played his way into the top 10, but media seems to have him falling now.

Garrett Wilson would be the real dream, but Karlaftis would be a nice consolidation prize 

17 hours ago, 615finest said:

I mean we do like run blocking lineman who can’t pass block so it makes sense lol

I guess I'm in the minority of people that like Smith a lot as a prospect.  I do question the idea that Radunz is a natural guard though.  Didn't look like it in his limited time on the field.

Still think taking an OL in round 1 is not an efficient use of draft capital (unless say Trevor Penning falls to us), but I wouldn't have Smith.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Meh.  Titans could be putting out the smoke themselves so teams will want to trade up.

I will believe that we draft a QB in round 1 when I see it.

21 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I would be so insanely mad if we draft Tyler Smith. We've been down this roads before lol

Yeah that's an overdraft and he looks horrific in pass blocking.

More polished guys to take in the lower rounds at that spot.