The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Trailer debuts

D82

Thoughts as I watch with spoilers:

• I don't like this so far
  • It's not keeping my attention
  • I'm going to bake some chocolate chip cookies
  • This is way too meta
  • The cookies help but even they can't save this movie
  • Why is NPH's dialogue like he's a person and why does a machine know about renovating a house, pig's in poo, or setting productivity records
  • I do like how one of the kids from the original is in it. She could have been better used though
  • Holy hell, I just realized there's an hour left
  • Taking a 20 minute break to plan a camping trip
  • Watched 5 more minutes now taking a break to look up some game stats
  • Wait, so Trinity's physical body outside the matrix can be turned into the nano bead things? Just bad editing I think
  • Why is not-Smith helping again?
  • Crappy twist there at the end with Trinity flying, saying "bye", and then they're just out of the matrix?
  • I like NPH but he played too much of himself in this with his mannerisms
  • The RATM cover at the end is absolutely terrible

Verdict: I want my time back. I also won't be watching any additional sequels if there are any.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Gold standard of movie reviewers

they make a good point on the fact that its the Anti-Ghostbusters Afterlife. The new Matrix is the opposite of fan service (openly mocking that at times), whereas the new Ghostbusters is all about "remember this/remember that" with sentimentality that the original Ghostbusters never even had.

Ghostbusters Afterlife was actually a good movie and sets up for a legit franchise possibility.

18 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

• The RATM cover at the end is absolutely terrible

Verdict: I want my time back. I also won't be watching any additional sequels if there are any.

I actually like Brass Against, really been listening to them since this movie came out and I heard that song.  Though I am a fan of ska, as a couple friends of mine were in bands back in high school when it was popular.  

41 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I actually like Brass Against, really been listening to them since this movie came out and I heard that song.  Though I am a fan of ska, as a couple friends of mine were in bands back in high school when it was popular.  

I just hated that cover. I quickly listened to a few other covers of Alice in Chains, Tool, and Alanis. They're better but still not great imo. I feel like if they have any original stuff it could be good.

Also, apparently this is the band with the lead singer who peed on that guy on stage a little while back.

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The RATM cover at the end is absolutely terrible

Thats the point though.

a crappy cover that pales in comparison to the original.

This whole movie was a Screw You to everyone because they were going to make it regardless of whether Lana was involved or not. 

They gave (most) fans precisely what they didnt want, and thats what i like about it

The scene where new Agent Smith guy is saying that Warner Brothers is demanding they make a sequel for no reason other than a cash grab, and they might as well do it because if they don't, Warner Brothers will get somebody else to make it.

I haven't seen a self call out like that ever.

What a complete **** show. 

• Like 2