The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Trailer debuts

D82

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Bickering or the movie? Cause the movie definitely sucked.

People can still enjoy movies that are objectively bad films.

Havent seen this new Matrix, and it sounds like a very poorly constructed movie based on what Ive read, but that doesnt mean people cant get enjoyment out if it.   Its really just a matter of how much of the bad stuff you can ignore.

• Like 3

The real concern is Lana (Larry) Wachowski.  Where was Lilly (Andy) Wachowski in this new film?  Does not look like 'she' was credited in this film at all.  Was her absence that big of a deal?  Maybe so.  Does look like they have two different writers in this new one along with 'Lana'.  

Looking at them as a group, they have made some great movies outside of The Matrix.  

Bound - Outstanding film overall, very entertaining, they directed it and wrote it which is impressive.  If they can make a film like that, how can they not have more ideas?

V for Vendetta - outstanding film overall, they did not Direct it but were the Screen writers for it.  Then again was just screen writing based off a story already made by DC comics but still.  Then again it is not a true accomplishment for them because they did not direct it but is a nice thing to have on a resume.  

Then there are these two, personally I think both movies were absolutely awful, Cloud Atlas was very hard to follow and not very entertaining at all, what a waste for Halle Berry much less Tom Hanks, how can you mess it up with those two.  Jupiter Ascending was terrible as well no question about it.  I have never seen Assassins (1995) which was their story, first film but based on the trailer does not look all that great honestly and again they did not have total creative control of it either.

Jupiter Ascending
Cloud Atlas

Then all of these movies of course and my guess is from start to finish only one is really a great film, the rest just play off of what The original Matrix started in terms of wonder and a new idea.  It was so wildly creative and unique, something that never really has been done before.  

The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
The Matrix Resurrections

Maybe it was their only one really great idea and now they are fresh out of them.  Either way this Resurrections film is totally a money grab, because how they do not have a new idea after all this time I have no clue.  I guess would not be the first time someone has one great idea and rides it their entire life, but again how did they make Bound which was a unique story and film.  Maybe their ego took a hit with the failure of Jupiter Ascending and I have no clue how people liked Cloud Atlas...  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

The real concern is Lana (Larry) Wachowski.  Where was Lilly (Andy) Wachowski in this new film?  Does not look like 'she' was credited in this film at all.  Was her absence that big of a deal?  Maybe so.  Does look like they have two different writers in this new one along with 'Lana'.  

Looking at them as a group, they have made some great movies outside of The Matrix.  

Bound - Outstanding film overall, very entertaining, they directed it and wrote it which is impressive.  If they can make a film like that, how can they not have more ideas?

V for Vendetta - outstanding film overall, they did not Direct it but were the Screen writers for it.  Then again was just screen writing based off a story already made by DC comics but still.  Then again it is not a true accomplishment for them because they did not direct it but is a nice thing to have on a resume.  

Then there are these two, personally I think both movies were absolutely awful, Cloud Atlas was very hard to follow and not very entertaining at all, what a waste for Halle Berry much less Tom Hanks, how can you mess it up with those two.  Jupiter Ascending was terrible as well no question about it.  I have never seen Assassins (1995) which was their story, first film but based on the trailer does not look all that great honestly and again they did not have total creative control of it either.

Jupiter Ascending
Cloud Atlas

Then all of these movies of course and my guess is from start to finish only one is really a great film, the rest just play off of what The original Matrix started in terms of wonder and a new idea.  It was so wildly creative and unique, something that never really has been done before.  

The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
The Matrix Resurrections

Maybe it was their only one really great idea and now they are fresh out of them.  Either way this Resurrections film is totally a money grab, because how they do not have a new idea after all this time I have no clue.  I guess would not be the first time someone has one great idea and rides it their entire life, but again how did they make Bound which was a unique story and film.  Maybe their ego took a hit with the failure of Jupiter Ascending and I have no clue how people liked Cloud Atlas...  

Lilly said she didn’t want to be part of the film because it would remind her of her past that she didn’t want to revisit.  Or something like that

9 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Lilly said she didn’t want to be part of the film because it would remind her of her past that she didn’t want to revisit.  Or something like that

The Matrix Resurrections should have took her lead and not revisited the past as well.

Still odd they can make one of the most creative films in movie history and then have absolutely nothing else in terms of a good idea.  The first Matrix was super cool and unique, clearly they have totally lost that and not sure why they thought making another one would bring any of that back.  Again is probably a cash grab but who knows maybe they will do spinoffs with different characters in the Matrix just like Disney is doing with Star Wars.  

I thought it was common knowledge that the Wachowski Siblings literally stole The Matrix had a court battle over that, settled out of court and then had no clue whatsoever what to do in a sequel.

So questions of where the other sibling was are pretty obvious to answer. Far the heck away from this movie.

This movie was ill-conceived from the start, should not have been made, is not good, will not appreciate, and will put the final nail in the coffin of what could have been an all-time great single film movie ruined by the pursuit of more money.

• Like 2

Also, Ozzy, although I agree with you on this franchise, I just want to point out... Seeing a lot of movies doesn't make you smart about a lot of movies, it just means you've seen a lot of movies. Try not to use the number of movies you've seen in order to validate your claim. Always remember there will be movies you love that are terrible. That's a fact and will always be a fact. There will also be movies you hate that are incredible. That will also always be a fact. If you feel someone else is wrong about a movie and you are right about a movie, wait. There is no movie where the test of time won't solve its validity and quality. Take Last Action Hero. Take Avatar. One was way low, one was way high. Better yet, take The Last Jedi. People were up in arms defending that movie, people were up in arms bashing it. I defended it for a long time, and now I'm coming down from that over time. Rise of Skywalker had an effect on that. I loved it at first and it was possibly one of my favorite Star Wars movies ever. Now... Not so much.

With this movie itself, I'm pretty confident that time won't lie, and that in ten years nobody will call it anything other than a failed shot at cashing in on nostalgia while being a personal love letter from one of the original trilogy's creators.

Also, the most important piece of advice...

Nothing anybody ever says about a movie will change how you feel about that movie. Don't take other opinions too harshly. They're the same as butts. Everyone's got one, and you don't have to like anybody's butt you don't want to like.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I thought it was common knowledge that the Wachowski Siblings literally stole The Matrix had a court battle over that, settled out of court and then had no clue whatsoever what to do in a sequel.

So questions of where the other sibling was are pretty obvious to answer. Far the heck away from this movie.

This movie was ill-conceived from the start, should not have been made, is not good, will not appreciate, and will put the final nail in the coffin of what could have been an all-time great single film movie ruined by the pursuit of more money.

I also thought it was common knowledge that the reason the actress who played Oracle passed away and was replaced, but alas, here we are.  

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I never hear that story about them stealing it, please enlighten me on that one. 

Dark City arguably a lot of visual concepts were potentially stolen from that amazing film.  But is also not like Dark City went ahead and made Dark City 2, 3 and 4.  They left it alone and it is an all time great film which is what the original Matrix is as well.  Still that is a ton of green backgrounds in Dark City, same with The Matrix.

Alex Proyas who made and wrote Dark City has not done much outside of Dark City and The Crow, but looking around I see this Mask of the Evil Apparition made in 2021  Looks like an amazing film, freaking is not on Netflix though which sucks, wonder how I could watch that one it looks big time legit. (alas looking more into it the film is a "Short" film, what the hell, something actually cool and unique comes out and it is a damn short film, come on Proyas get off your butt and make it a feature film already!)

In terms of my seeing a lot of movies comment, there is something to be said of if all you watch are action films and Marvel based Super Hero movies your perception of what is good and what is not will be altered.  It is called perspective and a wide range movies seen, just like NFL prospects, one can see 80 or one can see 1000.  Who has the better overall perspective then?

But sure it is all in just fun and bickering.  Ultimately one cannot change opinions others have on movies and it is a personal feeling one gets and people are drawn to certain films for a variety of reasons.  Still I will till I am dead argue that The Princess Bride totally sucks and is absolutely not a romance film and will forever do so regardless if others love that **** azz film.  😉

PS I am surprised you originally like those Star Wars remakes, I hated them all, sure some sucked less than the rest but the duplicated storylines were absolutely absurd and ridiculous, how many Death Stars can you make, oh and this can destroy a star, then a planet, then a solar system...stupid.  Maybe they will bring Darth Maul back and make an origin story for him, that might be ok who knows.

35 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Turns out that line about Warner Bro's moving forward with this regardless of the Wachowski's was based in real life. Also, I had heard rumblings of The Matrix being stolen but never seen anything on something being settled.

She lost her case for the matrix and terminator being ideas stolen from her

https://blackexcellence.com/sophia-stewart/