The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Trailer debuts

D82

Not sure how to feel about this TBH.   Sure, it looks fun....but so did the other Matrix sequels.

I do like the idea of them reentering the Matrix, but I hope its not a bunch of rehashed ideas presented as new.

I love Keanu though, so Im looking forward to this. Very cautiously optimistic.

I'm just gonna say it since no one else will.

It looks exactly like The Force Awakens in that it seems like nothing more than the original story mixed with some fanfare and bringing back old characters. "Oh look Morpheus, oh look Trinity, oh look Neo, oh look the rabbit, oh look agents". I hope there's something original here because the original trilogy is my favorite trilogy ever outside of LOTR, so I want to be hopeful here.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It looks exactly like The Force Awakens in that it seems like nothing more than the original story mixed with some fanfare and bringing back old characters. "Oh look Morpheus, oh look Trinity, oh look Neo, oh look the rabbit, oh look agents". I hope there's something original here because the original trilogy is my favorite trilogy ever outside of LOTR, so I want to be hopeful here.

Similar to the The Many Saints of Newark, I'm banking on marketing picking and choosing specific scenes to show in trailers that aren't fully indicative of the direction of the movie while having faith in the movie's creator to actually deliver. 

But yes, this movie needs to do something new because, like Star Wars, it was so revolutionary that it has been adapted to death since it came out and any kind of 'remake' will feel bland and like we've seen it a million times before.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean at least it kinda makes sense within the Matrix Universe. Neo is a created part of the Matrix, and I guess its feasible a 7th crash is going to happen, and therefore, Neo needs to save the Matrix & Humanity again. But we shall see.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I mean at least it kinda makes sense within the Matrix Universe. Neo is a created part of the Matrix, and I guess its feasible a 7th crash is going to happen, and therefore, Neo needs to save the Matrix & Humanity again. But we shall see.

Oh wow I just realized Dark Souls and The Matrix are essentially the same story.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I need to rewatch the series. I thought trinity was dead and why does Neo not remember anything at the start of the clip? 

Trinity is dead in the real world, but apparently in the Matrix she still exists or something (she's a program). Neo doesn't remember anything because he is taking blue pills, which wipes everything