2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

Tafur: Josh McDaniels is not the favorite for the Raiders job anymore, and the latest on the GM search

McDaniels apparently had been calling coaches around the league about putting together a staff, but it appears something happened in the last 24 hours. League sources don’t know if the issue was about compensation or the power structure in Las Vegas or both, but it seems Ziegler and McDaniels are not the leaders in the clubhouse anymore.

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Tafur: Josh McDaniels is not the favorite for the Raiders job anymore, and the latest on the GM search

McDaniels apparently had been calling coaches around the league about putting together a staff, but it appears something happened in the last 24 hours. League sources don’t know if the issue was about compensation or the power structure in Las Vegas or both, but it seems Ziegler and McDaniels are not the leaders in the clubhouse anymore.

I am told McDaniels is back on menu.   Raiders are crazy or that reporter is a flake.

Jurecki adds that Byron Leftwich will become the head coach of the Jaguars.

A league source tells PFT that Leftwich basically gave the Jaguars an ultimatum: It’s me or Trent.

If that GM brought Leftwich in to interview and he then in turn got him fired that is some cold poop right there.

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

A league source tells PFT that Leftwich basically gave the Jaguars an ultimatum: It’s me or Trent.

If that GM brought Leftwich in to interview and he then in turn got him fired that is some cold poop right there.

Why anyone would trust Trent Baalke to be in control in the first place boggles my mind. I wonder if he will land anywhere else.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Leftwich saw how Baalke screwed the 49ers and is right on track to do the same to the Jags. Love how he has the balls to make that power move. Jags would be better off without Baalke.