2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
· 1m
Sources: The #Giants are working to hire #Bills OC Brian Daboll as their new head coach. The two sides will attempt to do a deal and reunite him with old friend and new NYG GM Joe Schoen.

As it was always going to be.

Lame.

Once it became clear our FO wasn’t after him, I wonder if NY was his only actual option in this hiring cycle, and he was worried he’d miss his chance coming off such a strong finish to this year.

For all the Mara/Schoen posturing, I can’t imagine anyone actually wants to tie their future to Daniel Jones. I have to think their commitment to him for 2022 is with an eye toward building a better team around the guy they intend to draft in 2023, unless Jones does a complete 180 and becomes viable in an unexpected and fortunate turn of events type of way.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Lame.

Once it became clear our FO wasn’t after him, I wonder if NY was his only actual option in this hiring cycle, and he was worried he’d miss his chance coming off such a strong finish to this year.

For all the Mara/Schoen posturing, I can’t imagine anyone actually wants to tie their future to Daniel Jones. I have to think their commitment to him for 2022 is with an eye toward building a better team around the guy they intend to draft in 2023, unless Jones does a complete 180 and becomes viable in an unexpected and fortunate turn of events type of way.

The Phins were strongly wanting him...and apparently NO had requested an interview so it was NY who then jumped to close it out.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

The Phins were strongly wanting him...and apparently NO had requested an interview so it was NY who then jumped to close it out.

My perception was that nobody strongly wanted him outside NY. NO maybe since they joined the fray late. MIA waited like 2 weeks to set a follow up. We didn’t at all. Surprises me. Wonder if the interview wasn’t good. Doesn’t matter now I guess. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

My perception was that nobody strongly wanted him outside NY. NO maybe since they joined the fray late. MIA waited like 2 weeks to set a follow up. We didn’t at all. Surprises me. Wonder if the interview wasn’t good. Doesn’t matter now I guess. 

I think MIA seemed to be pretty interest...but again that NY market is tough to turn down...I hope the guy does really well...will be interested to see his staff to see if the rumours of issues there were true.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Going to be weird to watch pro football and not see Brady play

Yeah man will be so so strange...I was always a Manning guy in their rivalry but there is no doubt in my mind now that Brady is the GOAT...hope he stays around the game probably on TV...

Do the Bucs go balls to the wall and try and trade for Rodgers now?