Week 8: Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

21 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

DNV_M5hWkAABhgG.jpg:orig

Obviously the supporting cast needs to draw a circle around themselves to show the great, 30 million dollar, QB where to throw to.

Really hard to see jersey #'s in the pic.

If this is the throw to CT in the flat, that's pretty much the only throw he can make here.

Middle - Can't throw it short middle because of the lack of a throwing window. 

Right side - the in route is an INT if he goes there. Far right receiver hasn't won on the route and Kirk shouldn't be going to him.

Left side - He throws and its possibly picked off. Might be the best option though. But a tight window. 

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Of late, our drafts have been decent and theirs have been crap. It's part of the reason they find themselves in the position they are in.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/ravens

Oh they have drafted bad. We have drafted alright but do we believe that continues without Scot? I believe our scouting dept is pretty solid as I do like Scot Campbell. But as long as Bruce is issuing the deals and signing his bunch of backup misfits to be starters all the sudden I have no faith. But with his cap number with a rookie with our talent we could add some pieces on defense to build a actual unit over there because I have faith in Jay to put whoever is throwing the ball in a position to succeed. We could build a real defense and draft BPA and field a rookie who Jay personally says that guy i can win with we might have a chance. I like Kirk but these flat games are just too much. If this team has to have perfect health and a team full of weapons to compete our realistic chances of winning it all aren’t high. Swing until you find a franchise guy 8 more years of 6-10 too 10-6 with no playoff runs isn’t exactly what I’m looking forward too

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

In essence, what it boils down to is we know what we have in Cousins. Some of us (like myself) would agree with you. Others look at QBs like Wentz and Prescott and say "we don't have a guy with THAT." They want to go find the guy with THAT. For those of who want to stand pat and keep Cousins, we fear that passing up the bird in hand will set us back 5 years.

Prescott isn’t “that” either.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We’re already paying Cousins $24 against the cap this year.  Even if we give him a deal like Stafford or Carr that cap number is only going to go up like $3 Mil more than it is now.  Plus the cap is going up.

Correct. The argument that he will kill our cap is bogus.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

That isn’t entirely true.  Before this draft McCloughan had been trading down and acquiring more picks, which has really helped our depth.  I don’t think it’s fair to nitpick our Oline when even our solid backups are injured.  Our CB depth is probably the best we’ve had in 15 years.  Our MLBs have been surprisingly solid and we still haven’t seen JHC yet.  If Trent Murphy hadn’t gone down we would have been stacked at OLB.

The Dline is an issue but we’ve added Ioaniddis and Allen.  Letting Baker go was probably a mistake.  Our WR core was a strength but our almighty GM went cheap.

Basically McCloughan has us on the right path but Allen is mucking up everything.

I feel like the course was almost immediately reversed when Allen took over. 

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

In essence, what it boils down to is we know what we have in Cousins. Some of us (like myself) would agree with you. Others look at QBs like Wentz and Prescott and say "we don't have a guy with THAT." They want to go find the guy with THAT. For those of who want to stand pat and keep Cousins, we fear that passing up the bird in hand will set us back 5 years.

Prescott doesn't seem to be anything special. Take away Zeke,he'll blow it. Cousins won us the Cheifs game,unfortunately Doctson lost it. Injuries typically are no excuse. But,when your entire line(minus the weak link) is injured and we are very much able to win, you stick with the guy. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This has now been going on for almost 20 years with Snyder. I'm just going to have to accept the fact that we're never going to be good again. 

I have kind of become resigned to the fact the team will suck. I just wish it hurt Snyder's pocketbook more.

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Oh they have drafted bad. We have drafted alright but do we believe that continues without Scot? I believe our scouting dept is pretty solid as I do like Scot Campbell. But as long as Bruce is issuing the deals and signing his bunch of backup misfits to be starters all the sudden I have no faith. But with his cap number with a rookie with our talent we could add some pieces on defense to build a actual unit over there because I have faith in Jay to put whoever is throwing the ball in a position to succeed. We could build a real defense and draft BPA and field a rookie who Jay personally says that guy i can win with we might have a chance. I like Kirk but these flat games are just too much. If this team has to have perfect health and a team full of weapons to compete our realistic chances of winning it all aren’t high. Swing until you find a franchise guy 8 more years of 6-10 too 10-6 with no playoff runs isn’t exactly what I’m looking forward too

You realize this franchise doesn't have a great track record of getting a franchise QB. That 6-10 record is more the norm if we blow it up. But this is the Redskins, I literally have zero expectations now.

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Part of the issue is the guy we have building the team can't fix it. He simply cannot do it. I'd almost be willing to sacrifice Kirk just to get rid of Bruce. That's how much I dislike the guy. 

Bing bing bing bing bing!!! That’s what I’m saying I like Kirk!!!! But to watch Bruce leave because that would have to cost this guy his job or Danny would have to get a syke evaluation!!!!!

Just now, Woz said:

I have kind of become resigned to the fact the team will suck. I just wish it hurt Snyder's pocketbook more.

Apathy will start to hurt him.  Once the regular fans start to figure out there’s no hope he’ll have to make a change.  The problem is Allen is a master of finding a fall guy.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Apathy will start to hurt him.  Once the regular fans start to figure out there’s no hope he’ll have to make a change.  The problem is Allen is a master of finding a fall guy.

Watch Doug Williams be that Fall Guy in a few years. Book it

Archived