Urban Meyer rumors thread

.Buzz

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

What are you talking about? That’s not what I said, and not was communicated either. No one is absolving him of anything.

Yes, the players are human beings with social media accounts. That’s why he can’t just tell them “stop caring about what I did, focus on football and trust that I’m the man to lead this team”. That’s not up to him. it’s up to the players if they’re going to trust him and not treat it like a big deal and let him be the coach going forward. He can’t force them to trust, forgive and be led by him.

Ok...let's live in a world where none of this matters to the players.   Really?

1 minute ago, Charles said:

I mean ... what do you think that is to tell the players to trust in him?  You don't think that is an effort to be absolved of his offenses?

Again, what are you talking about? I’m very seriously confused what it is you think I’m arguing.

12 minutes ago, pwny said:

What are you talking about? Genuinely. 

You are a player.  Your coach, who btw, is one of the highest paid coaches in the league, is busted by some photos that are...let's just say...less than complimentary.   At the same time, you're on an 0-4 team desperately trying to win a game.  And....now it's up to you to buy in to win the next game.  

Really didn't feel like I needed to spell that out

Edited by Charles
Grammar

Just now, Charles said:

You are a player.  Your coach, who btw, is one of the highest paid coaches in the league, is busted by some photos that are...let's just say...less than complimentary.   At the same time, you're on an 0-4 team desperately trying to win a game.  And....now it's up to you to buy in to win the next game.  

Really didn't need like I needed to spell that out

Yeah. That’s not what he was saying or I expressed at all. I genuinely don’t know how you got that out of it.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yeah. That’s not what he was saying or I expressed at all. I genuinely don’t know how you got that out of it.

I wasn't expressly replying to you...just more my frustration with our current coach.  I understand the inclination to defend him...I'm just over it.

Just now, Charles said:

I wasn't expressly replying to you...just more my frustration with our current coach.  I understand the inclination to defend him...I'm just over it.

Don’t think anyone is defending him here?

Just now, Charles said:

I’m not inclined to defend him at all. And this isn’t anything resembling a defense of him, to note that the players may decide they’ve had enough of him and get him out of there if they’re so inclined.

It’s just a statement of fact that it isn’t what his statements expressed, and I don’t think spreading misinformation or a twisted narrative does any good in trying to parse through how things will go from here.

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m not inclined to defend him at all. And this isn’t anything resembling a defense of him, to note that the players may decide they’ve had enough of him and get him out of there if they’re so inclined.

It’s just a statement of fact that it isn’t what his statements expressed, and I don’t think spreading misinformation or a twisted narrative does any good in trying to parse through how things will go from here.

Nothing I've posted could be called misinformation or twisted.

3 minutes ago, Charles said:

Perhaps not ...I just felt like we were awful accepting of some tweet explanation.   

There was no explanation though. Mark Long just butchered the context of the interview and what Urban was saying.

I want him gone just as much as I did earlier today after Mike Silvers tweets, doesn’t mean I’m going to burn him over something like this that isn’t worthy of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charles said:

Nothing I've posted could be called misinformation or twisted.

I mean your entire assumption of what he said was exactly that. It’s nothing even close to what I said or he expressed.