Urban Meyer rumors thread

.Buzz

I just don't see how you can keep him around without this becoming a stain on the team at the same time.  At this point, it's not like the Jaguars are a very highly respected organization as it is, but to turn your head while this kind of thing is going on and just keep the status quo will do nothing but tarnish the image of the team even more.

We need leadership that actually stands for something.  It's not enough to just talk the talk.  You have to make the hard decisions when necessary and walk the walk.

In my opinion, Urban has to have lost the respect of his team and for that reason he has got to go.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lol what

You can always trust Mark Long to take something completely out of context. This wasn’t a question about preparing the team to play the Titans, it was a question asking how do you keep the players focus off of this distraction and on the game ahead when the media is gonna ask each of them about it. 

And he’s right — it can’t be him that gets the team to stop focusing on something he screwed up. It has to be everyone else coming together and deciding that it doesn’t matter and that they’re willing to look past it. He has no input on it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

You can always trust Mark Long to take something completely out of context. This wasn’t a question about preparing the team to play the Titans, it was a question asking how do you keep the players focus off of this distraction and on the game ahead when the media is gonna ask each of them about it. 

And he’s right — it can’t be him that gets the team to stop focusing on something he screwed up. It has to be everyone else coming together and deciding that it doesn’t matter and that they’re willing to look past it. He has no input on it.

Totally disagree.  Players are humans too.  They read social media.   They know what's happening.  To absolve himself of responsibility as regards preparation for next week is just a "save your job" move imo.

5 minutes ago, Charles said:

Totally disagree.  Players are humans too.  They read social media.   They know what's happening.  To absolve himself of responsibility as regards preparation for next week is just a "save your job" move imo.

That’s not what he did though. Did you not see Flux posting the tweet as a follow up or?

8 minutes ago, Charles said:

What are you talking about? That’s not what I said, and not was communicated either. No one is absolving him of anything.

Yes, the players are human beings with social media accounts. That’s why he can’t just tell them “stop caring about what I did, focus on football and trust that I’m the man to lead this team”. That’s not up to him. it’s up to the players if they’re going to trust him and not treat it like a big deal and let him be the coach going forward. He can’t force them to trust, forgive and be led by him.