Week 2 around the league

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

There is no such thing as a running game anymore pass pass pass pass it's official.

Really killing my fantasy team by doing this crap too. Two uber talented RBs with 4.5 and 5.3 ypc respectively and they get 13 touches a piece in a close game. The running doesn’t matter anymore. I can’t place where….but I’m sure I’ve heard that before. 😂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Really killing my fantasy team by doing this crap too. Two uber talented RBs with 4.5 and 5.3 ypc respectively and they get 13 touches a piece in a close game. The running doesn’t matter anymore. I can’t place where….but I’m sure I’ve heard that before. 😂 

A visionary.

• Like 1

are we allowed to make a "betting thread"?

meanwhile, I made a parlay involving 5 highly favored teams betting 200.. payout would be around 1000. I decided to add one non favorite to the Parlay (Dallas) and the payout shot up to a lil over 2000. 

my picks are:

• Denver Broncos (-260)(283) Denver Broncos @ (284) Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Cleveland Browns (-700)(271) Houston Texans @ (272) Cleveland Browns
  • Los Angeles Rams (-195)(279) Los Angeles Rams @ (280) Indianapolis Colts
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-700)(289) Atlanta Falcons @ (290) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Dallas Cowboys (+155)(293) Dallas Cowboys @ (294) Los Angeles Chargers
  • Kansas City Chiefs (-200)(295) Kansas City Chiefs @ (296) Baltimore
Other than my foolish belief in Dallas, where did/may I have F*cked up??
Edited by resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

are we allowed to make a "betting thread"?

meanwhile, I made a parlay involving 5 highly favored teams betting 200.. payout would be around 1000. I decided to add one non favorite to the Parlay (Dallas) and the payout shot up to a lil over 2000. 

my picks are:

• Denver Broncos (-260)(283) Denver Broncos @ (284) Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Cleveland Browns (-700)(271) Houston Texans @ (272) Cleveland Browns
  • Los Angeles Rams (-195)(279) Los Angeles Rams @ (280) Indianapolis Colts
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-700)(289) Atlanta Falcons @ (290) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Dallas Cowboys (+155)(293) Dallas Cowboys @ (294) Los Angeles Chargers
  • Kansas City Chiefs (-200)(295) Kansas City Chiefs @ (296) Baltimore
Other than my foolish belief in Dallas, we did/may I have F*cked up??

There was an entire betting thread with guys who gamble a lot in the gen forum. I have no betting experience, so I have no clue if this is good.

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

There was an entire betting thread with guys who gamble a lot in the gen forum. I have no betting experience, so I have no clue if this is good.

thanks, but you don't have to have betting experience but rather NFL knowledge on what teams would just flat out win.. do yu see any bad choices in my predicted teams winning? 

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

The Bucs and their 150 rushing yards in the Super Bowl say “hello”. High powered passing sells tickets and wins in the regular season, but the running game and defense wins in the playoffs.

Why? Because the run game matters.

11 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

The Bucs and their 150 rushing yards in the Super Bowl say “hello”. High powered passing sells tickets and wins in the regular season, but the running game and defense wins in the playoffs.

The Bucs racked up so many yards on the ground because they broke open a big lead. They didn’t break open a big lead because they ran for a bunch of yards.

Correlation =/= causation

Having a good run game to close out victories is important. But you have to be able to get the lead in the first place.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

This argument is the equivalent of being anti-vax. You are arguing against science. Science has proved the earth is round and running the football doesnt matter. 

• Like 1