Week 3 GDT: Titans (1-1) vs Colts (0-2)

-Hope-

Show me Ryan Tannehill stats win % 4th Qtr comebacks TD int ratio QB rating QBR, when Henry is under a 100 yards rushing meaning when there’s no threat of a run game & the offense is on Ryan shoulder.. please someone & ill shut Da FuQ up, I’m never to big to say I was wrong & eat crow. Even if he lead the league in 4th qtr comebacks but Henry is still gashing defenses that proves my point he’s a game manager playing within a offense not screwing it up. Did we not see Tom Brady win 2 championships as a game manger did Big Ben not win a championship as a game manager anyone, Russell Wilson won a super bowl as a game manager it was beast mode & the legion of boom show, joe Flacco had how many game winning drives the yr the ravens won a super bowl oh & the biggest game manager of them all Eli manning them king of comebacks, won how many 🤔

shoe of hands I’m Eli prime how many of you all would say he was elite how many MVP’s all pro’s or how many QB’s would you say Eli was better than 

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

People throw the elite word around too much(Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, maybe Wilson are "elite", IMO. Tannehill belongs in tier 2 below that), but comparing Ryan Tannehill to Alex Smith might be the funniest thing I've read in some time.

YPA(using Smith in KC vs Tannehill in TEN for these stats, just for reference. So Smith isn't knocked by SF/WAS and Tannehill isn't knocked by MIA) - Tannehill 8.4 Smith 7.2

AY/A - Tannehill 8.9 Smith 7.5

NY/A - Tannehill 7.32 Smith 6.31

TD% - Tannehill 6.8 Smith 4.2

INT%(the one area you might think Smith would have a huge lead) Tannehill 1.8 Smith 1.4

Completion Percentage(again, another area you expect Smith to have a huge lead in..) Tannehill 67.0 Smith 65.1

4QC and GWDs - Tannehill 8/10(in 29 games) Smith 9/11(in 76 games)

Tannehill is literal leaps and bounds ahead of Alex Smith as a QB.

I wasn’t comparing Tannehill to Alex smith #s wise 😆😩 yall so technical I’m comparing Alex smith to Ryan Tannehill in the sense, they’re both winning QB’s very good, but played within a offense for their success & not the offense starts with them, which is why I stated over & over than Mahomes won with less to work with than Alex & took the chiefs offense to another level once Reid made the switch. Under Alex the chiefs were balanced he also had a premier back who led the league in rushing under Mahomes theyre wasn’t a run game, they challenged defenses vertically. That’s my point not their exact #s the fact they’re both winning QB’s who are successful playing within a offensive system as a game manager 

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

That's fair and I agree.

I agree with this, I honestly think y’all take the term as game manager as board of line trash or average that’s not what it means to me, if it helps I go on my grave yelling Troy Aikman was a game manager. Man threw over 20 TD’s once in his career & the Cowboys offense started with Emmitt Smith 

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I wasn’t comparing Tannehill to Alex smith #s wise 😆😩 yall so technical I’m comparing Alex smith to Ryan Tannehill in the sense, they’re both winning QB’s very good, but played within a offense for their success & not the offense starts with them, which is why I stated over & over than Mahomes won with less to work with than Alex & took the chiefs offense to another level once Reid made the switch. Under Alex the chiefs were balanced he also had a premier back who led the league in rushing under Mahomes theyre wasn’t a run game, they challenged defenses vertically. That’s my point not their exact #s the fact they’re both winning QB’s who are successful playing within a offensive system as a game manager 

There is no comparison between Smith and Tannehill, other than they're QBs of two teams who have had a decent amount of success. There is no similarities in their style of play, no similarities in the offenses they run, there is no similarities in the quality of QB they are, etc.

Alex Smith was an average to slightly above QB in KC. Tannehill has been a very good QB in Tennessee.

And for the Tannehill with Henry under 100 question, I'm too lazy to go through 2019 as well at the moment, but a while back I did look at Tannehill's numbers from 2020 in games where Henry was kept under 100 and still have his statline saved from that:

125/198(63.1%) 1,487(7.51) 17 TDs(8.59 TD%) 4 INTs(2.02 INT%)

Edited by TitanLegend

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

There is no comparison between Smith and Tannehill, other than they're QBs of two teams who have had a decent amount of success. There is no similarities in their style of play, no similarities in the offenses they run, there is no similarities in the quality of QB they are, etc.

Alex Smith was an average to slightly above QB in KC. Tannehill has been a very good QB in Tennessee.

And for the Tannehill with Henry under 100 question, I'm too lazy to go through 2019 as well at the moment, but a while back I did look at Tannehill's numbers from 2020 in games where Henry was kept under 100 and still have his statline saved from that:

125/198(63.1%) 1,487(7.51) 17 TDs(8.59 TD%) 4 INTs(2.02 INT%)

So 26 TD’s 5 int throwing over 4k yards is avg well damn that’s pretty solid to me. Again I’m not comparing #’s to the 2 I’m comparing 2 QB’s that can win playing within a offense solid run game & defense. I simply used Alex because I heard the term Ryan Tannehill is elite, & my argument was you don’t handcuff elite QB’s for ex Mahomes, the chiefs offense isn’t the same chiefs offense with Alex smith, so I’m basically saying If you replace Tannehill with a elite QB our offense won’t be the same, which is why I said Vrabel would be fired 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

So 26 TD’s 5 int throwing over 4k yards is avg well damn that’s pretty solid to me. Again I’m not comparing #’s to the 2 I’m comparing 2 QB’s that can win playing within a offense solid run game & defense. I simply used Alex because I heard the term Ryan Tannehill is elite, & my argument was you don’t handcuff elite QB’s for ex Mahomes, the chiefs offense isn’t the same chiefs offense with Alex smith, so I’m basically saying If you replace Tannehill with a elite QB our offense won’t be the same, which is why I said Vrabel would be fired 

Yes, Alex Smith started off the 2017 season on a tear for 5 games(and was in the MVP discussion those first 5 weeks), before dropping back off to the same QB he'd always been over the final 11 games(and then playoff game against us). Those first 5 games he put up elite performances, then the final 11 his performance lined up to the same QB he always was in KC.

Tannehill is not handcuffed. We run the ball a lot because we have a hall of fame running back in his prime and a head coach who just plain loves running the ball. I just provided you with the evidence that even when said running back isn't going off, Tannehill's performances still land solidly in that tier 2 of QBs in the NFL.

Yeah, if Patrick Mahomes is out there to sign and bring in, go for it, get rid of Tannehill. You can upgrade then. But thinking we've got an Alex Smith-level QB and we need to spend a first round pick on one to upgrade just isn't reality. It's not backed up by literally any statistic, whether basic, advanced, analytics, etc.

If you have a QB in that tier 2 bracket, you have a franchise QB. You build around that franchise QB because you can win a super bowl with them. You're far, FAR more likely to downgrade at QB in the draft than upgrade when you have a tier 2 guy, particularly at any pick we're realistically going to have, or that we could realistically trade up for.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yes, Alex Smith started off the 2017 season on a tear for 5 games(and was in the MVP discussion those first 5 weeks), before dropping back off to the same QB he'd always been over the final 11 games(and then playoff game against us). Those first 5 games he put up elite performances, then the final 11 his performance lined up to the same QB he always was in KC.

Tannehill is not handcuffed. We run the ball a lot because we have a hall of fame running back in his prime and a head coach who just plain loves running the ball. I just provided you with the evidence that even when said running back isn't going off, Tannehill's performances still land solidly in that tier 2 of QBs in the NFL.

Yeah, if Patrick Mahomes is out there to sign and bring in, go for it, get rid of Tannehill. You can upgrade then. But thinking we've got an Alex Smith-level QB and we need to spend a first round pick on one to upgrade just isn't reality. It's not backed up by literally any statistic, whether basic, advanced, analytics, etc.

If you have a QB in that tier 2 bracket, you have a franchise QB. You build around that franchise QB because you can win a super bowl with them. You're far, FAR more likely to downgrade at QB in the draft than upgrade when you have a tier 2 guy, particularly at any pick we're realistically going to have, or that we could realistically trade up for.

Again I’m not comparing the 2 from a #s stand point I’ve said over & over we can win with Ryan Tannehill, I pretty much never thought of Alex smith as elite, & I don’t want us to draft another QB because other than Steve McNair we suck at doing that. I’m simply saying they’re are the same far as QB’s who can win you games & are good playing with in a system, with a run game. Not wasn’t trying to get into the #s I just used Alex smith because he was solid in my opinion. But I feel that if we had a elite QB our offensive philosophy would change is my point, a Mahomes a Rodgers, that was my point. Now I believe the coaching staff handcuffs Tannehill I’ve said it too many times we should put more on his plate & let’s see what he can do. 

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

genuinely do not even understand how this is an argument after seeing two back-to-back years of the best QB play in the history of the tennessee titans, with the possible exception of mcnair's mvp year

It’s not an argument it’s a discussion & share of opinions & yes like I’ve said he’s better than McNair he’s the best passing QB in Titan history. My opinion is he’s a game manager not trash, not a bum, but a QB who’s very good & capable of leading us to a super bowl playing within a run 1st offense. I call him a game manager based on how the coaching staff uses him, they simply ask him to play within a system take what the defense gives you & take shots when opportunity presents itself, we don’t use the pass to setup the run or ask Ryan to carve up a defense. Do I think he can possibly ive seen small sample sizes but they handcuff him a lot because the threat of Henry who’s playing at a HOF level, like I said Troy Aikman was a game manager if you ask any cowboy fan they’ll take Aikman over Romo any day, but truth be told the guy threw over 20 TD’s once in his career & their offense started with that OL & Emmitt Smith, & you can say the Same for Eli