Week 3 GDT: Titans (1-1) vs Colts (0-2)

-Hope-

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

It's most interesting to me to see the Saints down that low with Sean Payton running the offense. Guess that's the difference between having Winston and Brees, lol

imo we should be around where LA is. similar caliber of QB with little need to "hide" him like, say, the saints with winston or 49ers with jimmy g. i mean hell, the patriots are even higher while starting mac jones in what's considered to be an extremely run-first offense.

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

downing has improved some but this is still brutally bad.

Also run on 2nd and long about 33% of the time. Tannehill being good is bailing him out moreso than him calling a good game. I think the playbook is fine. The passing game seems to work well when we go to it, but we really need to pass more on early downs early in games.

Derrick Henry having like 80% more carries than any other RB over the last two weeks isn't a sign of a diverse play-caller lol.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

imo we should be around where LA is. similar caliber of QB with little need to "hide" him like, say, the saints with winston or 49ers with jimmy g. i mean hell, the patriots are even higher while starting mac jones in what's considered to be an extremely run-first offense.

It's probably no surprise that Shanahan and all his disciples(LaFleur in GB, LFleur's brother in NYJ, us given Downing is seemingly running the same offense as LaFleur/Art, Stefanski in Cleveland(learned under Kubiak who learned under Mike) and Art in ATL) are all kinda grouped together.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Also run on 2nd and long about 33% of the time. Tannehill being good is bailing him out moreso than him calling a good game. I think the playbook is fine. The passing game seems to work well when we go to it, but we really need to pass more on early downs early in games.

Derrick Henry having like 80% more carries than any other RB over the last two weeks isn't a sign of a diverse play-caller lol.

That's probably my biggest issue so far as well, the amount of runs on 2nd and long. First down runs are fine, and as shown, a staple of the Shanahan offense. 2nd and long runs tho? Not so great.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

That's probably my biggest issue so far as well, the amount of runs on 2nd and long. First down runs are fine, and as shown, a staple of the Shanahan offense. 2nd and long runs tho? Not so great.

I don't have a problem with running on first down. It's how obvious and predictable we are about it and the fact that other teams are loading the box because it's so predictable. By being so predictable we make it more difficult to run the ball.

Also, we passed quite a bit more often against the Cardinals when the run game was doing absolutely nothing and we were down 3 scores immediately. I'd be interested to see how what those pass rates are over the last two weeks and I think being so far down in week 1 from the start of the game is making it look better than it actually is.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

Ryan Tannehill isn’t similar to Herbert at all, that boy special I’m sorry like Marino special  & the reason why we’re not throwing as much is because our offense starts with Henry theirs with Herbert we use the run to setup the pass, they go out & sling it 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Ryan Tannehill isn’t similar to Herbert at all, that boy special I’m sorry like Marino special  & the reason why we’re not throwing as much is because our offense starts with Henry theirs with Herbert we use the run to setup the pass, they go out & sling it 

My bad you meant Stafford 😂😂😂 I forgot their 2 LA teams, but stafford & Tamnehill still not the same. Stafford is a elite QB that can carry a team with his arm just played for a loser organization

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

My bad you meant Stafford 😂😂😂 I forgot their 2 LA teams, but stafford & Tamnehill still not the same. Stafford is a elite QB that can carry a team with his arm just played for a loser organization

And he didn't carry them anywhere. Just put up a lot of yards and INTs and a perennial losing record.

You're still on the Tannehill is a "game manager" crap that you tried pushing two years ago?

Ryan Tannehill has been elite as long as he's been a starter here in Tennessee. I didn't even think that was a question anymore.

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

And he didn't carry them anywhere. Just put up a lot of yards and INTs and a perennial losing record.

You're still on the Tannehill is a "game manager" crap that you tried pushing two years ago?

Ryan Tannehill has been elite as long as he's been a starter here in Tennessee. I didn't even think that was a question anymore.

furthermore, the entire issue is that derrick henry is so good that we don't even have to "run to set up the pass," we just show up on sunday and the pass is set up because of how bad people want to stop henry. that's my whole point here. there's no rule written anywhere that our offense has to be static.

12 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Matt Stafford can carry a team is a wild take after he literally spent more than a decade failing to carry a team to a single playoff win.

• Like 1

Just now, -Hope- said:

furthermore, the entire issue is that derrick henry is so good that we don't even have to "run to set up the pass," we just show up on sunday and the pass is set up because of how bad people want to stop henry. that's my whole point here. there's no rule written anywhere that our offense has to be static.

We haven't ever really needed to run to set up the pass with Tannehill though. He's been great on third down and leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks since starting for the Titans, which are all obvious passing situations. Hell, Derrick Henry isn't even on the field in those obvious passing situations and he's still been elite.

Derrick Henry benefits as much or more from Ryan Tannehill as Ryan Tannehill benefits from Derrick Henry. It's just that no one outside of PFF wants to give Tannehill credit because he's a 33 year old retread playing in Nashville. If he was doing this on the Cowboys or the Rams he'd be all over the media instead of this oft-forgotten peasant in Derrick Henry's shadow.

• Like 1