Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

This thread next year if Lawrence is still in a similar spot and this thread gets a totally different reaction.

One in which we just saw one of the most dysfunctional situations with a coach who got fired for causing internal dysfunction and Treadwell/Tavon Austin playing key roles for Trevor as a rookie QB? Maybe just a tad early to talk like this.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

This thread next year if Lawrence is still in a similar spot and this thread gets a totally different reaction.

One in which we just saw one of the most dysfunctional situations with Treadwell and Tavon Austin playing key roles/weapons for Trevor? Maybe just a tad early to talk like this.

I'll hold you to that, sir. Just for my personal reference - how soon into the 2022 season may I post v2.0 of this thread? 3 games? 4? 5? 10? I wouldn't want to be accused of jumping the gun or using too small a sample size - we as fans need to give Lawrence time, after all. 

4 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I'll hold you to that, sir. Just for my personal reference - how soon into the 2022 season may I post v2.0 of this thread? 3 games? 4? 5? 10? I wouldn't want to be accused of jumping the gun or using too small a sample size - we as fans need to give Lawrence time, after all. 

You’re trying WAY too hard.

Although I get it watching your QB laying an absolute egg over multiple weeks to miss the playoffs. Lash out where you can.

11 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Typical reactionary NFL Gen - Lawrence has a good game and suddenly the thread is "disproven" and he is great after all! 

Yep. 

Bad season? "BUT HE'S A ROOKIE AND YOU CAN'T JUDGE HIM!"

Good game? "Get that gold jacket ready!"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

This is what I get for trying to be cooperative, folks. "It's too soon! Give Lawrence more time!" "Okay, how much time?" "You're trying WAY too hard!" 

I'm almost starting to feel unwelcome on this board. 

so-close-reaching-out.gif

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

This is a moderator. 

Buddy, look at your reply.

”How many games into next season until I can start this right back up.” What are you trying to gain here?

You have multiple people telling you exact the same thing.

16 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Mid-season. There's your answer.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Who is offended? Could he be a bust? Absolutely. What’s dumb is not giving more of a sample size. You’re welcome. 

Lots of people are offended, judging by their reactions in this thread. I think a full season is a good sample size to give an opinion on whether he was terrible in that full season or not. Like I said, it’s obviously not fair to label him a bust, but it’s completely fair to say he was terrible and be worried about his future. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Lots of people are offended, judging by their reactions in this thread. I think a full season is a good sample size to give an opinion on whether he was terrible in that full season or not. Like I said, it’s obviously not fair to label him a bust, but it’s completely fair to say he was terrible and be worried about his future. 

Yup. I personally think Trevor will be fine, but this thread has plenty of merit.

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Thank you; I'm glad someone is able to answer a reasonable question, at least. I'd already said my farewells to this thread but it seems it'll be staying open; I just hope we can find enough to talk about over the offseason. 

Plenty of other threads to grapple with folks in.

Edited by NudeTayne

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

This is what I get for trying to be cooperative, folks. "It's too soon! Give Lawrence more time!" "Okay, how much time?" "You're trying WAY too hard!" 

I'm almost starting to feel unwelcome on this board. 

The Lawrence Stans are just hypersensitive right now. You're fine. 

There was literally a thread that asked how long until he won 4 Superbowls in Jacksonville, and there was actual conversation about it as if it were a foregone conclusion. 

Let them grieve a bit and they'll get over it.

• Like 1