Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

On 1/10/2022 at 5:21 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Two other receivers have not been playing as well as we expected them to also.  I was really excited about Laviska Shenault coming into this season, but he had a LOT of drops this season. 

I thought Shenault was going to have a monster season.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I thought Shenault was going to have a monster season.

I did too.  Going into the season, I was more excited about him than D.J. Chark, who most longtime Jaguars fans consider to be the best receiver currently on the roster.

Shenault had a TON of drops this year and that derailed him a lot.  I don't know if the guy just can't catch, or if the stress of a dysfunctional coaching staff had an effect on his concentration.  I'm hoping it was the latter, and that he can bounce back next year when we have a more competent head coach and offensive coordinator.  If he is still on the roster, we'll see how he does.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I did too.  Going into the season, I was more excited about him than D.J. Chark, who most longtime Jaguars fans consider to be the best receiver currently on the roster.

Shenault had a TON of drops this year and that derailed him a lot.  I don't know if the guy just can't catch, or if the stress of a dysfunctional coaching staff had an effect on his concentration.  I'm hoping it was the latter, and that he can bounce back next year when we have a more competent head coach and offensive coordinator.  If he is still on the roster, we'll see how he does.

I loved Shenault coming out of Colorado. 

I don't remember him having drop issues in college and for the most part wasn't he only used in the short passing game?

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I loved Shenault coming out of Colorado. 

I don't remember him having drop issues in college and for the most part wasn't he only used in the short passing game?

Yes, because he struggles to get separation down the field.  He needs to improve his route running and his hands.  Not much he can do about his lack of speed.   If he's higher than 5th on the depth chart next season, the Jaguars will have had a bad offseason. 

25 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Is this a Jaguars news thread now? Anything to bump your thread I guess.

It was established as such many pages ago -

On 1/2/2022 at 5:01 PM, .Buzz said:

Kind of hate that this has become a thread where we post Jaguars GM/HC news at this point but alas,,,

But of course, this is only a problem if the mean, nasty OP does it...

10 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It was established as such many pages ago -

But of course, this is only a problem if the mean, nasty OP does it...

Think we can keep HC and GM interview news there now that all them are happening in full swing and the season is over.