Cobra Kai - Season 5 - OUT NOW

Deadpulse

pat morita nod GIF

Trailer didn't show much.    Not necessarily a bad thing...but it didnt really pump me up.

As expected, it looks like a major theme will be Johnny's and Daniel's conflicting styles.

Initially, I thought season 4 could and possibly should be the last, but season 5 is already a go and they reported wanna go beyond that.   Im just not sure where they can go after this.   Then again, I think on the show, Miguel and Robbie might only be juniors in HS...so they may have another All Valley touney after season 4.

I just don't want to see this show jump the shark.   

Although, I would like to see Mike Barnes show back up at some point in the future.   

Anyway...looking forward to this and Witcher season 2....which comes out 2 weeks before Cobra Kai.   Should work out perfectly to where I only have to join Netflix for 1 month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 43M said:

nitially, I thought season 4 could and possibly should be the last, but season 5 is already a go and they reported wanna go beyond that.   Im just not sure where they can go after this.   Then again, I think on the show, Miguel and Robbie might only be juniors in HS...so they may have another All Valley touney after season 4.

I have to keep reminding myself how little in universe time has actually passed. 4 seasons=1 year for them. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Didnt notice the new trailer until now.

Im pretty pumped!    I knew there would be tension between Daniel and Johnny, and honestly, I think that might cause them to unravel.

If Miguel and Robbie both have another year of high school after this and will have another All Valley in the future, I fully expect Kreese and Silver to win, mainly through psychological warfare and turning Cobra Kai against each other.

Obviously, just me speculating....but my money is on Cobra Kai winning the All Valley and season 5 will begin with Miyagi-Do, Daniel and Johnny essentially in ruins.

We will see!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

3 episodes in.

The Terry Silver character is being handled great.   Im glad he kinda recognized how crazy he was.

Really liking Kenny.   Interested in seeing how he turns out.

Funny seeing LaRussos son be kind of a bully.   

And I have a crush on Carmen.    

I love this show.    Its not perfect, but unlike so many other garbage franchise revivals these days, this actually has good ideas that respects the original characters and source material.     This succeeds where things like Matrix Resurrections fails miserably.

Really good season...especially the last episode.

However, I do think its the weakest of the 4.   Felt like this season lacked focus more than previous seasons, and some of the character development choices felt off to me.

I feel like there is still potential going forward, but I dont think this show should go beyond the next All Valley....so maybe 2 more seasons.    Beyond that I think theyd start getting in trouble, for numerous reasons.

Still, 7.5/10.   

38 minutes ago, 43M said:

However, I do think its the weakest of the 4.

I agree with this, but that's barely even a knock. I think what makes it the weakest is that the story beats kinda went as expected. Sure there was some solid curves at the end but the whole thing felt a bit too scripted whereas the first 3 seasons were wildly unpredictable. 

I think the fight choreography was on point this season. Especially the two Finals matches, the boy's in particular was fantastic. 

Also a huge fan of Terry Silver's arc in this season. It was everything I wanted from this character's introduction and more. 

Spoiler

Love that he turned on Kreese at the end. Also intrigued by how paying off the ref will come around; obviously it will conflict Tori. Here's hoping that the friend that Silver digs up to help with Cobra Kai is Mike Barnes. Pretty sure he is the only guy from the trilogy that hasn't been brought back yet. Unless you count Jessica but like... why bring her back? Unless they want to bring in Hilary Swank lol

Super intrigued by the inclusion of Chozen - especially with how he will interact with Johnny. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I agree with this, but that's barely even a knock. I think what makes it the weakest is that the story beats kinda went as expected. Sure there was some solid curves at the end but the whole thing felt a bit too scripted whereas the first 3 seasons were wildly unpredictable. 

I think the fight choreography was on point this season. Especially the two Finals matches, the boy's in particular was fantastic. 

Also a huge fan of Terry Silver's arc in this season. It was everything I wanted from this character's introduction and more. 

Hide contents

Love that he turned on Kreese at the end. Also intrigued by how paying off the ref will come around; obviously it will conflict Tori. Here's hoping that the friend that Silver digs up to help with Cobra Kai is Mike Barnes. Pretty sure he is the only guy from the trilogy that hasn't been brought back yet. Unless you count Jessica but like... why bring her back? Unless they want to bring in Hilary Swank lol

Super intrigued by the inclusion of Chozen - especially with how he will interact with Johnny. 

Silver was incredible. I love how all these seasons keep ending with all the good guys in disarray. When they finally get happy endings it's going to be really earned. I agree this is the weakest season, though still like an 8.5/10. It was missing a truly epic moment to put it over the top. The last scene of the season was super hype.

• Like 1