The Bruce Allen issue

lavar703

We have an issue and it's a major one. This is not what we signed up for when the team brought Bruce in and promised we'd do things the correct way. As a fanbase we've been duped yet again by Dan Snyder. 

When the team brought in the tandem of Shanahan and Allen they promised we'd get back to the ways the old redskins were built. We'd build a redskins culture here where fans loved the team again and players wanted to be here, not just because of the owners pocketbook. This simply isn't the case and we have a tyrant running around embarrassing the organization with his stupid personnel decisions that have players once again avoiding the organization. Publicly embarrassing your QB and releasing contract details should've been enough to end his tenure but sadly it didn't. 

The only way we'll get what we want is to hit Snyder where it hurts. Do the exact same thing the fans did when they had enough of Cerrato. Don't go to the games, don't spend money on the team and if you do go to the games use signs to voice your displeasure. Do something, anything. The only way Bruce is ever going to be gone is if the fans revolt against him. This can't keep going on. 

It’s up to Snyder. Frankly as I said in the other thread about Foster that Snyder won’t get rid of Allen as long as we are mediocre or arguably slightly better. Snyder doesn’t want to deal with the media, he just wants to sit behind and deal with $ issues/business/marketing. Snyder wants the sacrificial lamb out there to take the heat off of him and that will always be the case.  

#Lavar

its a good first step but treating a symptom never cures the underlying disease. Allen is the latest symptom, Snyder is the disease killing the redskins

this latest move is all about saving money and rewarding DHall with a roster spot- dhall has completely sold out supporting Snyder but I can understand it he’s trying to figure out where his post football paychecks will be coming from. Now where is the Doug Williams bashing or is he just a “ potted plant”? 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s up to Snyder. Frankly as I said in the other thread about Foster that Snyder won’t get rid of Allen as long as we are mediocre or arguably slightly better. Snyder doesn’t want to deal with the media, he just wants to sit behind and deal with $ issues/business/marketing. Snyder wants the sacrificial lamb out there to take the heat off of him and that will always be the case.  

And as I said in the other thread, I disagree. Snyder never had issues paying people or going after trades or free agents. I can't recall a time Snyder publicly released an offer to a player that was rejected. Yes, Snyder owns the team but I do feel he's been very hands off lately. I personally feel this whole thing is Allens baby.

No way Snyder lets DJax and Garçon go. No way Snyder lets Alf walk away or Baker. If this team were being built by Snyder we would have some actual star players and we have none. 

Perhaps but do you think an owner who spends at least 4days a week at his office in Redskins Park is really “ hands off” or maybe he simply learned to be the puppet master positioning willing stooges to take the blame? 

Oh oh it may not be about money- it’s aboit rewarding one of the last guys he really likes palling around with - DHall

2 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Perhaps but do you think an owner who spends at least 4days a week at his office in Redskins Park is really “ hands off” or maybe he simply learned to be the puppet master positioning willing stooges to take the blame? 

Oh oh it may not be about money- it’s aboit rewarding one of the last guys he really likes palling around with - DHall

It's to easy to blame Snyder. You can't sit here and tell me this team looks like anything Snyder would build. All the evidence is clearly there that this is Allens squad but ultimately Dan employs him so I guess it's his fault as well. 

Its not about the team being bad anymore because it isn't. This is about the way Bruce treats people. He's alienating everyone and it's embarrassing. It's time to move on. He's got to go. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

And as I said in the other thread, I disagree. Snyder never had issues paying people or going after trades or free agents. I can't recall a time Snyder publicly released an offer to a player that was rejected. Yes, Snyder owns the team but I do feel he's been very hands off lately. I personally feel this whole thing is Allens baby.

No way Snyder lets DJax and Garçon go. No way Snyder lets Alf walk away or Baker. If this team were being built by Snyder we would have some actual star players and we have none. 

I agree about what you said. My point pertained to getting rid of Allen. It’s up to Snyder and I don’t see Snyder getting rid of Allen if we continue to at least be around .500 or a game or so above in the present or future. Allen will only be gone if the team totally becomes horrible in the next few years.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I agree about what you said. My point pertained to getting rid of Allen. It’s up to Snyder and I don’t see Snyder getting rid of Allen if we continue to at least be around .500 or a game or so above in the present or future. Allen will only be gone if the team totally becomes horrible in the next few years.

Even if the team is decent Snyder will start to freak out if the fans have had enough of Allen and stop spending. The team was awful with cerrato at the end, what do you thinks going to happen next year if Kirk is gone and Rob Kelley is still starting at RB with Crowder and Doctson catching passes from Colt? 

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We have an issue and it's a major one. This is not what we signed up for when the team brought Bruce in and promised we'd do things the correct way. As a fanbase we've been duped yet again by Dan Snyder. 

When the team brought in the tandem of Shanahan and Allen they promised we'd get back to the ways the old redskins were built. We'd build a redskins culture here where fans loved the team again and players wanted to be here, not just because of the owners pocketbook. This simply isn't the case and we have a tyrant running around embarrassing the organization with his stupid personnel decisions that have players once again avoiding the organization. Publicly embarrassing your QB and releasing contract details should've been enough to end his tenure but sadly it didn't. 

The only way we'll get what we want is to hit Snyder where it hurts. Do the exact same thing the fans did when they had enough of Cerrato. Don't go to the games, don't spend money on the team and if you do go to the games use signs to voice your displeasure. Do something, anything. The only way Bruce is ever going to be gone is if the fans revolt against him. This can't keep going on. 

Lavar we are 3-3 I think you really hate Bruce Allen way to much .

our rosters young and it's better than in the past . It's not his fault that he let gruden hire Manusky or also not his fault Gruden doesn't run the ball.

lol like he isn't a great Gm or a good one to me he's average considering how the redskins looked for a long time.

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Lavar we are 3-3 I think you really hate Bruce Allen way to much .

our rosters young and it's better than in the past . It's not his fault that he let gruden hire Manusky or also not his fault Gruden doesn't run the ball.

lol like he isn't a great Gm or a good one to me he's average considering how the redskins looked for a long time.

You could've just stopped after "you really hate Bruce Allen". He's an embarrassment to the organization and that says a lot considering how embarrassing this team has been under Snyder. 

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You could've just stopped after "you really hate Bruce Allen". He's an embarrassment to the organization and that says a lot considering how embarrassing this team has been under Snyder. 

Even more embarrassing than Cerrito? .

i mean idc about Allen if I was honest , I just feel like he gets way to much hate than he already does .

but for now let's focus on the redskins vs cowboys game.

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Even more embarrassing than Cerrito? .

i mean idc about Allen if I was honest , I just feel like he gets way to much hate than he already does .

but for now let's focus on the redskins vs cowboys game.

Cerrato was a puppet for Dan. Bruce is his own entity and operates the team with full authority. Dan has no issue paying people so what's going on with Kirk and what happened with Baker, Alf, Pierre and Desean clearly shows this is Allens squad. 

Like Donald Trump, Bruce Allen is the symptom of much larger problems with the Washington Redskins.

First and foremost, Dan Synder. He's the owner. He's the one that keeps Allen around. He's the one who has been behind all the major problems in this franchise.

Second, the fan base. They get suckered in, then act surprised when everything goes to crap in a handbasket. They keep going to games. They keep watching games. They keep buying merchandise. Until we, as a fan base, rise up, and stop supporting this franchise, Snyder is going to keep running it into the ground.

Archived