The Return Of The King - Bucs (2-1) @ Pats (1-2)

ravishingone

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I still can t believe they didn t flag Wynn on the false start during the last Pats drive.  Wynn moves and then drops his head because he knew he moved and no call.  Absolutely ridiculous.  

The refs totally sucked on both sides. I saw at least 5 missed calls that were obvious.

10 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Positive slant, the schedule doesn t have any even really good QBs for awhile.  Hopefully, Davis isn t done for the yr.  Get Sherman in shape, n get healthy.

this is the good news about the schedule for Tampa. Because even Matt Ryan looks far better than I thought and then you had Stafford and Dak in the first 3 games. Yesterday showed an improvement for the Bucs defense which should continue against Brissett, Hurts, Fields/Dalton and Winston before the bye.

• Like 1

Morning after reflection on Brady's last pass.  It was the correct read.  Yes, Godwin was open underneath near the sticks.  However, this offense 's first read is to the deep route.  They got man coverage against AB with Jones who had a knee injury.  He just needed to catch the ball on a great pass.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Morning after reflection on Brady's last pass.  It was the correct read.  Yes, Godwin was open underneath near the sticks.  However, this offense 's first read is to the deep route.  They got man coverage against AB with Jones who had a knee injury.  He just needed to catch the ball on a great pass.  

He dropped 2 passes and then he would have had a big play in the first half but Smith was holding.

The Bucs offense does feel off so far but it will get better as the start of the year probably had some unique challenges for the Bucs. Hype surrounding opening night, the Rams and Patriots games. It feels the Bucs can now really start their season and get back to playing better football.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He dropped 2 passes and then he would have had a big play in the first half but Smith was holding.

The Bucs offense does feel off so far but it will get better as the start of the year probably had some unique challenges for the Bucs. Hype surrounding opening night, the Rams and Patriots games. It feels the Bucs can now really start their season and get back to playing better football.

Last night was a weird game.  The D gave up -1 yd rushing, under 300 yds passing with 3 subs in secondary, and 17 pts yet we as fans were killing Bowles.  Offense rushing total was near the amount of the first 3 games combined with 0 turnovers yet only scored 19 pts.

In the end, wins only matter.  

• Like 1

Just now, ravishingone said:

Last night was a weird game.  The D gave up -1 yd rushing, under 300 yds passing with 3 subs in secondary, and 17 pts yet we as fans were killing Bowles.  Offense rushing total was near the amount of the first 3 games combined with 0 turnovers yet only scored 19 pts.

Bowles has been a DC for 4 year and has been top 7 in EPA and DVOA in every year. There isn't much doubt to me that Bowles will figure it out and finish top 7 again. Come playoffs with a healthy secondary his defense will probably be good.

The bigger question is if he can adjust his gameplan in specific games.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Tip of the cap to Richard Sherman.  Off the couch on Wednesday to play a full game.  That is crazy.  Can t imagine how his body feels today.  Well earned rest today.

Seriously, this can't be overlooked. I know he was a step behind most of the night, but the mere fact he didn't have to come out or cramp up at all is astonishing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Bradley Pinion is the rare punter who gets paid for kickoffs and be the holder.  His ability to punt consistently, not so much.  

Not a critical problem, but damn he annoys me.

You're not the only one. I was shocked we kept him and his cap hit this last offseason.

Punter and KOS is a pretty easily replaceable position on the cheap. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Let's not get carried away though just because we held them to 17 pts

The weather was a big factor 

And we still have up 19 straight completions to a rookie

The secondary just bleeds

But fortunately our schedule is favorable coming up 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Seriously, this can't be overlooked. I know he was a step behind most of the night, but the mere fact he didn't have to come out or cramp up at all is astonishing. 

Agreed. Sherman actually had competitive reps out there. Meaning the player wasnt just naked wide open allowing YAC. Impressive for a guy that just practiced Wed.

He will get better as he gets more comfortable with the scheme. Now he will be the #1 for us for at least a game or 2. 

Edited by indifference
  • Like 1