GDT Week 4: That Awkward Moment When...

biggie.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:11 AM, biggie. said:

Frasier vs Ali

Hogan vs Andre

Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Now we have Brady vs. Belichick

Both teams are coming off losses and I think part of that is this game right here.

Once kickoff is initiated, I hope we put that avacado ice cream eating, Uggs wearing pretty boy on his ***

Tongue in cheek as a fan of a division rival I "dislike" both... As a fan of the game I have immense respect for both. 

In my opinion whoever wins, it does nothing to tarnish the others legacy. The primary difference between the Brady vs BB and the Frasier v Ali, etc etc, is that it isn't truly 1 on 1, and each persons circumstance is different. Patriots are rebuilding with a rookie QB. Brady is on a loaded Super Bowl contending team. Brady has actual direct influence being a participant in the outcome whereas BB has to rely on players. I enjoy the "Shakespearean" undertones of it but am also keeping it in context. 

Ultimately, I think it ends up being ugly for the Patriots, personnel wise I just don't think they will be able to contain and match a shootout with Tampa.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Their issue was they fell behind quickly and their backup corners were overmatched against the Rams weapons. Once Stafford double dipped to make it a 14 point lead, they become one dimensional and made it easier to defend for the Rams.

We don't have the firepower the Rams do and the Rams probably also woke up the Bucs. Just like a lot of teams did this early in the season to our Brady teams and we went on to go or win the SB.

I think we go behind early and the game will be a 14-17 point deficit most of the game. Maybe we make it a 7 point game with a garbage time TD but I don't see us having a chance in this one.

Yeah they're going to go in dry on us

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

I'm not convinced he misses that game, probably just getting rested.

I know he took a good shot during the Rams game and is listed as ribs.  I don't think he misses it but he's gonna be guarded about the ribs I bet, if that's indeed the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IheartMyV8 said:

I know he took a good shot during the Rams game and is listed as ribs.  I don't think he misses it but he's gonna be guarded about the ribs I bet, if that's indeed the case.

His playing time might be limited, we'll see but I think he plays. Would be a big help for sure for us because I think Gronk will kill us.

• Like 1

We still have the NFL's best passer rating AGAINST figures for throws more than 10 yards. We may frustrate TB or he may just pick us apart underneath. I don't think it will be the easiest game he'll have all season by any means

The issue is when we have the ball...

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We still have the NFL's best passer rating AGAINST figures for throws more than 10 yards. We may frustrate TB or he may just pick us apart underneath. I don't think it will be the easiest game he'll have all season by any means

The issue is when we have the ball...

Considering the QB’s we’ve faced I’d take that stat with a healthy grain of salt.