GDT Week 4: That Awkward Moment When...

biggie.

Just now, biggie. said:

I've been patient with BB, but that decision was inexcusable.

bad take is bad. Dude coached a GEM of a game throughout and attempting a FG to win the game on 4th down with a rookie QB against a Championship defense throws that out?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

bad take is bad. Dude coached a GEM of a game throughout and attempting a FG to win the game on 4th down with a rookie QB against a Championship defense throws that out?

It's not how you start; it's how you finish. No one is going to remember how well he coached for the majority of the game. Everyone is going to remember him opting to kick a 56 yard FG in pouring rain instead of putting the ball in the hands of his rising rookie QB against a defense full of backups in the secondary.

BB lost us the game with that decision. Plain and simple. He absolutely deserves to feel some heat on his seat for it.

Edited by biggie.

Just now, biggie. said:

It's not how you start; it's how you finish. No one is going to remember how well he coached for the majority of the game. Everyone is going to remember him opting to kick a 56 yard FG in pouring rain instead of putting the ball in the hands of his rising rookie QB against a defense that is out of DBs to play.

So you put a rookie QB in that situation in the pouring rain against one of the best defenses in the NFL? Odds are better that the kick is hit than Mac converting the 4th. When Mac doesnt get the 1st down, I am sure you would be saying he made the right decision, right?

• Like 1

Just now, biggie. said:

It's not how you start; it's how you finish. No one is going to remember how well he coached for the majority of the game. Everyone is going to remember him opting to kick a 56 yard FG in pouring rain instead of putting the ball in the hands of his rising rookie QB against a defense that is out of DBs to play.

Smart people will remember that it was one hell of a game and that the team that no one gave a chance missed by a few inches. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

So you put a rookie QB in that situation in the pouring rain against one of the best defenses in the NFL? Odds are better that the kick is hit than Mac converting the 4th. When Mac doesnt get the 1st down, I am sure you would be saying he made the right decision, right?

Considering how well Mac was playing against TB's terrible and banged up secondary? Yes. Better odds than nailing the FG.

Just now, biggie. said:

Yes. Better odds than nailing the FG.

Glad you agree

Seriously though, there is no disputing the numbers. Odds were better on the FG attempt. You can wax poetic all you want but he played the odds and lost. That doesn't make it a bad decision, because if taking the odds is wrong there is no right answer lol

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Glad you agree

Seriously though, there is no disputing the numbers. Odds were better on the FG attempt. You can wax poetic all you want but he played the odds and lost. That doesn't make it a bad decision, because if taking the odds is wrong there is no right answer lol

Even if Folk made it, Brady has 50 seconds and two time outs. We convert that 4th down, we can then start milking the clock.

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Glad you agree

Curious, what are the actual odds here? I always hear this but I never see the actual numbers laid out. Would be fun to get a hold of those numbers. Does pff have it? 

Edited by PatriotsWin!

24 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Curious, what are the actual odds here? I always hear this but I never see the actual numbers laid out. Would be fun to get a hold of those numbers. Does pff have it? 

They were something like 40% for FG and 32% for going for it and win.

Analytics said yeah, I would have trusted my gut

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

They were something like 40% for FG and 32% for going for it and win.

Analytics said yeah, I would have trusted my gut

Even if Folk made it, Brady has 50 seconds and two timeouts just to get into FG range.

The benefits of a 4th down conversion beats the benefits of a made FG.

Sucks: Jonathan Jones, Kyle Dugger, Justin Herron, Ted Karras, Brandon Bolden, Kyle Van Noy, Steve Belichick, Matt Patricia, Joejuan Williams, Gunner Olszewski, Jahlani Tavai, Yasir Durant

Questionable suck: Jalen Mills, JJ Taylor, Josh McDaniels, Jonnu Smith, Nelson Agholor, N'Keal Harry, Chase Winovich, Henry Anderson

Underachievers: JC Jackson, Damien Harris, Michael Onwenu, Bill Belichick, Dont'a Hightower, Davon Godchaux, Hunter Henry

Where TF are they: Shaun Wade, Ronnie Perkins, Rhamondre Stevenson, Yodny Cajuste, Devin Asiasi, Kristian Wilkerson, Tre Nixon, Ben Mason, Tashawn Bower, Bill Murray

The rest of the team give me a little bit of hope. We need Bill Belichick to step up along with the entire offense. The defense needs to keep getting stops. I think there is still a possibility the Pats can put together ten wins this season and finish with only four more losses. To predict that is bold right now because they are performing like a 7-10 team. To expect ten wins is unrealistic too honestly. But I think it is a possibility at least. If they get ten wins, there is a real shot they will be a spoiler in the playoffs.

Edited by DoleINGout