Who is Batman?   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Batman?

• Christian Bale
    • George Clooney
    • Adam West
    • Val Kilmer and his batsuit with nipples
    • Michael Keaton
    • The dude from Harry Potter that actually looks like he may be pretty solid in the role
    • Matt Damon's former best friend

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I think shanny will be better on his second stop when the team that hires him doesn't give him full control. Reminds me a lot of gruden sometimes. Someone will immediately hire him when he gets fired though. I just don't know how you let shanny be in control of the roster

Don't mind Lynch. He's just a face of the organization guy. He doesn't make any actual decisions. If that's the type of gm you're looking for, I think he's a good one

Difference between Gruden and Shanahan is that Gruden has proven he can take a team to the Super Bowl and win the game, Shanahan hasn't. It's always funny to me seeing how much Lynch/Shanahan are praised as the two greatest football minds in the league while Gruden/Mayock are constantly dragged. Yet we're a better team, have won more games, and have more young talent. San Jose 49ers need to fall back. 

6 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Don't wanna jinx them. But Chargers held Dal and KC to 44 combined. That seems like alot, but not compared to what they have done all year.

Bills to, but need to seem them next week.

Washington held the Chargers to 20 points then proceed to give up 29, 43, 30. 

The Cowboys held the Chargers to 17 and gave up 31, 21, and 28 in their other 3 games. 

The biggest takeaway from the Chargers season so far is what they did against the team that is most comparable to the Raiders. Which is without a doubt the Dallas Cowboys considering that their defensive coordinator, Dan Quinn, learned his entire defensive system while being Gus Bradley's towel boy. 

Phenom Justin Herbert got clamped up by the cover 3 scheme. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Difference between Gruden and Shanahan is that Gruden has proven he can take a team to the Super Bowl and win the game, Shanahan hasn't. It's always funny to me seeing how much Lynch/Shanahan are praised as the two greatest football minds in the league while Gruden/Mayock are constantly dragged. Yet we're a better team, have won more games, and have more young talent. San Jose 49ers need to fall back. 

People praise gruden, mcvay, stefanski, daboll, Fangio, lafleur, Arthur Smith, Brandon Staley, Brady for their football minds as well. They all have brilliant football minds. It's the stuff beyond how they see the game. 

I've never seen anyone give overly lofty praise of shanny's personnel evaluations, for example.  He's a brilliant offensive mind and will win games on that alone, which is what he has done. Not sure how good he is as a head coach yet in terms of those responsibilities. The drafts have been up and down, free agency the same. I think he makes questionable in game decisions for sure.  Right now he's a freakishly athletic pass rusher who gets some sacks because he's bigger and stronger then some, but I'm still not sure he knows what he's doing. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Washington held the Chargers to 20 points then proceed to give up 29, 43, 30. 

The Cowboys held the Chargers to 17 and gave up 31, 21, and 28 in their other 3 games. 

The biggest takeaway from the Chargers season so far is what they did against the team that is most comparable to the Raiders. Which is without a doubt the Dallas Cowboys considering that their defensive coordinator, Dan Quinn, learned his entire defensive system while being Gus Bradley's towel boy. 

Phenom Justin Herbert got clamped up by the cover 3 scheme. 

Raiders gave up 28 to Miami. Who scored 34 points combined in their 3 other games. Chargers will light them up. They know Gus' system.

Raiders can't rely on 3 tds being called back or 3 other tds being dropped. Those are early season hiccups for a team who didnt play starters in the preseason in a new system.

Chargers have a better chance shutting down Vegas than Vegas does Chargers.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

People praise gruden, mcvay, stefanski, daboll, Fangio, lafleur, Arthur Smith, Brandon Staley, Brady for their football minds as well. They all have brilliant football minds. It's the stuff beyond how they see the game. 

I've never seen anyone give overly lofty praise of shanny's personnel evaluations, for example.  He's a brilliant offensive mind and will win games on that alone, which is what he has done. Not sure how good he is as a head coach yet in terms of those responsibilities. The drafts have been up and down, free agency the same. I think he makes questionable in game decisions for sure.  Right now he's a freakishly athletic pass rusher who gets some sacks because he's bigger and stronger then some, but I'm still not sure he knows what he's doing. 

Yet only one of those individuals has shown that their brilliant football mind translates into winning a Super Bowl. 

Assuming the 49ers continue on their current trajectory the team will be in the bottom half in terms of scoring offense in 4/5 seasons. Which would also mean that Shanahan's offenses have also ranked in the bottom half of the league in 10/14 years as a head coach/offensive coordinator. Not sure how he "doesn't know what he's doing" his dad was a head coach for 20 years. And prior to becoming a head coach he was an offensive coordinator for 9 seasons. 

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Raiders gave up 28 to Miami. Who scored 34 points combined in their 3 other games. Chargers will light them up. They know Gus' system.

Raiders can't rely on 3 tds being called back or 3 other tds being dropped. Those are early season hiccups for a team who didnt play starters in the preseason in a new system.

Chargers have a better chance shutting down Vegas than Vegas does Chargers.

7 points were on a pick 6, 8 points literally came on the last play of the game to force OT, 3 points came in OT. 

We've already seen the Chargers offense get shut down 2/3 games with 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the league and 17 points against a good, not great, Cowboys defense. 

The Chargers run defense is absolutely horrendous this year and it took the Chiefs turning the ball over 4 times for you guys to barely win at the end of the game. Daniel Jones looked light years better against WFT then the phenom Justin Herbert. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

7 points were on a pick 6, 8 points literally came on the last play of the game to force OT, 3 points came in OT. 

We've already seen the Chargers offense get shut down 2/3 games with 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the league and 17 points against a good, not great, Cowboys defense. 

The Chargers run defense is absolutely horrendous this year and it took the Chiefs turning the ball over 4 times for you guys to barely win at the end of the game. Daniel Jones looked light years better against WFT then the phenom Justin Herbert. 

It took 2 called back tds vs Dal from the Chargers scoring 31. It took 2 dropped tds vs WFT from scoring 34 and then a dropped td and td called back vs KC from being 41. The phenom did what he does. Early season sloppiness for a team who didnt play starters in preseason in a new system who stopped themselves or the refs, won't have any issues lighting up the soft Raiders defense.

28 points to Miami. Ben had his best game vs that defense. Ravens who struggled vs the winless Lions put up 27 vs Raiders.

They are getting lit up. 

Yet only one of those individuals has shown that their brilliant football mind translates into winning a Super Bowl

I mean, the longest coaching tenure out of the guys I named was 4 years lol. Two of them aren't even coaches yet. 

Reid was lauded for his mind and it took him 20 years. Sometimes super bowls are random.  McCarthy and Pederson have SB wins I don't find either to be particularly adept head coaches. 

Not sure how he "doesn't know what he's doing" his dad was a head coach for 20 years. And prior to becoming a head coach he was an offensive coordinator for 9 seasons. 

Because his dad isn't him and being an OC isn't the same job as being an HC? Some guys are made to be coordinators. Norv and Wade, for example.  I'm not sure if Kyle is one of those guys or not. He could be. I still think he struggles at the actual head coaching aspect of the head coaching job. Doesn't lessen his football acumen, just means he may not be cut out to be a head coach. I think he'd have a better chance at being good at it if he didn't have compete control like he does in SF, but that's a different conversation and why I believe he will be more successful at his second head coaching stop

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because his dad isn't him and being an OC isn't the same job as being an HC? Some guys are made to be coordinators. Norv and Wade, for example.  I'm not sure if Kyle is one of those guys or not. He could be. I still think he struggles at the actual head coaching aspect of the head coaching job. Doesn't lessen his football acumen, just means he may not be cut out to be a head coach. I think he'd have a better chance at being good at it if he didn't have compete control like he does in SF, but that's a different conversation and why I believe he will be more successful at his second head coaching stop

He saw what it takes to be a head coach at the top of the league for 20 years from being around his dad. And yes being a coordinator isn't the same but he had almost a decade in the league as the top assistant coach on a staff before he was hired to be a head coach. Now we're in year 5 so I think if he doesn't know what to do at this stage, it's not a great indicator that he's magically going to figure it out. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Now we're in year 5 so I think if he doesn't know what to do at this stage, it's not a great indicator that he's magically going to figure it out

Well, I won't argue against that except to say not everyone figures it all out. That's asking a lot.  Andy Reid still can go spastic with clock management for example

I could live with shanny not always making the right call on when to go for it and stuff. Some guys are just a little more conservative in that regard, but it's not unheard of for guys to evolve either so I would still hope for that evolution at some point. 

But he can't do that and be in charge of a roster that makes poor personnel decisions. He needs to get out of that life. He needs to be willing to develop people... Especially Lance. He said today after the game that Lance was only prepped for a specialized handful of plays and I can't figure out what that means because I want to scream about how you're developing a #3 pick if he's not getting practice reps and you're only getting him ready for a certain package of plays instead of a real install. Things like that drive me bonkers. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, I won't argue against that except to say not everyone figures it all out. That's asking a lot.  Andy Reid still can go spastic with clock management for example

But he can't do that and be in charge of a roster that makes poor personnel decisions. He needs to get out of that life. He needs to be willing to develop people... Especially Lance. He said today after the game that Lance was only prepped for a specialized handful of plays and I can't figure out what that means because I want to scream about how you're developing a #3 pick if he's not getting practice reps and you're only getting him ready for a certain package of plays instead of a real install. Things like that drive me bonkers. 

Obviously no coach is perfect and talent is what wins/losses you games more often then not. 

And I agree with that. I don't think any coach in the league is really meant to have full control over the roster. Because you'll see that often times coaches are willing to leverage the future by making moves that are designed to help the team win now while good GM's typically make moves with a long-term outlook. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

Houston? Depending on what happens with Watson and if they're able to trade him for good value.

Who was the guy who said he thought Miami would be one of the best teams in the league this year? I think I remember but I don't want to tag him in case I'm wrong, haha.

9 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Depending on how the Watson legal issues play out, Houston for sure.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Houston.

I don’t know, I feel like Houston is acknowledging the early process of the rebuild & they still have their picks, along with a lot of more if Watson were somehow to get traded. No one expected them to be competitive.

Miami currently looks like they completely botched on their rebuild with all 3 of their 2020 1st rounders looking like busts(though I still hope for Tua to bounce back), don’t have their 2022 1st rounder, OLine still looks atrocious, Grier/Flores missing badly on the OC hires, division being tougher especially with their rivals having franchise QBs, etc.

Might not have the bleakest, but I think that’s the last team that I want to be in their position.