Week 8 GDT: Bears @ Saints

blkwdw13

1 minute ago, HuskieBear said:

and then again on 2nd down

I literally just commented on this in the Saints forum. Seemed awfully conservative. Why are they not loosening the leash a bit on Trubisky? He seems to make smart decisions and hasn't looked bad to me at all. I keep waiting for him to start slinging.

2 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I literally just commented on this in the Saints forum. Seemed awfully conservative. Why are they not loosening the leash a bit on Trubisky? He seems to make smart decisions and hasn't looked bad to me at all. I keep waiting for him to start slinging.

Fox ball.

Just now, navysaintsfan said:

it's been like this all season. run run pass. 3 and out. they are trying to "rely" on their run game to keep pressure off mitch, but teams figure this out VERY fast, stuff the box, and force mitch to throw on 3rd and long to a receiving core made up of a bunch of 3s/4s. recipe for disaster

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

They have also played the previous 4 games very well also so it's not just against the Bears.

People doubt us every week. Always another excuse. The truth is the Saints defense has greatly improved. They aren't great, but they are playing at the very least like a middle of the pack defense...which is more than enough with our offense.

1 minute ago, HuskieBear said:

it's been like this all season. run run pass. 3 and out. they are trying to "rely" on their run game to keep pressure off mitch, but teams figure this out VERY fast, stuff the box, and force mitch to throw on 3rd and long to a receiving core made up of a bunch of 3s/4s. recipe for disaster

But Howard seems to be running well enough to take the pressure off of Trubisky. I would figure that is exactly what you want to be able to let your rookie QB loose a bit.

1 minute ago, navysaintsfan said:

But Howard seems to be running well enough to take the pressure off of Trubisky. I would figure that is exactly what you want to be able to let your rookie QB loose a bit.

Fox ball, the only time he has ever opened up the offense was when Manning took over.

Just now, navysaintsfan said:

which is true,, which is why you see the saint's loading up the box on 1st and 2nd down to stiffle JH24, then throw exotic looks at MT10  with it's 3rd and long

Archived