BDL 2021 Week 4 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Gotham Gashslayers

SirA1

Who Wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Gotham Gashslayers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2021 at 03:59 AM

BDL 2021 Week 4

Match: Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Gotham Gashslayers

Away Owner:  @Ragnarok

Home Owner:  @pheltzbahr

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense
QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Aaron Jones
WR - Odell Beckham
WR - Allen Robinson
TE - Dallas Goedert
TE - Hunter Henry
LT - Kolton Miller
LG - Alex Cappa
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Royce Newman
RT - Tristan Wirfs

RB - Kenneth Gainwell
RB - Michael Carter
WR - MVS
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
WR - Christian Kirk
WR - Marquise Brown
IOL - James Daniels

Defense
DE - Trey Hendrickson
DT - Quinnen Williams
DT - Derrick Brown
DE - D.J. Wonnum
LB - Tremaine Edmunds
LB - Justin Strnad
CB - Kendall Fuller
CB - Eric Stokes
NB - Byron Murphy
SS - Antoine Winfield
FS - Juan Thornhill

DE - Lorenzo Carter
DT - Zach Sieler
DT - Kingsley Keke
DT - Khyiris Tonga
LB - Kyzir White
LB - Rashaan Evans
CB - Nik Needham
CB - Deandre Baker

Gotham Gashslayers

OFFENSE

QB - Jimmy Garoppolo

RB - Josh Jacobs

WR - Tyreek Hill

WR - Desean Jackson

TE - Eric Ebron

TE - Cam Brate

LT - Jake Matthews

LG - Laken Tomlinson

C - Chase Roullier

RG - Shaq Mason  

RT - Taylor Moton

RB - Mike Davis

RB - Elijah Mitchell

RB - Kenyan Drake

WR - Jamison Crowder 

TE - Juwan Johnson

TE - Hayden Hurst

OL - Daryl Williams

OL - Lloyd Cushenberry

DEFENSE

EDGE - Shaq Barrett

INT - Chris Jones

INT - Grover Stewart

EDGE - Denico Autry

LB - Kyle Van Noy

LB - Jamin Davis

CB - Xavien Howard

CB - Xavier Rhodes

CB - Vernon Hargreaves

S - Minkah Fitzpatrick

S - Trevon Moehrig

DL - AJ Epenesa

DL - Kemoko Turay

LB - Anthony Barr

LB - Germaine Pratt

LB - Zack Baun

CB - Tyson Campbell

CB - Damon Arnette

S - Ronnie Harrison

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense

Overview - Incorporate Goedert, run the ball more consistently, use play action.

2 TE - 40% - We welcome Goedert this week and plan on getting him involved early.  We think we can attack the linebackers of Gotham in coverage, and want to isolate them against Goedert, Henry, and Jones in space.  We will have an even run-pass ratio in this set, and want to establish the stretch that we can build play action off of.  That said, we will not ignore OBJ and Robinson and will make sure they get their chances to make plays in this set, regardless of the CB on them.

4 WR - 30% - Hollywood and Kirk come in for the TEs as we spread out the Gotham D.  We particularly want to attack Hargreaves, Tyson, or Arnette.  We will be in shotgun here and let Rodgers do his thing.  There will be some draws and screens to Jones to make the defense at least look at that possibility.

3 WR - 20% - We are going to start with Robinson, OBJ, and Aiyuk in our 3 WR sets, but we will rotate Kirk and Marquise in with regularity to give guys rest as need be.  Goedert and Henry will also rotate to keep each other fresh.  As with our 2 TE set, we are going to run about half the time.  With no Flowers, we want to attack the edges with our stretch run to allow Jones to find and hit the hole.  We will use play action here as well to suck up the linebackers and let our guys work in behind them.

5 WR - 10% - Robinson, Kirk, OBJ, Aiyuk, and Hollywood. Get in shotgun, attack the secondary, trust our OL to give Rodgers time to find the open man.

Defense

Overview - Double Tyreek, match up in man, and make other guys beat us.

Tyreek - Tyreek is the one guy who could take over this game for Gotham, so we are going to put Stokes on him with Thornhill sitting over the top the majority of the time.  This will give us two speedsters to limit his effectiveness.

Everyone Else - We are going to go with more man coverage this week and match up depending on the personnel Gotham brings out.

If they go 3 TEs, we will play Strnad, Tremaine, Rashaan, and Kyzir with Rashaan taking the RB in coverage and the other 3 LBs taking the 3 TEs in man.  Winfield would play up in the box to help against the run and play a middle zone to erase crossers.

For 2 TEs, Kyzir comes out and Byron comes in and takes the other WR.  Rashaan would still have the RB with Tremaine and Strnad taking the TEs and Winfield playing the same role as above.

For 3 WR, Kendall comes in for Rashaan and takes the 3rd WR, Strand has the RB, Tremaine takes the TE/RB, and Winfield will still play up, but will alternate between a middle zone and a deep half away from Tyreek as Thornhill will be on Tyreek's side.

If they try 4 WR, Stokes and Baker will play outside with Byron and Kendall inside.  Tremaine will have the RB, and our safeties will sit in a 2 Deep shell.  The safety to Tyreek’s side will be solely focused on him.

Gotham Gashslayers

OFFENSE (60% Pass 40% Run) - 2 WR/2 TE/RB Base

This week we are coming out in 12 Personel base, getting some pieces back and allowing us to employ a balanced attack.   Jimmy Garoppolo earns the start this week in his Gotham debut.

Speed Freaks  -  Its no secret that our WR corps is beat up, but we still have Tyreek Hill and he will still be targeted frequently.  We plan to line up Hill not only outside and put him in motion, but also in the slot and the backfield as well.  By varying his position we feel we can nullify attempts at doubling him and give him unique opportunities to get the ball in space, using him on jet sweeps, reverses and maybe even a direct snap trick play.  Adding Desean Jackson and his deep speed prevents the Buttzkracg D from stacking the box or risk a long TD; we plan on targeting Jackson deep off play action a few times throughout the day.  

Big Bois - Having a 2 TE formation on the field gives us a ton of flexibility on how to utilize them and forces Berlin to play small with a nickel as they don’t really have any options at LB or S to match outside of Evans.  Evans in coverage is an auto first read for Jimmy.  Aside from creating personnel mismatches for Berlin, having 2 TEs should give a bump for our run blocking and allow us to chip Hendrickson on obvious passing downs.

Running Game  -  Running a committee this week, but we are looking to go a bit more run heavy at 40% than normal.  Having Josh, Mike, Kenyon and Elijah split the load will keep fresh legs in on every snap.

DEFENSE - 4-2-5 Cover 2 Nickel 

Yes, of course we just saw a Godgers led team defeat a Garoppolo lead team a few days ago, but we don’t think A A Ron is going to be in a position to win the game as time expires in this tilt.  Here’s how we plan to prevent that.

Play Sides - We have confidence in the X Men they can handle their business on the outside against whoever Berlin trots out at WR, so they will play sides and a majority of man.  Again going with the Cover 2 to give our CBs the freedom to be aggressive at the line and making plays on the ball, knowing they have help over the top.  Hargreaves gets the start at Nickel and Tyson Campbell comes on in Dime looks against 4 WR sets.

Get After Him - We’ll mostly rush 4 in this game, mixing in blitzes sporadically to keep Rodgers honest.  We’re lining Chris Jones up over Royce Newman, we think this will draw doubles from Linsley, ing up the middle for blitz opportunities and leaving our Edge guys with singles.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

The score was a joke lol But I do think that Berlin would win by a couple of scores

Honestly, you're a tremendous piece of ****.  Questioning my integrity for the second time on whether I'm tanking is my breaking point.  You're the kind of person that that votes against a team for the sole reason of them being in your division no matter what.  You're the kind of person that trades votes with another owner no matter what.  You have zero integrity.  **** you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Honestly, you're a tremendous piece of ****.  Questioning my integrity for the second time on whether I'm tanking is my breaking point.  You're the kind of person that that votes against a team for the sole reason of them being in your division no matter what.  You're the kind of person that trades votes with another owner no matter what.  You have zero integrity.  **** you.

How can you not read levity? Dude you need to relax. I was talking about someone else's comment in the discussion thread. I trade votes with other people? Bro, get the out of here with that crap. 

I do apologize because I should have made it more clear I was joking and that is on me so I understand why you are upset  But I meant no harm and I do not actually think you are tanking if you were a tanking you wouldn't be taking the time to write such  an elaborate game plan.  There is not a single person person in this league that I have not voted against at some point.

Edited by wwhickok

While I think Berlin wins this one on the strength of one of the better rosters in the league, I don't see how Pheltz can possibly do anything more than he has at this point. I've been here. At least he shows up each week, more than a lot of people have.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

While I think Berlin wins this one on the strength of one of the better rosters in the league, I don't see how Pheltz can possibly do anything more than he has at this point. I've been here. At least he shows up each week, more than a lot of people have.

hard rock 80s GIF

• Like 1